Author Topic: Trump’s DHS to compile data base to spy on journalists, bloggers  (Read 538 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Besides his broken promise to build a wall on our southern border at Mexico’s expense, there has perhaps been no issue more popular with Trump’s adoring fans than his repeated attacks on the First Amendment and the so-called “Fake News” media....

....While Trump typically relies on his FOX and Friends morning intel to tweet his attacks against unfavorable media, the NY liberal is taking additional steps through the Department of Homeland Security to identify media targets that he once referred to as “the enemy of the people.”....

https://www.redstate.com/diary/stridentconservative/2018/04/09/trump%e2%80%99s-dhs-compile-data-base-spy-journalists-bloggers/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
That is so "Enemies of the state" list like.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GrouchoTex

That is so "Enemies of the state" list like.

Unfortunately, this is becoming standard operating procedure for politicians now, and both parties are guilty of it.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Unfortunately, this is becoming standard operating procedure for politicians now, and both parties are guilty of it.

It has a nicer sounding ring when they call it an  "Opponents List" and/or "Political Enemies Project".
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."