Author Topic: LSD making comeback as professionals drop ACID before work  (Read 1050 times)

rangerrebew

LSD making comeback as professionals drop ACID before work

EATING tiny amounts of psychedelics like LSD can improve performance in the office and on the track, experts have shockingly claimed.

By Tom Fish / Published 8th April 2018

With their power to melt minds, psychedelics have a fearsome reputation.

But a growing consensus of professionals and athletes believe taking smaller and smarter doses of psychedelics can improve performance both in the office and on the track.

From heightening creativity and focus at work to improving PB’s and enhancing endurance, psychedelics' positive potential is gaining acceptance.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/690898/lsd-acid-microdosing-microdose-drugs-dark-web

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: LSD making comeback as professionals drop ACID before work
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 03:36:54 pm »
I understand one of the new 'hipster' things is home brewing ergot (which is one of the chemical components of LSD).  They make a very mild tea with this. And technically, as it is just a natural fungus that grows on rye and other grains, it skirts the law.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 03:37:48 pm »

But a growing consensus of professionals and athletes believe taking smaller and smarter doses of psychedelics can improve performance both in the office and on the track.

Back in tne early '70's I read that Dock Eliis of Pirates pitched a no-hitter during an Acid Trip.   Never done hallucinogens, but you got to admit that is pretty amazing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 03:39:46 pm »
just a natural fungus that grows on rye and other grains, it skirts the law.

Don't kids get busted for Magic Mushrooms?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 03:40:07 pm »
Marijuana Marijuana
LSD LSD
Scientists make it
Teachers take it
Why can't we?
Why can't we?

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 03:41:40 pm »
Don't kids get busted for Magic Mushrooms?

Hallucinogenic mushrooms are illegal to possess, but ergot isn't. It is classified as a poison, but isn't currently scheduled.

https://erowid.org/plants/ergot/ergot_law.shtml

I'm sure some bureaucrat in the DOJ will figure this out pretty soon, especially as hipsters are brewing teas from it, and add it to the list.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 03:47:12 pm »
I understand one of the new 'hipster' things is home brewing ergot (which is one of the chemical components of LSD).  They make a very mild tea with this. And technically, as it is just a natural fungus that grows on rye and other grains, it skirts the law.

Now, its coming back to me.  I have read that historians believe that some ergot tainted grains prompted some visions back in 1692 MA that triggered a lot of the witch hysteria.

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 03:48:06 pm »

Brilliant.

Ergotism is the effect of long-term ergot poisoning, traditionally due to the ingestion of the alkaloids produced by the Claviceps purpurea fungus that infects rye and other cereals, and more recently by the action of a number of ergoline-based drugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism

he symptoms can be roughly divided into convulsive symptoms and gangrenous symptoms.

Convulsive symptoms of ergotism

Convulsive symptoms include painful seizures and spasms, diarrhea, paresthesias, itching, mental effects including mania or psychosis, headaches, nausea and vomiting. Usually the gastrointestinal effects precede central nervous system effects.

Gangrenous

The dry gangrene is a result of vasoconstriction induced by the ergotamine-ergocristine alkaloids of the fungus. It affects the more poorly vascularized distal structures, such as the fingers and toes. Symptoms include desquamation or peeling, weak peripheral pulses, loss of peripheral sensation, edema and ultimately the death and loss of affected tissues.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 03:50:43 pm »

Can't believe they haven't rediscovered jimpson weed seed yet.

I am glad though the Milllennials recycle.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 03:52:14 pm »
Brilliant.

Ergotism is the effect of long-term ergot poisoning, traditionally due to the ingestion of the alkaloids produced by the Claviceps purpurea fungus that infects rye and other cereals, and more recently by the action of a number of ergoline-based drugs.

You do realize this is the same generation that eats Tide Pods?

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 03:52:29 pm »
Brilliant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism

he symptoms can be roughly divided into convulsive symptoms and gangrenous symptoms.

Convulsive symptoms of ergotism

Convulsive symptoms include painful seizures and spasms, diarrhea, paresthesias, itching, mental effects including mania or psychosis, headaches, nausea and vomiting. Usually the gastrointestinal effects precede central nervous system effects.

Gangrenous

The dry gangrene is a result of vasoconstriction induced by the ergotamine-ergocristine alkaloids of the fungus. It affects the more poorly vascularized distal structures, such as the fingers and toes. Symptoms include desquamation or peeling, weak peripheral pulses, loss of peripheral sensation, edema and ultimately the death and loss of affected tissues.

The old saying goes, the poison is in the dose. Plus, from what I've seen, there is some certain processing they do that strips out many of the poisonous compounds to leave mostly Lysergic Acid.

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 03:54:49 pm »
You do realize this is the same generation that eats Tide Pods?

We like to make fun of millennials for this, but it is actually Gen Z that really fits into this. (hipsters fit into Millennial and late Gen Y), Gen Z are high school and early college now .

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 03:55:19 pm »
Meh. Micro dosing has been going on for years.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 04:02:24 pm »
Well, I suppose when you get rid of old fashioned work ethic and remove creativity in kids, they feel the need to replace it with something to do their jobs.

