Author Topic: McCain, other AZ lawmakers react to Trump's announcement of Syria strikes  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.azfamily.com/story/37955493/mccain-other-az-lawmakers-react-to-trumps-announcement-of-syria-strikes

U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement about the strikes:

“I applaud the President for taking military action against the Assad regime for its latest use of chemical weapons, and for signaling his resolve to do so again if these heinous attacks continue. I am grateful to our British and French allies for joining us in this action.

“I hope these strikes impose meaningful costs on Assad. The message to Assad must be that the cost of using chemical weapons is worse than any perceived benefit, that the United States and our allies have the will and capability to continue imposing those costs, and that Iran and Russia will ultimately be unsuccessful in protecting Assad from our punitive response.

“To succeed in the long run, we need a comprehensive strategy for Syria and the entire region. The President needs to lay out our goals, not just with regard to ISIS, but also the ongoing conflict in Syria and malign Russian and Iranian influence in the region. Airstrikes disconnected from a broader strategy may be necessary, but they alone will not achieve U.S. objectives in the Middle East.”

more at link

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thanks for posting this.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
HaHaHaHa LOL I'm not laughing at McCain's passing, but these so called "statements" from him are ludicrous.

The ghost of John McCain, up from the grave once again to "issue a statement". Yea right...
I wonder which staffer wrote this one? John McCain is not involved. John McCain is dead.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

HaHaHaHa LOL I'm not laughing at McCain's passing, but these so called "statements" from him are ludicrous.

The ghost of John McCain, up from the grave once again to "issue a statement". Yea right...
I wonder which staffer wrote this one? John McCain is not involved. John McCain is dead.

weird

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
News update: Wannabe Generalissimo McCain is still dead.
The Republic is lost.

News update: Wannabe Generalissimo McCain is still dead.
McCain's mom only died 6 years ago.  You wanna believe he can't run and win election until Trump is impeached?  Go ahead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe McCain should consider showing up for work.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCain's mom only died 6 years ago.  You wanna believe he can't run and win election until Trump is impeached?  Go ahead.

Roberta McCain is still alive and 106 years old.   Unlike her son, she is in good health.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Alive or dead, McCain never met a war he didn't support spending our money and lives on.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Roberta McCain is still alive and 106 years old.   Unlike her son, she is in good health.
Thank you for correcting me.  McCain's mom is still alive.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Maybe McCain should consider showing up for work.

What in the world are you talking about? Since when can a guy not disappear for 6 months if he wants to? That doesn't mean he has to lose his job. Not showing up to work for six months is normal. Everybody does it. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be paid.

After all, he is "issuing statements" every few weeks. Why is that not enough?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've stated this before, and I'll state it again.

Assuming McCain is still alive (and since he's made no public appearances in some time, we can only assume that), he's holding his resignation back until after May (not sure exactly which day, but it's a date in May).

That's because AFTER that date has passed, the governor of Arizona will APPOINT a replacement for him (rather than call for a special election), and that replacement will serve until the 2020 elections roll around.

I proffer that some kind of deal has already been cut with the governor (either by McCain himself or perhaps by his wife and daughter), the crux of it being that Cindy McCain will be appointed to succeed her husband.

The first time I posted that, someone replied that Cindy McCain isn't well-liked in Arizona and that won't happen because of such public sentiment.

It DOESN'T MATTER whether or not Mrs. McCain is "liked" or not by the voters.
The whole point of the deal is that the voters will have no say in a gubernatorial appointment. Cindy McCain will get the seat anyway.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Assuming McCain is still alive (and since he's made no public appearances in some time, we can only assume that), he's holding his resignation back until after May (not sure exactly which day, but it's a date in May).

That's because AFTER that date has passed, the governor of Arizona will APPOINT a replacement for him (rather than call for a special election), and that replacement will serve until the 2020 elections roll around.

I proffer that some kind of deal has already been cut with the governor (either by McCain himself or perhaps by his wife and daughter), the crux of it being that Cindy McCain will be appointed to succeed her husband.

The first time I posted that, someone replied that Cindy McCain isn't well-liked in Arizona and that won't happen because of such public sentiment.

The whole point of the deal is that the voters will have no say in a gubernatorial appointment. Cindy McCain will get the seat anyway.

I said it, and if Doug Ducey wants to remain governor he won't appoint Cindy McCain.  He can run for another term and will get severely beaten if he pulls an "appoint the wife" stunt.  She has Z E R O experience as anything but a beer baroness.  This ain't a "Widder Carnahan" moment.  It would be a Hella campaign issue because he's up for election this year.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:55:36 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Carnahan redux.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Carnahan redux.

People knew they were getting the Widder Carnahan in advance because the Governor said he was going to appoint her before the election with her dead husband running.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: