Author Topic: Report: Paul Ryan Not Running for Re-Election  (Read 3404 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Report: Paul Ryan Not Running for Re-Election
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 04:40:51 pm »
Shapiro is absolutely right about point 3.  Ryan is sharp on specific policy matters, but doesn’t have the overall skillset for Speaker.

How about Ben Shapiro for Speaker?  Or anyone who is not currently part of the problem (i.e. someone not in Congress).  Alan West perhaps?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 04:44:36 pm »
How about Ben Shapiro for Speaker?  Or anyone who is not currently part of the problem (i.e. someone not in Congress).  Alan West perhaps?

Works for me.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline the_doc

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 04:53:38 pm »
I would really like to believe this is true but I have my doubts.

I heard somewhere that Julian Assange recently (mere days ago?) dropped a bombshell e-mail suggesting that the Clinton Foundation bribed several Republicans to try to neutralize Trump.  Ryan was one of those on the reputed list.

Even if the report is false, it could hurt Ryan. 

Offline the_doc

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 04:54:31 pm »

Yes, Allen West!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 05:02:05 pm »
@Hoodat

I've always been of the firm belief that the FBI files that were found in the private residence when Billy Jeff was president have been used for blackmail purposes against Republicans since they first disappeared and continue to be used to this day.

Ryan was elected to the House in 1998.

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 05:03:42 pm »
Future WI Congressman Paul Nehlen will represent the GOP well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 05:11:45 pm »
Ryan was elected to the House in 1998.

Right I understand that.  My comment was more about their general use on Republicans that were there prior to 1998 and that were seemingly staunch conservative members of the GOP that suddenly out of nowhere started talking and voting like Liberals.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 05:41:56 pm »
Right I understand that.  My comment was more about their general use on Republicans that were there prior to 1998 and that were seemingly staunch conservative members of the GOP that suddenly out of nowhere started talking and voting like Liberals.

I don't think they had to be blackmailed into behaving like liberals.  You don't have to blackmail a cat to claw your curtains.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 06:05:06 pm »

Mark Davis on KSKY was hilarious this morning. He was saying how Trump is making the GOP better...lol, he's been viewing the world through @Right_in_Virginia 's spectacles since November 2016. ... 

I'm happy to help you take a step toward the light, too .... just say the word @Night Hides Not    ^-^

Offline the_doc

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 06:23:47 pm »

Ben is sharp, but he could use some coaching on his demeanor and his speed-talking.  Allen West would be outstanding.  He is smart, ex-military (Fort Hood!), ex-Congressman, and (shall we also mention?) a gentleman of color.

Surely Colonel West could unify the Congressional Black Caucus.  (sarc\)

I would love to have West as the next in line for POTUS succession after Pence.  (Being a conservative black, West would dampen the spirit of Dems who might want to impeach Pence.)  Besides, I think West would make a better POTUS than Pence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 08:26:32 pm »
Best news I have read today, perhaps since the first of the year.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 08:29:31 pm »
Best news I have read today, perhaps since the first of the year.
That is exactly what Nancy Pelosi said today.

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2018, 01:23:32 am »
That is exactly what Nancy Pelosi said today.
Unanimity then.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2018, 01:41:02 am »
   I'm calling it, this Early, your next Speaker:

I should get extra points for finding him in a Baseball Uniform, similar reason why he'll be appointed the Minority Leader over McCarthy in the House in 2019.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:42:21 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2018, 12:58:05 pm »
Simply put,  there is no one in Washington I admire more than Paul Ryan.   A true scion of Kemp-Reagan,  he's been a tireless advocate of tax and entitlement reform.   The new tax bill - and the economic growth it will produce - just wouldn't have been possible without Congressman Ryan.

Even more important,  he's a decent human being and the kind of Christian we should all aspire to be,  with a core of compassion and an aversion to the ugly side of populism and xenophobia.   I understand he's leaving Congress to spend more time with his young family.   May Godspeed, Mr. Ryan, and I hope that come 2020 you'll decide to run for President.   I can think of no better man to raise the Republican banner.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2018, 01:08:36 pm »
Simply put,  there is no one in Washington I admire more than Paul Ryan.   A true scion of Kemp-Reagan,  he's been a tireless advocate of tax and entitlement reform.   The new tax bill - and the economic growth it will produce - just wouldn't have been possible without Congessman Ryan.

Even more important,  he's a decent human being and the kind of Christian we should all aspire to be,  with a core of compassion and an aversion to the ugly side of populism and xenophobia.   I understand he's leaving Congress to spend more time with his young family.   May Godspeed, Mr. Ryan, and I hope that come 2020 you'll decide to run for President.   I can think of no better man to raise the Republican banner.
I can.