Author Topic: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria  (Read 11273 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2018, 08:03:22 pm »
Trump defeated ISIS, Europe abandoned the Kurds

There is a need for a monument (in addition to a state) for the Kurds. We need to name them on the streets, our poets (nowadays there are very few) have to pen verses in their honor and our politicians must visit them by offering them solidarity and contracts. The Kurds (with the help of the US) have just liberated Raqqa, the city where ISIS was hanging and crucifying and stoning and planning massacres of Europeans.

The Kurds opened their cities (like Erbil) to Christians displaced by Islamic fundamentalists. Only among the Kurds do you find Western volunteers who have gone to fight, not for the Caliph, but against him. The only place in the Middle East where today, apart from Israel, a Jew can show a kippah without being attacked is Kurdistan.

Continued at: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/21146

We will be in Iraq, no matter what. Do we really need a full-fledged presence in Syria? It's this kind of stuff and basically talk of nation building as General Votel seemed to allude to that got us in this mess... and believe me, we are talking about this kind of neo-connish adventure, we need to ask ourselves if it is worth it. We are in Afghanistan, we are in Iraq. Trump said, if the Saudis want us to remain there, maybe we should pay for it. Oh, and at the same time, we might tear up that deal with Iran and are having problems with our Nato allies Turkey.  You see what a massive problem this area is.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2018, 08:03:46 pm »
A blunt insight into the president’s thinking that presents a bit of a dilemma to NeverTrumpers. They certainly don’t like Obama, but appear to hate Donald Trump worse. Hmm what’s a never to do?

This "Never Trumper" really doesn't give a flying fig whose fault it is.  All she cares about is what, if anything, Trump is going to do. 

We have all heard the condemnations and threats of retaliation before from this president and past presidents whenever some atrocity occurs.  But most of the time, after the initial outrage, there is nothing. 

Let's see if the macho man's actions match his puffery.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:10:49 pm by Applewood »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2018, 08:05:22 pm »
Agree.  When it comes to ISIS and Iran's nuclear capabilities there's a natural -- and regional ---alliance just waiting to be developed between SA, Egypt, Jordan and Israel.

Their needs and concerns now dovetail so they should be encouraged-- frequently-- to talk to one another about a solution.

The Saudis are just now starting to get concerned about the Persians.  Good, this is how it should be, they're ancient enemies.  It's like NATO, they've gotten fat and lazy while we do all the lifting.  SA has been sitting on tons of hardware they've been collecting over the years, they need to start using it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2018, 08:05:58 pm »
So, our Kurd allies, SDF won the city of Raqqa from ISIS; but ISIS was not defeated? Wow.

ISIS has been defeated 98%, 98% contained, I will go with objective news articles... and Syria should not be our responsibility for time indeterminate.

You've been asked to back up your bullshit claim about Daesh being 98% this and 98% that and have yet to provide a source for your propaganda.

Put up or shut up.

They aren't defeated and they aren't contained.  Driving them out of one city in Syria doesn't equal defeat or containment.

I know you WISH that were the case but wishing doesn't make it so.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2018, 08:10:14 pm »

How are you going to measure whether they do or do not @Applewood

Offline TomSea

« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2018, 08:13:00 pm »
The Saudis are just now starting to get concerned about the Persians.  Good, this is how it should be, they're ancient enemies.  It's like NATO, they've gotten fat and lazy while we do all the lifting.  SA has been sitting on tons of hardware they've been collecting over the years, they need to start using it.

That's what the whole Yemen war is about, a proxy war between the Saudis and their allies and Iran.  Wow.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2018, 08:14:27 pm »
This "Never Trumper" really doesn't give a flying fig whose fault it is.  All she cares about is what, if anything, Trump is going to do. 

We have all heard the condemnations and threats of retaliation before from this president and past presidents whenever some atrocity occurs.  But most of the time, after the initial outrage, there is nothing. 

Yeah, and let's here the "Never Trumpers" justify attacks on a sovereign nation that we have not declared war on. I guarantee you, if there is a missile attack like last time, we will hear this discussed and the never-Trumpers will be seen nowhere to defend Trump.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2018, 08:14:58 pm »
You've been asked to back up your bullshit claim about Daesh being 98% this and 98% that and have yet to provide a source for your propaganda.

Put up or shut up.

They aren't defeated and they aren't contained.  Driving them out of one city in Syria doesn't equal defeat or containment.

No, they aren't "contained," these competing terrorist outfits are never contained,  They're like a half-filled balloon:  Squeeze over here, and they pop up over there.  Will still have those al Quida worms popping up everywhere.  I wish we could just build a border around the entire ME and lock them inside, but that's no good because we have those al Quida bastids killing people in Mali and Yemen. 

Let them kill each other off, and if Russia wants it so badly, let them deal with the tar baby.  We have our own borders to protect.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2018, 08:18:43 pm »

Put up or shut up.

U are just a trump-hater with your bullshit and you never back up jack shit, you know nothing about the situation despite your anecdotal evidence and your verbal abuse of people on this forum with your shitty shallow arguments calling people liars and I did post back up and the news is full of such articles.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2018, 08:22:30 pm »
One can always argue ISIS is not defeated, defeating Terrorism is never fully done..

ISIS is Finished So We Should Leave Syria Now
Instead Donald Trump's team is inflating the threat, worried he'll rush away from war.
By Gil Barndollar • April 6, 2018

President Trump’s unexpected pledge last week to pull U.S. troops out of Syria “very soon” has occasioned predictable wailing in predictable places.

The president also faced unsurprising pushback from his national security team, forcing him to clarify this week that the 2,000 troops there now will stay only until the mission to defeat ISIS, which is “coming to a rapid end,” is finished. Of course his military advisors and many of his aides disagree. 

