Author Topic: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria  (Read 11139 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2018, 12:54:57 am »
Supposedly, some of the WMDs were moved into Lebanon's Bekah Valley.  FWIW, one of the people who said there were large amounts of vehicles possibly moving WMDs from Iraq to Syria in 2003 was James Clapper.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2018, 01:00:17 am »
Admitting that would totally ruin the "Bush lied, people died" trope.  The leftist media would walk over a living room floor of Legos before they'd ever admit such a thing. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure there are a few (liberals?) on this forum who fell for leftist "Bush lied, people died" filth.

The fact that there is evidence that they got trucked from Iraq to Syria means nothing to a Bush hater.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2018, 01:05:01 am »
As having been a big supporter of George W. Bush and the Iraq liberation,  it does the heart good to see President Trump salvage the mess over there that was really created by Obama's negligence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2018, 01:16:52 am »
Some twitter accounts indicate right now, Syria is being struck by Americans or Israelis:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ischark/status/983147800019062784

https://twitter.com/MrKyruer/status/983145502060445697

I think I heard on Fox earlier, Syria has 6 air bases, so we might hit all 6.

Remember, how a year ago, they said we hit that one base but they were able to repair it in relatively short time, something about us not hitting all of the paved roads there.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2018, 01:22:48 am »
Supposedly, some of the WMDs were moved into Lebanon's Bekah Valley.  FWIW, one of the people who said there were large amounts of vehicles possibly moving WMDs from Iraq to Syria in 2003 was James Clapper.

Yes.  Assad allowed all of fellow Baathist Saddam Hussein's deadliest weapons to pass right on through his country to a vassal state of Iran's.  As for Clapper?  He's irrelevant, and his say-so neither proves nor disproves anything.  Liars have been known to be truthful, so one simply looks elsewhere to ferret out the truth.

I am sure there are some of the munitions in Bekha but the lions share are in Syria.   But that ruins the "Bush liked, people died" trope, so there is no MSM coverage of any of this.  Bush's mistake was in not sealing off the escape route for the weapons.  I remain dumbfounded that pretty much the entire world know that, but he did not. Maybe he listened to Clapper....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2018, 01:29:15 am »
Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria
By Rebecca Savransky - 04/08/18 09:19 AM EDT

President Trump on Sunday put blame on former President Obama after the alleged chemical attack in Syria.

"If President Obama had crossed his stated Red Line In The Sand, the Syrian disaster would have ended long ago! Animal Assad would have been history!" Trump tweeted, referring to Syrian President Bashar Assad.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382145-trump-puts-blame-on-obama-after-alleged-chemical-attack-in-syria

Trump is a filthy, disgusting, lying pig who has done nothing but make the situation worse.  Obama removed troops from Iraq because the previous administration had already made the agreement.  His Syria mistake was in believing that Congress would back him on the "red line" against chemical weapons.  Obama tried to get authorization to act "legally"; his mistake was in believing others would behave with honor.  Incidentally, my friends who died in Egypt and Iran and Syria did not blame Obama.  They blamed the West writ large.  And history will prove them right.  And now we are abandoning the Kurds again.  Not to mention the Christians we've already refused to allow refuge in the US.  We have learned nothing, and World War II was nothing more than a huge waste.

And we've given the Russians just the opening they sought.  They got the opportunity to "remove" the Syrian chemicals then, because we failed to act.  So where did these "new" chemicals come from?  No matter, because now they have a port and an alliance with Iran, Turkey, Syria, and NK.  Next Trump will dismantle the Iran agreement and remove the last impediment to that triple/quadruple entente. 

Say "hello" to the banal evil that triumphs when good men do nothing. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2018, 01:32:23 am »
Some twitter accounts indicate right now, Syria is being struck by Americans or Israelis:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ischark/status/983147800019062784

https://twitter.com/MrKyruer/status/983145502060445697

I think I heard on Fox earlier, Syria has 6 air bases, so we might hit all 6.

Remember, how a year ago, they said we hit that one base but they were able to repair it in relatively short time, something about us not hitting all of the paved roads there.

They have quite a few air bases, but they likely have different capabilities and purposes.  This might be an opening response.  It would seem the target to go after would be command and control of the Syrian Republican Guard.  They're the ones that are entrusted to handle the chemical munitions.  One problem is their HQ is inside the presidential compound.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:36:14 am by edpc »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2018, 02:03:06 am »
As having been a big supporter of George W. Bush and the Iraq liberation,  it does the heart good to see President Trump salvage the mess over there that was really created by Obama's negligence.

