Author Topic: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office  (Read 13469 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2018, 07:32:45 am »
Character matters.

That said, the hypocrisy of the FBI and other alphabet agencies in their past selective enforcement of rules is a valid point, yes crooked as heck Hillary got a free ride, yes commie Obama got a free ride. But to blame this on anything other that a horndog Trump..... and those that elected him (especially in the preliminaries). You had to know this kind of stuff would probable pop up. Lord knows there was plenty of folks here that said it would. Even democrats knew it would catch up to him and they are rock-hard dehydrated stupid.

YEP.
Utterly indefensible.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2018, 08:10:00 am »
About 100 posts into the thread and finally someone had the wavos to say the root of the problem.

Character matters...

It does, but it is irrelevant now AFAIC.   Society and government and even those who self identify as 'Conservatives' made that so when character did not matter last election and it was insisted that 'the perfect is the enemy of the good'.  We got a man of ill repute and bad character for president that was easy pickings for a guy like Mueller sent to fish and find something to stick to him.

However, had this been a Democrat President that had their attorney paid hush money to silence a nefarious sex scandal and engaged in fraud and deceit to do so, the FBI, the InJustice Department and the rest of the Alphabets and the critters in Congress wouldn't raise an eyebrow outside of a few soundbites to placate the morally outraged.

Regardless of the root of the problem, we cannot trust the FBI or the Justice department in this matter since it has been shown they are corrupted into a political weapon for the Democrat Party and the Left.

Had Cruz or any other Conservative won, as has been stipulated here - the Oligarchy would be using the FBI to do an anal exam to find evidence of whatever charges they want levied at him.

It's not a matter of blame, it's a matter of trust - and I do not have a shred of it when it comes to the Alphabets or anyone in D.C.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2018, 10:06:17 am »
All the speculation sans concrete facts reveals more about the posters than it does the principals involved in this latest Mueller directed drama du jour. .

But, do carry on, please. It’s fascinating watching fantasy writers in training.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2018, 10:18:16 am »
I know you didn't ask me, but I'll answer if I may. If I were the POTUS I go for the nuclear option.

I would instruct the AG to immediately form an independent task force with full subpoena power and cart-blanche legal authority to fully investigate the Clinton foundation and everything connected to it including the Russians, Email, etc. The cockroaches would be scattering everywhere... The blast wave would leave a huge crater in DC. Whatever Trump has done would pale in comparison in terms of criminality.

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2018, 10:23:35 am »

A President Cruz would be investigated by the FBI at this point, no doubt @Frank Cannon, my only contention is that the picking wouldn't be so easy, for obvious reasons, Cruz didn't put himself in the NY/LA Limelight purposely for the last 50 years and it must be apparent, even to you, Cruz isn't particularly fond of big boobed p0rn stars. 
    Trump and/or his stupid Lawyers/Advisors created this stink. 

I just love how you think if the deep state succeeds in removing the President that after the neutered Pence limps to the finish line there will ever be a Republican president again. never mind Ted Cruz.

Rafael won't make it to the convention as the keynote speaker.  They'll start with his citizenship, move onto his affairs, turn his and his wife's ties to Goldman Sachs into criminal money laundering, wonder aloud if Heidi is mentally fit and whether or not Ted nearly drove her to suicide, continuously reinforce Cruz believes he is chosen by God to lead the nation to a Christian theocracy, ridicule him without mercy and until it sticks, and just for the fun of it they'll bankrupt him with legal fees.

Cruz supporters will take to the airways and cameras proclaiming "not one more", we will not let this happen to one more. We *must* stand up ... if not now, *when*?

And no one will care.  Least of all those who remember the glee, the celebration from the Cruz supporters of the President's demise.  Schadenfreude is an equal opportunity bitch. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2018, 10:41:19 am »
I just love how you think if the deep state succeeds in removing the President that after the neutered Pence limps to the finish line there will ever be a Republican president again. never mind Ted Cruz.

Rafael won't make it to the convention as the keynote speaker.  They'll start with his citizenship, move onto his affairs, turn his and his wife's ties to Goldman Sachs into criminal money laundering, wonder aloud if Heidi is mentally fit and whether or not Ted nearly drove her to suicide, continuously reinforce Cruz believes he is chosen by God to lead the nation to a Christian theocracy, ridicule him without mercy and until it sticks, and just for the fun of it they'll bankrupt him with legal fees.

