Author Topic: China’s president promises to cut auto import tariff  (Read 939 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

China’s president promises to cut auto import tariff
« on: April 10, 2018, 03:35:36 am »
China’s president promises to cut auto import tariff
Associated Press, Apr 9, 2018

<snip>

Xi said Beijing will “significantly lower” tariffs on auto imports this year and ease restrictions on foreign ownership in the auto industry “as soon as possible.”

Trump has threatened to raise tariffs on Chinese goods worth $50 billion in response to complaints Beijing pressures foreign companies to hand over technology in violation of its market-opening pledges. Beijing responded with its own $50 billion list of U.S. goods for possible retaliation.

The Chinese leader didn’t refer directly to that dispute but promised to encourage “normal technological exchange” and to “protect the lawful ownership rights of foreign enterprises.”

More:  https://www.apnews.com/45e28f10baa2460fb17a0b101c366067?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:40:46 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: China’s president promises to cut auto import tariff
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 03:39:01 am »
Very interesting ...   :smokin:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:20:58 am »
Have they or are going to stop stealing trade secrets and technology from the U.S. and counterfeiting products made by U.S. companies that amount to a loss of $600 billion a year yet?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:46:37 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 12:16:43 pm »
My my my. Look at that. I guess this Commie Chinamen just came up with this on his own out of a sense of fairness and it had nothing to do with the tariff.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 09:18:46 pm »
My my my. Look at that. I guess this Commie Chinamen just came up with this on his own out of a sense of fairness and it had nothing to do with the tariff.

But, . . . But, . . . Tariffs BAD, . . . . only hurt ME, the Almighty american (intentional small 'a') CONSUMER!!!!

:dynamite:

Heh heh heh.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 09:34:32 pm »

The Chinese leader didn’t refer directly to that dispute but promised to encourage “normal technological exchange” and to “protect the lawful ownership rights of foreign enterprises.”

Of course, the Chinese leader previously agreed to protect IP.  President Obama and Xi Jinping agreed to limit theft of IP way back in 2015.  How'd that work out for the US?  How do we actually enforce some IP agreement with China?  From CNBC in 2015:

"The U.S. and China have agreed that neither government would support or conduct cyber-enabled theft of intellectual property, U.S. President Barack Obama said in a joint media conference with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Friday.

The Obama administration said that both countries are committed to finding appropriate norms of state behavior in cyberspace within the international community. The countries also agreed to create a senior experts group for further cyber affairs discussion, the White House said."

The key IMO is actual enforcement of US IP rights legally.  I saw nothing relative to that in the link in the OP.  Talk is cheap.  I suspect this "great trade deal" will be exactly like the one Trump made with South Korea where they raised US auto import from 25K to 50K when only 11K autos were actually exported from the US.  Great PR but no material impact on the US economy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/25/us-china-agree-to-not-conduct-cybertheft-of-intellectual-property-white-house.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.