Author Topic: Diamond and Silk FURIOUS After Facebook Reveals Why Their Content Has Been Censored  (Read 604 times)

rangerrebew

Diamond and Silk FURIOUS After Facebook Reveals Why Their Content Has Been Censored
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila April 7, 2018 649 Comments

Diamond and Silk unloaded on Facebook Friday night after the social media giant finally responded to their many inquiries as to why Facebook is censoring their content and brand.

The dynamic duo boast over 1.2 million Facebook followers on their main Diamond and Silk page.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/04/diamond-and-silk-furious-after-facebook-reveals-why-their-content-has-been-censored/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I doubt they are furious unless they really are naïve. They shouldn't be surprised. They don't have any right to views as anyone else. FB can decide, like it or not, what content to promote and push to the top.

We are the product they are selling, by our own choice. If they don't want to sell us as a product, they will push us to the bottom and push up the product they choose.

If they don't like it, they can move on. That is the only way to make an impact. But instead, they just complain.

Even Elon Musk and Steve Wozniak have closed their Facebook accounts because they don't like what's happening. That's the best option- simply choose not to be their customer. Whining about it isn't becoming.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@AbaraXas, seems like a great time to form a startup and compete with FB.  You could attract those who have become disenchanted with FB, for any number of reasons.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
@AbaraXas, seems like a great time to form a startup and compete with FB.  You could attract those who have become disenchanted with FB, for any number of reasons.

There are several options out there, people simply choose not to utilize them. The Tea Party Network is almost a mirror of Facebook (to the point I'm surprised they aren't sued) but people choose not to use them. Ello is non-political but has a very low take rate. Some are promoting MeWe but that is faltering fast (I also don't buy their 'privacy bill of rights', it gives a false sense of security). Some have even suggested going back to Myspace (LOL).

There are many options, people are just sticking with what's comfortable then whining about it. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There are several options out there, people simply choose not to utilize them. The Tea Party Network is almost a mirror of Facebook (to the point I'm surprised they aren't sued) but people choose not to use them. Ello is non-political but has a very low take rate. Some are promoting MeWe but that is faltering fast (I also don't buy their 'privacy bill of rights', it gives a false sense of security). Some have even suggested going back to Myspace (LOL).

There are many options, people are just sticking with what's comfortable then whining about it.

I understand that it is difficult to compete, but I suspect a large number of current FB users would switch if there were a good alternative.  And, for me, I wouldn't do the Tea Party thing, because I don't want politics on my FB, and a number of people who I communicate with (rarely) on FB wouldn't go anywhere near a conservative political site.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
There was a time when commercial interests were the ultimate neutral territory. That is, I don't give a damn who you are, if I can make money you are welcome here.

The political polarization and fanaticism on the Left in America has become so out of control, now companies and people are willing to fall on their swords for their political views. They will literally deliberately lose money, and sometimes their entire livelihood, for their "cause", whatever that may be.

We know that the Democrats were the original segregationists and KKK, and they still are today. The only difference is that today they do not care about ethnicity or skin color, but rather their new target is political affiliation. If you are what they call 'right wing' then you deserve to die. In their minds, you are outside of the umbrella of normal laws or normal behavior. You deserve anything that can be done to punish you for your views, even if it hurts them as much as it does you.

The American Left today is willing to cut their own finger off, as long as they can cut off your whole hand.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

There is another possibility, which is that people do not know about the alternatives available. For instance, other than MySpace I had never heard of any of the alternative sites that you mentioned in your post.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Applewood

D&S' content is "unsafe" for other FB users. 

I was threatened on FB, but FB didn't consider a threat to kill me as "unsafe.".

This is why I don't subscribe to FB or Twitter.  If I have anything to share with family and friends, there is email. 

Or the telephone. 

Or lunch with said family and friends. 

Call me old fashioned, but sometimes the old ways are best.