Cruz supporters will take to the airways and cameras proclaiming "not one more", we will not let this happen to one more. We *must* stand up ... if not now, *when*?

And no one will care.  Least of all those who remember the glee, the celebration from the Cruz supporters of the President's demise.  Schadenfreude is an equal opportunity bitch.

888high58888

While I was 'cheering' while reading your post, I was getting the impression that this could be the catalyst to bring more NT's around to 'REALITY".

Ever since 'Hanging Chads'...the Democrats refuse to accept the results of any national election.  As you said, they would crucify Ted Cruz.

Why?   Because he's not a fighter like 'The Donald'.

Go ahead...call it "Populism".   Doesn't matter.   I call it a reawakening to take our Republic back.

@INVAR realizes this is much bigger than Donald Trump...  @DB too.

Right now, I wish that Ted Cruz was the Attorney General.   :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Concerned

« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2018, 11:07:20 am »
It's going to get increasingly difficult for people to support this idea of a Deep State plot to get Trump when the US Attorney that authorized this raid on Cohen was hand picked by the president after interviews.  At the time, it raised questions of impartiality.  From last October.......

President Donald Trump has personally interviewed at least two potential candidates for U.S. attorney positions in New York, according to two sources familiar with the matter — a move that critics say raises questions about whether they can be sufficiently independent from the president.

Trump has interviewed Geoffrey Berman, who is currently at the law firm Greenberg Traurig for the job of U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, and Ed McNally of the firm Kasowitz Benson Torres for the Eastern District post, according to the sources.

The White House did not deny that Trump had personally conducted the interviews with those two candidates. A White House official noted: “These are individuals that the president nominates and the Senate confirms under Article II of the Constitution.”

“We realize Senate Democrats would like to reduce this President’s constitutional powers,” the White House official said. “But he and other presidents before him and after may talk to individuals nominated to positions within the executive branch.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/19/trump-us-attorney-interviews-243962

Yes, awfully tough for the President to distance himself from Berman given that he interviewed him.  Not only was the guy who authorized the raid interviewed and appointed by the President but the raid itself was conducted by FBI agents who report up to Trump’s appointee, Christopher Wray.  I also doubt that Berman would authorize this raid without consulting with DOJ headquarters so there’s another one or two more (Rosenstein, Sessions) Trump appointees who potentially touched this.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2018, 12:41:13 pm »
Yes, awfully tough for the President to distance himself from Berman given that he interviewed him.  Not only was the guy who authorized the raid interviewed and appointed by the President but the raid itself was conducted by FBI agents who report up to Trump’s appointee, Christopher Wray.  I also doubt that Berman would authorize this raid without consulting with DOJ headquarters so there’s another one or two more (Rosenstein, Sessions) Trump appointees who potentially touched this.

The part of this that bothers me is that it now appears that Mueller and his Number 2 are working hand in glove with the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.  The fact that is happening means Mueller is going way far afield of what HIS powers are supposed to be.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2018, 01:13:45 pm »
The part of this that bothers me is that it now appears that Mueller and his Number 2 are working hand in glove with the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.  The fact that is happening means Mueller is going way far afield of what HIS powers are supposed to be.

Mueller is trying to goad Trump into firing him...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2018, 01:16:55 pm »
Mueller is trying to goad Trump into firing him...

Trump should do it.  And not by Tweet.

And he should do it in front of a gaggle of media in the East Room then say "I made this decision in the interest of the people of the United States because as long as the left and Mr. Mueller continue to drag out an unnecessary time and money consuming investigation that has proven that it was my Democrat opponent not myself that was in collusion with the Russians...it distracts from my ability to conduct the business of the United States."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2018, 01:19:26 pm »
Trump should do it.  And not by Tweet.

And he should do it in front of a gaggle of media in the East Room then say "I made this decision in the interest of the people of the United States because as long as the left and Mr. Mueller continue to drag out an unnecessary time and money consuming investigation that has proven that it was my Democrat opponent not myself that was in collusion with the Russians...it distracts from my ability to conduct the business of the United States."

