Author Topic: Trump To Pardon … Scooter Libby?  (Read 559 times)

Offline endicom

Trump To Pardon … Scooter Libby?
« on: April 13, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »
Hot Air
Ed Morrissey
Apr. 13, 2018

Many people have urged Donald Trump to use his pardon power to thwart what they see as an out-of-control special prosecutor. Few knew they had Patrick Fitzgerald in mind. More than a decade after being convicted on four counts of obstruction and perjury related to the unmasking of CIA asset Valerie Plame Wilson, Trump will issue him a full pardon, perhaps as early as today:

President Donald Trump plans to pardon I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, a former top aide to Vice President Dick Cheney.

That’s according to a person familiar with the president’s decision who said the announcement could come as early as Friday. The person wasn’t authorized to discuss the decision ahead of its public announcement and demanded anonymity.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/13/trump-pardon-scooter-libby/

Offline endicom

Re: Trump To Pardon … Scooter Libby?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:51:54 pm »
Hmm...Libby gets justice and Trump gets to show what he can do outside of the current unpleasantness.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:54:49 pm »
This is probably one of the smartest political moves against a creep like Mueller I have seen. First off, Libby should have been pardoned by the jackass Bush. He didn't do anything and the two leakers, Armatige and Powell got off scot free. Secondly this is a huge FU to Comey who railroaded Scooter. Finally it gives out notice to everyone getting drug into this Mueller clown show that pardons will be available for those who don't play ball with the corrupt machine.

Bravo Donny. Bravo.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 02:17:25 pm »
This is probably one of the smartest political moves against a creep like Mueller I have seen. First off, Libby should have been pardoned by the jackass Bush. He didn't do anything and the two leakers, Armatige and Powell got off scot free. Secondly this is a huge FU to Comey who railroaded Scooter. Finally it gives out notice to everyone getting drug into this Mueller clown show that pardons will be available for those who don't play ball with the corrupt machine.

Bravo Donny. Bravo.

What he said.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:37:11 pm »

Bravo Donny. Bravo.

Libby deserves the pardon. Trump goes back on the offensive, the Mueller investigation failing to neuter him like a gelded Bush.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 02:51:00 pm »

Bravo Donny. Bravo.

goopo

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 02:53:09 pm »

Libby deserves the pardon. Trump goes back on the offensive, the Mueller investigation failing to neuter him like a gelded Bush.

" ... like a gelded Bush" ---  an instant classic.   ^-^

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 01:38:03 am »
Good on ya, Frank Cannon, for reply #2 above!