Author Topic: Mueller probe tracking down Trump business partners, with Cohen a focus of queries  (Read 610 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mueller probe tracking down Trump business partners, with Cohen a focus of queries
McClatchy/DC, Apr 6, 2018, updated Apr 9, 2018, Kevin G. Hall, Ben Wieder And Greg Gordon

WASHINGTON  — Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigators this week questioned an associate of the Trump Organization who was involved in overseas deals with President Donald Trump’s company in recent years.

Armed with subpoenas compelling electronic records and sworn testimony, Mueller’s team showed up unannounced at the home of the business associate, who was a party to multiple transactions connected to Trump’s effort to expand his brand abroad, according to persons familiar with the proceedings.

Investigators were particularly interested in interactions involving Michael D. Cohen, Trump’s longtime personal attorney and a former Trump Organization employee. Among other things, Cohen was involved in business deals secured or sought by the Trump Organization in Georgia, Kazakhstan and Russia.

The move to question business associates of the president adds a significant new element to the Mueller investigation, which began by probing whether the Trump campaign and Russia colluded in an effort to get Trump elected but has branched far beyond that.

It’s unclear how many properties or deals the Mueller team might be looking at; the Trump Organization’s foreign business relationships span the globe from properties in Panama, Brazil and Uruguay to Azerbaijan and Georgia. Trump’s children — Ivanka, Don Jr. and Eric — were parties to talks involving many of the dealings. Generally, the discussions revolved around licensing fees for use of the Trump name.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article208090764.html#storylink=cpy

Offline DB

Trump bragged about buying politicians in New York city and his supporters said that was simply how business is conducted there... Therefore no problem...

If he managed his international business affairs in a similar fashion, which there is no reason to believe he didn't, Mueller is going to have a gold mine of crap to dig through.

If only the Clintons had gotten the same treatment...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Of course he is, with the implied pretense that he can use that to flip these guys into dishing dirt on Russian collusion during the election.

Except that's probably a smokescreen excuse to nail Trump on anything, which is way outside the investigations' mandate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump bragged about buying politicians in New York city and his supporters said that was simply how business is conducted there... Therefore no problem...

If he managed his international business affairs in a similar fashion, which there is no reason to believe he didn't, Mueller is going to have a gold mine of crap to dig through.

If only the Clintons had gotten the same treatment...

That is my whole issue.

I could support Alphabet claims of 'justice' over allegations of bank fraud - except Hillary and Bill Clinton are not in orange jumpsuits in Leavenworth over their Foundation's criminality or even Hildabeast's overt treason with her e-mail server and Benghazi schemes that cost the lives of an Ambassador and 4 other Americans.

But since the FBI, CIA, ATF, IRS an the rest of the Alphabets are now just proven Praetorians to the Oligarchy/Deep State - this is just confirmation that a velvet coup actually happened under our noses.  They are showing everyone that they can and will destroy anyone whom they did not approve and groom.

And I say this as an adamant non-Trump supporter: you get Hildabeast in prison for what she did, and then we can talk about possibly investigating Trump for questionable practices by his associates.

Huma Abadein (sp?) anyone?  How about Weiner?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DB

That is my whole issue.

I could support Alphabet claims of 'justice' over allegations of bank fraud - except Hillary and Bill Clinton are not in orange jumpsuits in Leavenworth over their Foundation's criminality or even Hildabeast's overt treason with her e-mail server and Benghazi schemes that cost the lives of an Ambassador and 4 other Americans.

But since the FBI, CIA, ATF, IRS an the rest of the Alphabets are now just proven Praetorians to the Oligarchy/Deep State - this is just confirmation that a velvet coup actually happened under our noses.  They are showing everyone that they can and will destroy anyone whom they did not approve and groom.

And I say this as an adamant non-Trump supporter: you get Hildabeast in prison for what she did, and then we can talk about possibly investigating Trump for questionable practices by his associates.

Huma Abadein (sp?) anyone?  How about Weiner?

I think the nuclear option may still be available to Trump. Setup an independent DOJ task force to truly uncover the Clinton foundation and everything connected to it - including the Russian connections. Give them cart-blanche legal authority to do it ASAP.

That would leave a major crater in DC and beyond. Whatever Trump may have done would pale in comparison. It would probably be lost in the dust of the first blast wave...

Offline Frank Cannon

Ideological political differences are now open for investigation and arrest. Hitlery and Slick did 10 times what is being accused of Donny, yet we have smash and grab FBI tactics going after Donny and Hitlary is still on her gin soaked book tour.

Just like the head of Twitter selling the idea of squashing the ideological Right's dialog until it doesn't exist anymore, this is the DOJ doing it's part for the cause.