Author Topic: McCaul: Drug Cartel Is Not Going To Like To See U.S. Military On The Border  (Read 493 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
McCaul: Drug Cartel Is Not Going To Like To See U.S. Military On The Border
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date April 8, 2018

Rep Michael McCaul, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, told FNC's Maria Bartiromo on 'Sunday Morning Futures' that: "When the drug cartel sees our military down there, it's going to stop them before they can get in."

See Video: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/04/08/mccaul_drug_cartel_is_not_going_to_like_to_see_us_military_on_the_border.html

Offline TomSea

So, we told Mexico, the National Guard will not have weapons, at least, armed. Okay, I understand that... but what if they come across the cartels? I'm sure, this has been discussed in the operation. We certainly, would not want them to be vulnerable to the cartels.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
TomSea asks:
"So, we told Mexico, the National Guard will not have weapons, at least, armed. Okay, I understand that... but what if they come across the cartels?"

One or two "encounters", and I predict the "no weapons" policy is going to be discarded very quickly...

Offline TomSea

Troops sent by Trump to border will fly drones, gather intel - and clear brush, too
Nick Miroff and Paul Sonne, The Washington Post
Published 9:44 pm, Monday, April 9, 2018

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon offered new details Monday about the types of activities National Guard troops would perform while deployed by President Donald Trump to the U.S.-Mexico border, but critical questions remain about how long the operation will last and how much it will cost.

National Guard troops will provide air support through drones and light-, medium- and heavy-lift helicopters, Lt. Col. Jamie Davis, a Defense Department spokesman, said in a statement to The Washington Post. They will also help maintain roads and other infrastructure, clear vegetation and assist with facility maintenance, in addition to operating surveillance systems, including cameras and blimps, Davis said.

They will not be arresting migrants or carrying out armed patrols along the border.

Read more at: https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Troops-sent-by-Trump-to-border-will-fly-drones-12819727.php

We will see how this all develops. Of course, this article could have its own thread.