Author Topic: Bongino: Dems 'Obstruct' Border Security 'Because It Sells Well Amongst Radical Liberal Base'  (Read 462 times)

rangerrebew

Bongino: Dems 'Obstruct' Border Security 'Because It Sells Well Amongst Radical Liberal Base'

Former Secret Service Agent Dan Bongino said Saturday that Democrats are largely opposed to President Trump's plan to secure the border because their viewpoint plays well with their base.

Bongino, a former Congressional candidate in western Maryland, said there is "an unprecedented level of obstruction" from Democrats on Capitol Hill to Trump's vision of securing the border and curbing illegal immigration.

"The Democrats have firmly and resolutely stood in his way," he said, adding that they won't seek a permanent solution because a more porous border "sells well amongst [their] radical liberal base."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/07/dan-bongino-illegal-immigration-rips-democrats-and-liberal-obstruction

Offline dfwgator

And Country Club Republicans also don't want it because it provides the pipeline of cheap labor.

Offline skeeter

It would be so easy to run against democrats if the GOP in general didn't agree with them.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I think he is definitely partly right.  The deportation issue has been billed successfully as an ever-popular civil rights battle. 

There is some principled opposition to the massively expensive and really unfeasible full-border wall, IMO.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.