That idiot Bush started the war that may yet get us all killed. I curse the name George W Bush. Trillions of dollars wasted, thousand of American lives lost. And we are still bogged down there. F Bush. Bush was so horrible of a president that Zero ran against him twice and won. Trump also ran against Bush and he won too.  That's how much America detests W Bush.

Online corbe

« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2018, 02:07:06 am »
   Sounds like a good poll question: Who hate's Bush more @jpsb or @sneakypete?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2018, 02:10:07 am »
That idiot Bush started the war that may yet get us all killed. I curse the name George W Bush. Trillions of dollars wasted, thousand of American lives lost. And we are still bogged down there. F Bush. Bush was so horrible of a president that Zero ran against him twice and won. Trump also ran against Bush and he won too.  That's how much America detests W Bush.

News flash.  One of the architects and supporters of Iraq, along with being the biggest proponent of use of military force wherever and whenever is taking over as Trump's national security advisor tomorrow.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2018, 02:15:27 am »
Syria is being bombed now, we do not know who exactly is hitting their airbases...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43694588

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2018, 02:17:26 am »
We've got enough energy resources right here to be Energy Independent.
nope, cannot and will not happen.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2018, 02:17:56 am »
   Sounds like a good poll question: Who hate's Bush more @jpsb or @sneakypete?

Or which Never Trumper has the most hate...

Online corbe

« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2018, 02:19:13 am »
   Thanks for the update @TomSea isn't Hom the same Air Base we attacked a year ago?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2018, 02:19:21 am »
JPSB is a great poster, just because you don't agree with him does not mean one has to hold someone up to ridicule. I like to read everything the forum member says and I find it very well thought-out. So, buzz off JPSB.  A very good thinker.

Offline edpc

« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2018, 02:21:09 am »
Syria is being bombed now, we do not know who exactly is hitting their airbases...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43694588

Well.....we'll see what happens next.

Russia is warning the U.S. against any “military intervention” in Syria over the government's alleged chemical attack against civilians this weekend, saying any such response would be “unacceptable” and lead to the “most serious consequences”.

The foreign ministry in Moscow also says in a statement on its website that allegations of the chemical attack are “fabricated,” suggesting the claims were invented by rebel forces and the Syrian Civil Defense known as the White Helmets.

“It is necessary to warn again that military intervention under invented and fabricated pretexts in Syria, where at the request of the lawful government there are Russian military personnel, is absolutely unacceptable and can lead to the most serious consequences,” the statement reads. “The aim of these false speculations, that have no basis, is to shield the terrorists and the irreconcilable radical opposition, who reject a political solution, at the same time while trying to justify possible armed strikes from outside.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/syrias-alleged-chemical-attack-demand-immediate-response-state-133405887--abc-news-topstories.html

Online Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2018, 02:24:26 am »
Obama removed troops from Iraq because the previous administration had already made the agreement.

Not so fast.  The Obama wholesale troop withdrawal was NOT part of what President Bush had negotiated with the Iraq government.  Bush had worked out an agreement with Iraq where we would leave a minimal force behind and would maintain control of our primary airbase within Iraq.  This was key to US foreign policy because it gave us a permanent Mid-East airbase outside of Saudi Arabia, and it secured victory by ensuring a stable and effective transition to Iraqi military control.  It also demonstrated American follow-through, staying power, and dedication which was key, because lack of this since the 70s is what caused all this problem to begin with.

Obama screwed all of that up.  Bigtime.  Instead of working with the Iraqis, he abandoned them.  It left them with no choice but to sever relationship with us since they knew that America had once again given up, just like they did in Lebanon, Somalia, Kuwait, etc.  Obama did exactly what Bush warned against - announcing a withdrawal date.  Once that date was broadcast to the world, ISIS knew who to recruit, where to go, and when.  Within 2½ years, Iraq's second largest city would fall to ISIS.

But Obama's abandonment of freedom for those seeking it had far worse repercussions.  Young people in Libya, Egypt, Iran, and Syria were eager to see the Iraq experiment replayed in their own nations.  Iran - a nation where nearly half its population under the age of 25 - was ripe for revolution.  Yet instead of supporting those efforts, Obama's CIA betrayed the very people on the ground who could make it happen.  Dozens of our assets were rounded up by the Iranian government and executed.  Sparks of revolution in Syria was similarly squelched.  Finally after Egypt bursts on the scene, Obama completely sabotages it by pushing Mubarek out of office and letting the Muslim Brotherhood take over.  And Libya?  Yet another Obama failure.