Don't fire him, just cut off his funds.  See how far he gets when the checks start bouncing, and cards start being refused.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2018, 01:25:01 pm »
Don't fire him, just cut off his funds.  See how far he gets when the checks start bouncing, and cards start being refused.

That would work too.  The only down side to that I can see is that bleeding him dry instead of cutting him off immediately just gives him more camera time to cry about what was happening.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2018, 01:59:02 pm »

Interesting that you see this as Mueller going "far afield of what his powers are supposed to be".  I find it just the opposite.  Folks have been complaining for months about how Mueller is supposedly investigating things not in his purview (of course, his purview is determined by a Trump appointee Rosenstein).  Regardless, in this case, I haven't seen any evidence that Mueller is working "hand in glove with the US Attorney for the Southern District".  What I have seen is that Mueller apparently found something outside his purview.  He referred that to the US Attorney for the South District, who then decided whether he believed there was sufficient evidence to pursue a warrant.  At that point, Mueller was out of it.  From other US Attorneys I've seen on TV, they've indicated that they got referrals all the time.  Once they did, it was entirely up to them whether to criminally pursue through a further investigation or a warrant.  Once referred, the referring organization is out of it apparently.

@txradioguy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2018, 02:08:08 pm »
Interesting that you see this as Mueller going "far afield of what his powers are supposed to be".  I find it just the opposite.  Folks have been complaining for months about how Mueller is supposedly investigating things not in his purview (of course, his purview is determined by a Trump appointee Rosenstein).  Regardless, in this case, I haven't seen any evidence that Mueller is working "hand in glove with the US Attorney for the Southern District".  What I have seen is that Mueller apparently found something outside his purview.  He referred that to the US Attorney for the South District, who then decided whether he believed there was sufficient evidence to pursue a warrant.  At that point, Mueller was out of it.  From other US Attorneys I've seen on TV, they've indicated that they got referrals all the time.  Once they did, it was entirely up to them whether to criminally pursue through a further investigation or a warrant.  Once referred, the referring organization is out of it apparently.

@txradioguy

@Concerned

I just see it as having nothing to do with the investigation into Russian collusion...which is what Mueller is charged with "investigating".  He's casting a much wider net in his fishing expedition IMHO than he was tasked to do and it's specifically to try and squeeze anyone who's ever done business with Trump to roll on him to give the Dems what they want.

To me he's beginning to suffer from mission creep the same way Ken Starr did.

IIRC he was originally tasked with investigating White Water and ended up stumbling into the Lewinsky scandal.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:11:06 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2018, 02:14:08 pm »
Please recall 500 FBI files 'found' in the White House living quarters.

That one little 'story' instilled fear in any thinking person.   Add a 'suicide' here or a murder there...and pretty soon, one could get a 'targeted' person to do just about anything.

...even a freaking secrest FISA judge.
IIRC, it was over 900, last count, and piped to the DNC on a LAN. They should have all been prosecuted then, and it is no wonder that the concept of ''classified' is so lost on them.

Frankly, I have believed for years that the reason the Pubbies in Congress haven't been able to get anything done is to be found in that and other data illegally accumulated. I would not be surprised to find that there was career ending information on some  of the more prominent defectors when it comes time for a vote on the Hill.

I just hope that the POTUS gets pissed off enough that he finds a way to rip the rock off the swarming critters of the Obama administration and start prosecuting them and any others who have been complicit in their egregious crimes up to and likely including treason.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Concerned

« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2018, 02:17:13 pm »
@Concerned

I just see it as having nothing to do with the investigation into Russian collusion...which is what Mueller is charged with "investigating".  He's casting a much wider net in his fishing expedition IMHO than he was tasked to do and it's specifically to try and squeeze anyone who's ever done business with Trump to roll on him to give the Dems what they want.

IIRC he was originally tasked with investigating White Water and ended up stumbling into the Lewinsky scandal.

@txradioguy

But we don't know how Mueller found evidence of a potential crime involving Michael Cohen.  I suspect it was simply in the natural course of the investigation he was tasked with by Rosenstein.  If there's evidence that he's "casting a much wider net" outside of that tasked and approved by Rosenstein, then that's definitely a problem.  I just have't seen evidence of that yet (although I know many like to paint Mueller as the boogeyman). 