One more sign that our culture is in the toilet.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 04:14:04 pm »
We like to make fun of millennials for this, but it is actually Gen Z that really fits into this. (hipsters fit into Millennial and late Gen Y), Gen Z are high school and early college now .

Before Tide Pods, there was Toad Licking.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 04:45:29 pm »
Now, its coming back to me.  I have read that historians believe that some ergot tainted grains prompted some visions back in 1692 MA that triggered a lot of the witch hysteria.
And may have had a hand in the French Revolution (and The Terror). "Let them eat cake!", rather than a heartless admonition, the rye in France was contaminated with ergot. Bread was chiefly made from rye, but cake, requiring a finer four, was made from wheat, and the wheat was not contaminated. Just imagine thousands of p-o'ed peasants storming the walls on an acid trip....)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 04:47:42 pm »
If you are making tea, Ayahuasca would be much safer than ergot.

Ayahuasca is non-addictive, is not known to cause brain damage, and has extremely low toxicity relative to dose. Similar to other psychedelic drugs, there are relatively few physical side effects associated with ayahuasca. Various studies have shown that it presents no negative cognitive, psychiatric or toxic physical consequences of any sort when taken in reasonable doses and a careful context

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 04:54:04 pm »
Well, I suppose when you get rid of old fashioned work ethic and remove creativity in kids, they feel the need to replace it with something to do their jobs.

One more sign that our culture is in the toilet.

I disagree that this is about work ethic. Every generation, even the ones we look back and revere with their great work ethic, had these type of coping mechanisms for high demand jobs. Before this, people were snorting coke at work. Before that, pot. Before that, drinking on the job. I believe this is part of human nature that we don't always like to look at. We aren't evolved to sit in dark offices and cubes 8-12 hours per day staring at screens and spreadsheets. I wouldn't touch pot, LSD, or any of that (even if I am for legalization) but I make up for it in massive amounts of caffeine and lots of B (especially when I'm pulling in 7 days a week, 11 hour+ days in front of a computer).  These are all types of performance enhancers to do more, not to slack off.

In some places, like Japan, where culturally this kind of stuff is frowned upon, they are having high suicide and death rates due to long work hours (karoshi). I couldn't even imagine how I would be mentally if I had to put in the hours I do now, but add to that long commutes. I'm lucky, I get to work at home and am allowed whatever distractions I give myself (as long as the projects get done on time and in budget).

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 05:13:33 pm »
I disagree that this is about work ethic. Every generation, even the ones we look back and revere with their great work ethic, had these type of coping mechanisms for high demand jobs. Before this, people were snorting coke at work. Before that, pot. Before that, drinking on the job. I believe this is part of human nature that we don't always like to look at. We aren't evolved to sit in dark offices and cubes 8-12 hours per day staring at screens and spreadsheets. I wouldn't touch pot, LSD, or any of that (even if I am for legalization) but I make up for it in massive amounts of caffeine and lots of B (especially when I'm pulling in 7 days a week, 11 hour+ days in front of a computer).  These are all types of performance enhancers to do more, not to slack off.

In some places, like Japan, where culturally this kind of stuff is frowned upon, they are having high suicide and death rates due to long work hours (karoshi). I couldn't even imagine how I would be mentally if I had to put in the hours I do now, but add to that long commutes. I'm lucky, I get to work at home and am allowed whatever distractions I give myself (as long as the projects get done on time and in budget).
When tobacco got chased out of the workplace, something was going to fill the void. Coffee is pretty common yet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 05:21:14 pm »
To get back to the warning that I’ve received, you might take it with however many grains of salt you wish, that the brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too good. It's suggested that you do stay away from that. Of course it’s your own trip, so be my guest. But please be advised that there’s a warning on that one, okay?

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 05:24:01 pm »
DON'T TAKE THE BROWN ACID!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 07:08:29 pm »

You make some good points here, but I still believe that the younger generations' overall lack of work ethic contributes to this kind of problem.

Obviously there are many who still know how to work hard and do so, but as we raised four kids (now all in their thirties), we saw how exceptional they were in their ability to work, relative to their peers.   If you don't have the self-discipline to do what's difficult to do, then needing chemical help along the way is likely.   (It would be interesting to get some statistics on percentages of each generation who used substance abuse as a way to cope.  My guess that with today's infantilized generation, it's greater than it was even with the sixties druggie crowd).

I of course differ with you that we have not evolved to sit in cubicles.  My take on that is that God did not create us to sit in cubicles.  ^-^

@AbaraXas
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:09:16 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 10:18:44 pm »
Hmmmm,they are either dropping a different LSD than I was dropping in the 70's,or the word "work" means a different thing today than it used to mean.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 10:22:48 pm »

@Frank Cannon

Yeah,but I never understood it's purpose. If you don't want to get high,don't take drugs. If you DO want to get high,work your way up to what is a max dose for you,and stick to it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 10:27:13 pm »
LSD was technically still "legal" when it came into the public eye. Researchers including the CIA were searching for uses.

One of my friends, had an uncle (George H. White) in the center of that effort.  In San Francisco, btw. MK Ultra and related subjects.

https://www.alternet.org/drugs/cloak-dropper-twisted-history-cia-lsd
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:55:16 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln