Author Topic: Hi-tech cameras can detect offences without drivers knowing (cell phones)  (Read 446 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hi-tech cameras can detect offences without drivers knowing

DISTRACTION is one of the leading causes of fatal road crashes in Australia but new hi-tech cameras that detect drivers using their mobile phones without them even knowing could soon change everything.

A New South Wales Police spokesman told news.com.au that officers currently “use a variety of methods to detect drivers using their phones while driving”.

“Line-of-site, by trained officers is the primary method of detection, however, long-ranged cameras have been used with success, and helmet cameras in motorcycle police continue to be used,” the spokesman said.

Read more at: http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/hitech/drivers-using-mobile-phones-could-be-fined-without-even-knowing-theyve-been-caught/news-story/ecb141e8552b39560f7f395802e447d7
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:48:04 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Hi-tech cameras can detect offences without drivers knowing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:27:03 pm »
This is what I've thought, they should/could have a way to see if someone is using their phone in the car. Then, some mount phones on the dashboard and talk. This should be okay, imo.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Hi-tech cameras can detect offences without drivers knowing
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:14:49 pm »
This is what I've thought, they should/could have a way to see if someone is using their phone in the car. Then, some mount phones on the dashboard and talk. This should be okay, imo.
I have seen people with dash mounted phones drive just as dangerously as those with hand held, they get distracted, slow to well below the speed of traffic and drift in their lanes.