Regardless, if, in the natural course of his investigation, Mueller were to discover, for example, evidence identifying a murderer, I’d certainly hope and expect him to refer that evidence to the appropriate US attorney/prosecutor to pursue.  If he found evidence of a crime by Michael Cohen (or anyone else), I’d hope and expect he’d refer that to the appropriate office also, and it appears that he did just that.  JMO.  We obviously see this differently which is A-OK with me.   :seeya:

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2018, 02:20:37 pm »
@Concerned

Inaccurate analogy, IMO.  Mueller isn't stumbling.  He is barging.... full-steam... towards aiding the radical left in the impeachment of Trump.  And quite intentionally and deliberately so....

This will enable Mueller to seek a grand jury subpoena, which would lead to free questioning of the president with no counsel present. Trump can be expected to delcine to honor such a subpoena, which would set off a constitutional criss, and help along the impeachment movement.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/04/the_raid_on_trumps_lawyer_why_and_why_now.html#ixzz5CHLth3J0
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2018, 02:21:58 pm »
@txradioguy

But we don't know how Mueller found evidence of a potential crime involving Michael Cohen.  I suspect it was simply in the natural course of the investigation he was tasked with by Rosenstein.  If there's evidence that he's "casting a much wider net" outside of that tasked and approved by Rosenstein, then that's definitely a problem.  I just have't seen evidence of that yet (although I know many like to paint Mueller as the boogeyman). 

Regardless, if, in the natural course of his investigation, Mueller were to discover, for example, evidence identifying a murderer, I’d certainly hope and expect him to refer that evidence to the appropriate US attorney/prosecutor to pursue.  If he found evidence of a crime by Michael Cohen (or anyone else), I’d hope and expect he’d refer that to the appropriate office also, and it appears that he did just that.  JMO.  We obviously see this differently which is A-OK with me.   :seeya:

The one thing we agree on we don't have enough evidence to know how he came to this and passed it on to the U.S. Attorney.

And the sad thing is we probably never will.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2018, 02:35:57 pm »
The goal isn't necessarily impeachment.   It's just to create "Trump fatigue" where people just get tired of constantly hearing about this on TV, so they want Trump gone just so they don't have to hear about this crap anymore.

And it just might work.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2018, 02:48:12 pm »
The goal isn't necessarily impeachment.   It's just to create "Trump fatigue" where people just get tired of constantly hearing about this on TV, so they want Trump gone just so they don't have to hear about this crap anymore.

And it just might work.
Kinda like Watergate.....It's all that was on the tube for weeks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2018, 03:05:45 pm »
I wonder if anyone recalls that it was Comey and Mueller together who botched the investigation of the 2001 anthrax letter attacks?

“...the FBI ignored a 2002 tip from a scientific colleague of the actual anthrax killer, who turned out to be a Fort Detrick scientist named Bruce Edwards Ivins; the reason is that they had quickly obsessed on an innocent man named Steven Hatfill...”

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/21/comey-mueller-bungled-big-anthrax-case-together/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2018, 03:06:42 pm »
I wonder if anyone recalls that it was Comey and Mueller together who botched the investigation of the 2001 anthrax letter attacks?

“...the FBI ignored a 2002 tip from a scientific colleague of the actual anthrax killer, who turned out to be a Fort Detrick scientist named Bruce Edwards Ivins; the reason is that they had quickly obsessed on an innocent man named Steven Hatfill...”

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/21/comey-mueller-bungled-big-anthrax-case-together/

I remember that quite well.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2018, 03:08:26 pm »
....By the way, eventually the government had to settle with Steven Hatfill to the tune of millions.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2018, 03:11:55 pm »

There was a story posted here a few weeks back that went over that story.  I had forgotten it until then.  Good to be reminded.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2018, 03:18:59 pm »

This is payback for White Water/Lewinsky, impeaching Clinton.

Makes one wonder how GW Bush escaped? Maybe all of the photos of the Clintons with the Bushes explains more than a friendly relationship between two political family dynasties.

As in status quo. As in never can seem to get  borders protected, or wars fully won, etc.

As in Trump is a dangerous outsider, and he threatens their comfortable, cordial status quo.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln