Author Topic: Alan Dershowitz: Today is a 'very dangerous day for lawyer-client relations'  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@libertybele I had thought Cruz was waiting for a Supreme Court Justiceship to open up, which seemed like a good position for him.

Not sure where that idea came from.  Did Cruz ever express it?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Though this has nothing to do with Cruz, I'll respond. Yes, Dershowitz has stated that Cruz is off the charts brilliant.  I'm hoping Cruz stays silent on this one for the simple fact that I think he clearly sees what's going on and knows that the swamp creatures have a target; Trump and every GOP running in the mid terms. Besides,  he's met with Trump a few times and Trump didn't value his opinion, nor has he ever offered Cruz an apology.  Trump also went as far as to threaten Cruz's Senate seat and in spite of all the b.s. Trump has thrown at Cruz, Cruz has stood up for Trump numerous times. 

Just my opinion, but if Trump were smart he would have swallowed his pride and named Cruz as his AG.  Appointing Sessions was the biggest mistake he's made and now he's let things get to the point that firing Sesssions, Rosenstein and Mueller would create quite an upheaval.  Sorry, but Trump needs to take some responsibility on this one.

I originally typed that Cruz should replace Sessions...but immediately, for all the reasons you cited, said...NO FREAKING WAY!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

@libertybele I had thought Cruz was waiting for a Supreme Court Justiceship to open up, which seemed like a good position for him.

Laura that 'rumor' swirled around for awhile and Cruz emphatically stated that even if he were offered a seat on the bench he wouldn't take it.  I'm glad that it wasn't offered to him and I'm extremely glad that we still have him in the Senate. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I originally typed that Cruz should replace Sessions...but immediately, for all the reasons you cited, said...NO FREAKING WAY!   :laugh:

Ya ok, I see your humor, but I also see not appointing him as a very missed opportunity to clean up the swamp.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Laura that 'rumor' swirled around for awhile and Cruz emphatically stated that even if he were offered a seat on the bench he wouldn't take it.  I'm glad that it wasn't offered to him and I'm extremely glad that we still have him in the Senate.

@libertybele @Sanguine  Yes, I thought it was a rumor.  I hadn't heard Cruz had turned down the idea.  It's too bad; I think eventually -- not right this second, but when he's tired of the Senate -- his legal knowledge would make him a really good Justice.  I don't agree with him on everything, but I think he is a great legal mind.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ya ok, I see your humor, but I also see not appointing him as a very missed opportunity to clean up the swamp.

I recall you and I talking about his meeting with Pres. Trump at the White House...or was it at Trump Tower in NYC during transition?

We discussed Cruz being offered AG or SCOTUS and whether for all the aforementioned reasons, could he 'trust' Ted as his AG?

We both agreed that Ted's Conservative DNA and knowledge of the Constitution make for a perfect Supreme Court justice.

Then we weren't sure whether Cruz graciously declined...and just bought a lot of popcorn.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Victoria33

@LauraTXNM

Cruz did say he was not interested in the supreme court.  He would not take Sessions place because he knows Trump is a loose cannon and he can't depend on anything Trump says.  Cruz would not put himself in that position.

I expect him to run for president again, but if Trump runs in 2020, don't think he would run against Trump.

Offline libertybele

I recall you and I talking about his meeting with Pres. Trump at the White House...or was it at Trump Tower in NYC during transition?

We discussed Cruz being offered AG or SCOTUS and whether for all the aforementioned reasons, could he 'trust' Ted as his AG?

We both agreed that Ted's Conservative DNA and knowledge of the Constitution make for a perfect Supreme Court justice.

Then we weren't sure whether Cruz graciously declined...and just bought a lot of popcorn.

Yes I think Cruz bought a lot of popcorn, but I definitely don't think it was me saying Ted couldn't be trusted as his AG; quite the opposite.  IMHO Ted does what's right for country; he has no reason to want Trump to fail.  In fact, he's been very supportive of Trump at times and he's told his colleagues to start doing their darn jobs!  It's a shame that Trump didn't extend the olive branch to Ted as I think the two of them would have been an unstoppable team; two of the most despised men in D.C. draining that swamp (chuckle).  Let me be perfectly clear, I believe Trump has done some really good things and I find some other things he's done very questionable and troubling, but I have no doubt that the GOPe and the DEMS are doing everything they can to derail his presidency.

Yes, Cruz would make and excellent justice without a doubt, but I also believe he is better serving this country right now in the Senate. I also believe he would make an excellent POTUS, but at the rate the the GOP seems to be self imploding, I don't see that happening.  I see the mid terms as a nightmare and this country  being taken so far to the left that there will be no chance of another GOP in the oval office.