A Pentagon spokesman has warned that ISIS is looking for “any opportunity to regain momentum.” Anonymous military officers speak of fumbling the ball “on the two yard line.” Officials tell reporters that while the group is “almost completely defeated,” a string of renewed ISIS attacks could signal a resurgence.

Read more at: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/isis-is-finished-so-we-should-leave-syria-now/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2018, 08:25:46 pm »
President Donald Trump just made a big decision on Syria — that doesn’t really seem to change a whole lot, at least for now.

As the Washington Post reports, Trump told military leaders on Tuesday to prepare for a withdrawal from Syria, although he did not set an official return date. But per NBC News, Trump decided to allow the approximately 2,000 troops in Syria to stay there until ISIS is defeated, even though he was unhappy about it.

In a statement after the press reports, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders noted that “the military mission to eradicate ISIS in Syria is coming to a rapid end,” but did not mention concrete plans for an imminent withdrawal.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-e2-80-99s-big-nondecision-on-us-troops-in-syria-explained/ar-AAvtcrC

Where are all the ISIS beheading videos? Only the Trump-haters can insist this war is not nearly totally won.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2018, 08:26:59 pm »
Let them kill each other off, and if Russia wants it so badly, let them deal with the tar baby.  We have our own borders to protect.

A regional war in the ME affects us, whether we're involved, or not.  They're 1/3 of the world's oil production.  While we could ramp up output here, the fact is, an interruption in 33% of energy supplies will have major repercussions on markets.  It's little more complex than an 'oh well - their problem' approach.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2018, 08:28:07 pm »
U are just a trump-hater with your bullshit and you never back up jack shit, you know nothing about the situation despite your anecdotal evidence and your verbal abuse of people on this forum with your shitty shallow arguments calling people liars and I did post back up and the news is full of such articles.

Wait.  YOU are accusing somebody of verbally abusing people in this forum?   88finger point
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2018, 08:29:40 pm »

Yeah you keep telling yourself I'm that so you can justify your propaganda BS.

All these little sketchy websites you find your propaganda at aren't what anyone but a blind follower of Donny would consider "credible".

All they do is prop up dupes like you who fall for what they print.

Kinda the same way that the drones at DU take everything printed by RawStory or Truthout to be "real news".

Propaganda artists like you get the kind of response from me that you deserve.

Get back to us when you can come a news outlet everyone has heard of.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2018, 08:30:20 pm »
“We’re on the two-yard line. We could literally fall into the end zone. We’re that close to total victory, to wiping out the ISIS caliphate in Syria,” a U.S. Special Forces officer in Syria told NBC News last week. But President Donald Trump seems determined to turn over the ball on the goal line, setting up the geopolitical version of the 2015 Super Bowl that the Seattle Seahawks lost with a last-minute interception.

On Thursday, Trump said, “We’ll be coming out of Syria, like, very soon. Let the other people take care of it now.” He then froze the paltry $200 million the United States had pledged to help rebuild areas liberated from Islamic State.

Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/opinion/don-t-squander-our-gains-against-isis-1.520199

There it is, Stars and Stripes, quoting an official, we are on the 2 yard line in defeating ISIS, sounds like that means 98% of the field has been taken.  So, yes, ISIS is overwhelmingly beaten because of our sacrifices, somewhere we've got to make some of the best decisions for the US interests.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2018, 08:30:34 pm »

A regional war in the ME affects us, whether we're involved, or not.  They're 1/3 of the world's oil production.  While we could ramp up output here, the fact is, an interruption in 33% of energy supplies will have major repercussions on markets.  It's little more complex than an 'oh well - their problem' approach.

That is not a tenable position for us to stay in, unless we are to declare the entire world "ours."  I'm not interested in a US Caliphate, where no sparrow falls we aren't responsible for.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2018, 08:31:29 pm »
Wait.  YOU are accusing somebody of verbally abusing people in this forum?   88finger point

I know...his hypocrisy is stunning.

« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2018, 08:31:30 pm »

A regional war in the ME affects us, whether we're involved, or not.  They're 1/3 of the world's oil production. 

The 1990's called ... they want their foreign policy back.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2018, 08:39:27 pm »

We've got enough energy resources right here to be Energy Independent.

Offline edpc

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2018, 08:40:01 pm »
The 1990's called ... they want their foreign policy back.

Sure thing, Barack.  A variation of that line bit you on the ass less than 4 years after it was uttered.  Whether we intervene, or not, it'll send shockwaves through the oil market.  That's indisputable.

Offline edpc

« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2018, 08:43:15 pm »
We've got enough energy resources right here to be Energy Independent.

Of course, but that doesn't mean it won't get more expensive.  Just about everything will, because petrochemicals are used across many industries.  Not all types of oil are the same when it comes to uses and ease of refinement.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:44:23 pm by edpc »

Online dfwgator

« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2018, 08:44:51 pm »

Of course, but that doesn't mean it won't get more expensive.  Just about everything will, because petrochemicals are used across many industries.  Not all types of oil are the same when it comes to uses and ease of refinement.

As they say, "Necessity is the Mother of Invention".

« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2018, 08:48:30 pm »

Sure thing, Barack.

I know you miss him ... but please don't drag him into every post.

We're on our way to not only energy independence but to being an energy player on the global stage.

Decades old arguments and fear mongering no long apply.

Online corbe

« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2018, 08:56:11 pm »
I know you miss him ... but please don't drag him into every post.

We're on our way to not only energy independence but to being an energy player on the global stage.

Makes sense to me @Right_in_Virginia that's why I just paid $2.39 a gallon for gas in TEXAS.  /s
   Half of Europe on Russian Gas and you refuse to see the global implications of the ME Oil Market.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2018, 08:56:47 pm »

Current market realities do.