Author Topic: Cancel your Bank of American credit cards easily over the phone  (Read 796 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 It's easy. Just dial 800-732-9194 and tell them you want to cancel your BoA CC immediately. They will ask why,so make sure you tell them it is about BoA's decision to support gun control.

No,you do NOT have to pay your cards off before you cancel them. You will still owe the money,you just won't be able to charge anything to your former CC account.

I just did this a few minutes ago and got a message about "a short wait of 4 to 6 minutes due to the unusually high amount of calls being received",but I don't think it took that long before a pleasant sounding woman answered the phone,asked me why I was cancelling my card after 3 years,and just said "OK,thank you,your card will be cancelled effective today." after I told her why. She said they would be sending me a letter within 24 hours to verify my account has been closed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Cancel your Bank of American credit cards easily over the phone
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:17:05 pm »
BOA is a massive corrupt bank. I doubt they will reverse course over people leaving them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:40:04 pm »
BOA is a massive corrupt bank. I doubt they will reverse course over people leaving them.

@Frank Cannon

Maybe not,but the one thing I AM positive about is they will no longer be earning any profits from ME. I plan on sending them a check for the balance on my CC with them as soon as I get the official letter in that my account there has been closed. I am going to have to hit up one of my other CC's to come up with that much cash right away,but that's no big deal.

Hell,it's even an advantage because it's one less payment I have to pay every month,and the CC I am hitting up for the 3+ grand has a lower interest rate anyhow.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:43:43 pm »

Hell,it's even an advantage because it's one less payment I have to pay every month,and the CC I am hitting up for the 3+ grand has a lower interest rate anyhow.

Well then just as a matter of economics you should have dumped Bank of Amigo years ago.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:48:34 pm »
Well then just as a matter of economics you should have dumped Bank of Amigo years ago.

@Frank Cannon

I like to keep a couple of "small credit limit" cards available to use for daily stuff and small purchases because if they get hacked,there is only so much money any hacker can get and I'm not out much while waiting to get everything cleared up.

I am one of those people who are paranoid about electronic transmissions stuff to the point where I use a different screen name and password on each account.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:51:20 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 10:53:39 pm »
.... where I use a different screen name and password on each account.

I know. You used to go by "BellaAbzugRocks" at that other forum.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:06:12 pm »
I know. You used to go by "BellaAbzugRocks" at that other forum.

@Frank Cannon

FINANCIAL accounts,not screen names on political accounts.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:12:21 pm »
    Wells Fargo is another crappy Bank on the same level of BoA and Chase, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 11:33:16 pm »

Thanks to the govt' most regional banks sold out to the crappy mega banks because they couldn't comply with all the bullshit regulations.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 12:43:09 am »

@corbe

No argument there! I can't remember a time when they weren't useful as a bad example of what a bank should be. IIRC,the first time I heard of them committing fraud and screwing their customs via fraud was sometime in the early 70's. In a just world were politicians couldn't be bought,they would have been forced into bankruptcy and had their board members put  in prison decades ago.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 11:39:35 am »
Thanks to the govt' most regional banks sold out to the crappy mega banks because they couldn't comply with all the bullshit regulations.

I remember all of the mergers that created the Mega banks in the 90's and back then I sense problems with the result of these mergers.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”