Obama tried to get authorization to act "legally"; his mistake was in believing others would behave with honor.

Obama already had that authorization.  It was enabled him to give out the 'red line' threat to begin with.  It was his lack of honor that did nothing while Assad gassed his people.  Obama was simply in over his head.  He lack the ability to successfully organize asbestos removal from a Chicago housing project, much less a response to a Middle East tyrant.  To simplify, Obama couldn't lead ants to a picnic.

Incidentally, my friends who died in Egypt and Iran and Syria did not blame Obama.  They blamed the West writ large.  And history will prove them right.  And now we are abandoning the Kurds again.  Not to mention the Christians we've already refused to allow refuge in the US.  We have learned nothing, and World War II was nothing more than a huge waste.

I could not agree more.  And the ONLY President in the last 90 years who stood by his commitment was George W. Bush.  He didn't withdraw from Somalia after 18 soldiers were beaten to death because they ran out of ammo.  He didn't withdraw from Lebanon after 248 soldiers were blown up because the gate guard was not allowed to have his weapon loaded.  He didn't renege on an agreement to come to South Vietnam's aid if North Vietnam violated the cease fire agreement.  Bush didn't sell out Poland after WWII.  Bush didn't let Cuba off the hook when a Soviet combat brigade was discovered in their country.

Bush didn't let Iraq violate the cease fire agreement from the first Gulf War again and again and again.  Instead, he held them to it.  He put the entire world on notice that America's word means something.  That America will stand for Freedom, and that they will not cower when faced with difficult political situations.  Throughout his Presidency, Bush stood firm.  He finished the First Gulf War which his father had started, and he followed it through to the end.  It took years to show the Iraqis and the rest of the world that he would not capitulate.  And once the surge went into effect, he finally won the Sunnis over.

America's foreign policy has sucked for a long time because we can't follow through on anything.  But George W. Bush was the exception.  And it galls me to no end to see Trump supporters here bashing him and his war.

As for your friends, my heart goes out to you and to them.  I am sorry for their loss, just as I mourn for the tens of thousands who ended up in mass graves under Saddam.  We as a nation are spoiled, and have no understanding of how others in the world live (and die).

And we've given the Russians just the opening they sought.

Yep.  Correct.  Heck, we couldn't even stand by the Ukraine (or Lebanon for that matter), much less a small faction of rebels in Syria.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2018, 02:25:46 am »
Or which Never Trumper has the most hate...

@TomSea    IMHO, the great majority of Briefers have no hate for anything or anybody, dislike, sure.  Generally, as a whole we realize what a destructive emotion it is and that includes you, I don't believe you hate at all, it's what makes us a great family.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2018, 02:28:22 am »
Not so fast.  The Obama wholesale troop withdrawal was NOT part of what President Bush had negotiated with the Iraq government.  Bush had worked out an agreement with Iraq where we would leave a minimal force behind and would maintain control of our primary airbase within Iraq.  This was key to US foreign policy because it gave us a permanent Mid-East airbase outside of Saudi Arabia, and it secured victory by ensuring a stable and effective transition to Iraqi military control.  It also demonstrated American follow-through, staying power, and dedication which was key, because lack of this since the 70s is what caused all this problem to begin with.

Obama screwed all of that up.  Bigtime.  Instead of working with the Iraqis, he abandoned them.  It left them with no choice but to sever relationship with us since they knew that America had once again given up, just like they did in Lebanon, Somalia, Kuwait, etc.  Obama did exactly what Bush warned against - announcing a withdrawal date.  Once that date was broadcast to the world, ISIS knew who to recruit, where to go, and when.  Within 2½ years, Iraq's second largest city would fall to ISIS.

But Obama's abandonment of freedom for those seeking it had far worse repercussions.  Young people in Libya, Egypt, Iran, and Syria were eager to see the Iraq experiment replayed in their own nations.  Iran - a nation where nearly half its population under the age of 25 - was ripe for revolution.  Yet instead of supporting those efforts, Obama's CIA betrayed the very people on the ground who could make it happen.  Dozens of our assets were rounded up by the Iranian government and executed.  Sparks of revolution in Syria was similarly squelched.  Finally after Egypt bursts on the scene, Obama completely sabotages it by pushing Mubarek out of office and letting the Muslim Brotherhood take over.  And Libya?  Yet another Obama failure.

