Author Topic: Florida GOP Gov. Rick Scott running for Senate, report says  (Read 1678 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Florida GOP Gov. Rick Scott running for Senate, report says
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:42:03 pm »
Florida Republican Gov. Rick Scott will announce plans Monday to run for the Senate against Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson, setting up what could be one of the most expensive and highly-watched races in the country.

The Associated Press reported Monday that Scott will formally make the announcement during a morning event in Orlando where he will call Washington "horribly dysfunctional," rail against "career politicians" and call for term limits for members of Congress.

Scott was first elected governor in 2010 but he cannot run again because of term limits.

Nelson is the only statewide elected Democrat and was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 2000.

President Trump has urged Scott to seek the seat, including during public events in Florida. During a tour of storm damage during Hurricane Irma in

September, the president told reporters: “I hope this man right here, Rick Scott, runs for the Senate.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/09/florida-gop-gov-rick-scott-running-for-senate-report-says.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Florida GOP Gov. Rick Scott running for Senate, report says
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 12:53:50 pm »
Clarence "Lumpy" Nelson will have the full support of the Soro's wing of the Democrat party, and millions of their dollars.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:04:40 pm »
Scott would be just another loser RINO in the Senate club.

A guy who signs off on gun laws and refuses to allow drilling in his backyard is definitely not someone we need at higher places deciding who should be a judge for life.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 03:21:54 pm »
Scott is a good guy.  My bro-in-law knows him and will vouch for him.  Much better than Rubio.  And anyone is better than Code Pink Nelson.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 03:26:08 pm »
He'll do.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 05:57:07 pm »
Scott is a good guy.  My bro-in-law knows him and will vouch for him.  Much better than Rubio.  And anyone is better than Code Pink Nelson.
He might be a good guy but he needs to act conservative.

We already had one of those good guys in DC named GW Bush.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 05:59:06 pm »
Does this mean Rubio is running for Gov?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 06:05:24 pm »

Not exactly my opinion of Scott after he pushed through this recent gun control legislation.

We didn't hear a word from him since the Hurricane last year.    He decides to run for Senate and all of a sudden he's everywhere.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 06:13:17 pm »
I would have voted for him, but not after the recent gun bill he signed.  I hope he and Miss Piggy have a long, unhappy life together.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 06:16:54 pm »
I would have voted for him, but not after the recent gun bill he signed.  I hope he and Miss Piggy have a long, unhappy life together.

He does look like a bedwetter. 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 07:49:55 pm »

From what I read, the bill raised age limits from 18-21 for purchasing (some?) guns and authorized teachers and administrators to be armed.  If that's right, it's not a bad compromise in my book.  Though I'm sure there's some nasty details in there somewhere.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 07:52:07 pm »
From what I read, the bill raised age limits from 18-21 for purchasing (some?) guns and authorized teachers and administrators to be armed.  If that's right, it's not a bad compromise in my book.  Though I'm sure there's some nasty details in there somewhere.

It also made it legal for the police to confiscate firearms without a court order.   Considering the govt missed dozens of opportunities to stop the Cruz guy how is this a good move?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 07:56:03 pm »

3 day waiting period on all purchases now also.  I'm tired of my rights being compromised away by people who will never have to follow the same rules.

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 08:00:17 pm »

It also made it legal for the police to confiscate firearms without a court order.   Considering the govt missed dozens of opportunities to stop the Cruz guy how is this a good move?

Okay, that part sucks.  If it's anything like other measures I've heard attempted elsewhere, where it can be based on recommendations from "family" members, I can see it becoming SOP in the beginning of divorces.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 08:02:36 pm »
3 day waiting period on all purchases now also.  I'm tired of my rights being compromised away by people who will never have to follow the same rules.

I agree with you there.  But as compromises go, I thought it was pretty decent (mostly because I think allowing qualified adults to carry is just about the absolute best solution to stop/minimize school shootings).

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »

Listen. Q-Tip Head Scott's bodyguards will have to follow the same 3 day waiting period.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 08:30:10 pm »
Listen. Q-Tip Head Scott's bodyguards will have to follow the same 3 day waiting period.

No, they probably won't.  People with concealed carry permits do not have to wait the 3 days.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 08:31:43 pm »

So... it would appear though that our choices are going to be either voting for Nelson or Scott.  I don't like the gun bill that he signed either.  So either I hold my nose and vote for Scott or I stay home and don't vote.  Hell of a choice these days.   9999hair out0000

Offline WingNot

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 08:33:06 pm »
No, they probably won't.  People with concealed carry permits do not have to wait the 3 days.

I wondered why the CC classes were selling out.  I thought it was a side benefit of Little Boss Hoggs new title as Best Gun Salesman since Barry Obama and Erik Holder.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 08:33:35 pm »
So... it would appear though that our choices are going to be either voting for Nelson or Scott.  I don't like the gun bill that he signed either.  So either I hold my nose and vote for Scott or I stay home and don't vote.  Hell of a choice these days.   9999hair out0000

I'm getting used to it.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline WingNot

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 08:35:47 pm »
I'm getting used to it.   *****rollingeyes*****

There is always the memory of Jeb to keep you warm at night.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 09:25:26 pm »
There is always the memory of Jeb to keep you warm at night.

Like I said, getting used to it.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 09:26:34 pm »
I wondered why the CC classes were selling out.  I thought it was a side benefit of Little Boss Hoggs new title as Best Gun Salesman since Barry Obama and Erik Holder.

You know, since we have "Moter Voter" pushing people to register to vote when they get a DL, maybe we should have "Semi Auto" encouraging people to sign up for CCW when they renew their car/truck registration.

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 01:12:09 pm »
Get out there and support a conservative for the primary and get rid of Scott.

That is the choice right now.  Don't just sit around and settle for the lessor of two bads.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 01:20:29 am »
Does this mean Rubio is running for Gov?

Watch your mouth young man, how dare you even suggest such garbage governing FL!