Obama already had that authorization.  It was enabled him to give out the 'red line' threat to begin with.  It was his lack of honor that did nothing while Assad gassed his people.  Obama was simply in over his head.  He lack the ability to successfully organize asbestos removal from a Chicago housing project, much less a response to a Middle East tyrant.  To simplify, Obama couldn't lead ants to a picnic.

I could not agree more.  And the ONLY President in the last 90 years who stood by his commitment was George W. Bush.  He didn't withdraw from Somalia after 18 soldiers were beaten to death because they ran out of ammo.  He didn't withdraw from Lebanon after 248 soldiers were blown up because the gate guard was not allowed to have his weapon loaded.  He didn't renege on an agreement to come to South Vietnam's aid if North Vietnam violated the cease fire agreement.  Bush didn't sell out Poland after WWII.  Bush didn't let Cuba off the hook when a Soviet combat brigade was discovered in their country.

Bush didn't let Iraq violate the cease fire agreement from the first Gulf War again and again and again.  Instead, he held them to it.  He put the entire world on notice that America's word means something.  That America will stand for Freedom, and that they will not cower when faced with difficult political situations.  Throughout his Presidency, Bush stood firm.  He finished the First Gulf War which his father had started, and he followed it through to the end.  It took years to show the Iraqis and the rest of the world that he would not capitulate.  And once the surge went into effect, he finally won the Sunnis over.

America's foreign policy has sucked for a long time because we can't follow through on anything.  But George W. Bush was the exception.  And it galls me to no end to see Trump supporters here bashing him and his war.

As for your friends, my heart goes out to you and to them.  I am sorry for their loss, just as I mourn for the tens of thousands who ended up in mass graves under Saddam.  We as a nation are spoiled, and have no understanding of how others in the world live (and die).

Yep.  Correct.  Heck, we couldn't even stand by the Ukraine (or Lebanon for that matter), much less a small faction of rebels in Syria.

Excellent post!   It is SO refreshing to see the TRUTH posted, especially in response to abject ignorance.

Thank you!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2018, 02:36:25 am »
That idiot Bush started the war that may yet get us all killed.

You mean George H. W. Bush, right?  He is the one who started the Gulf War.

I curse the name George W Bush. Trillions of dollars wasted

Trillions?  You sound just like someone posting at DummieUnderground.

thousand of American lives lost.

In case you were unaware, we have a volunteer military.  No one was conscripted and forced to fight in Iraq.  Those that did so went in service to their country because they believed in the mission.  And in that endeavor, they succeeded.  They won.  They secured the victory.  And they repaired the distrust that the rest of the world had with the US because of fickle fair-weather thinking from people like you, ready to bail out as soon as the temperature gets a bit too hot.

F Bush. Bush was so horrible of a president that Zero ran against him twice and won.

He got a lot of help from people like you reciting Dem talking points, because the ONLY thing Obama ran on was lies.

I will take Bush any day over any President since Coolidge with the exception of Reagan.  Sure, Bush made mistakes.  But instead of running away from problems, he persevered.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2018, 02:36:54 am »

News flash.  One of the architects and supporters of Iraq, along with being the biggest proponent of use of military force wherever and whenever is taking over as Trump's national security advisor tomorrow.

And your point is? Trump is not a POS neocon, Bolton will work for Trump.

Offline edpc

« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2018, 02:37:35 am »
I don't understand Arabic, but Syrian television seems to be showing anti-aircraft fire - SAM launches.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:39:10 am by edpc »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2018, 02:38:57 am »

@edpc
I remember reading about that, as well.  The yellowcake story was BS, but that doesn't mean there weren't weapons moved out of Iraq.  Of course, as I think you (?) also pointed out, Syria had been developing their own weapons for years.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2018, 02:41:14 am »
@edpc
I remember reading about that, as well.  The yellowcake story was BS, but that doesn't mean there weren't weapons moved out of Iraq.  Of course, as I think you (?) also pointed out, Syria had been developing their own weapons for years.

Yellowcake wasn't BS.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25546334/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/secret-us-mission-hauls-uranium-iraq/

Online Hoodat

« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2018, 02:43:07 am »
The Latest: Syrian news agency reports missile attack

BEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on the Syrian conflict (all times local):

5:10 a.m.

Syria's state-run news agency says the military's air defenses have confronted a missile attack on air base in central Syria and shot down eight missiles.

The report on SANA says the attack on the T4 military airbase in Homs province "is likely to be an American aggression."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-russia-denies-reports-syrian-chemical-attack-101339494.html

Disclaimer - Yahoo News has been shown to be Fake News in the recent past.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-