Author Topic: Trump asked CIA why they spared family when killing terrorist target  (Read 2070 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

News
Trump asked CIA why they spared family when killing terrorist target

By Bob Fredericks

April 6, 2018 | 11:05am | Updated

President Trump reportedly asked the CIA why it waited until a terror target’s family left the building before launching a drone missile strike against him.

“Why did you wait?” the president asked, according to the Washington Post, after being shown a video of an earlier strike in Syria by the ISIS-fighting spooks.

The CIA’s head of drone operations told the commander-in-chief that the agency’s goal was to minimize civilian casualties, an explanation that left Trump “unimpressed,” the paper reported.

On the campaign trail, then-candidate Trump once said that the US should kill not just terrorists, but their wives, children and other relatives as well.

more
https://nypost.com/2018/04/06/trump-asked-cia-why-they-spared-family-when-killing-terrorist-target/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump asked CIA why they spared family when killing terrorist target
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 05:45:45 pm »
I don't believe this.  Trunp's stupid...but not stupid enough to say that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:52:30 pm »
It may seem grim, but this of course is one way to eradicate terrorism.

Cause those closest to the terrorist to suffer pain will certainly reduce the threat of terrorism.

I am convinced that only Muslims can stamp out terrorism as they live within it.  The western world cannot identify who is and who isn't.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 06:10:33 pm »

Even 'if' he did say this, how did the statement wind up in the NYPost? How many people could have possibly heard it, if it is true?

In terms of 'finding a leak' this has to be the easiest one ever. There could have only been a half dozen or less people in the room.

Furthermore, this does not sound like such an absurd question at all. I can picture myself asking, "Why did you wait for the family to leave?" So what? Is it international law? Is it CIS policy? What was the basis of your decision? This is not a crazy question at all.

But still. It should be very easy to find out who leaked this and he/she needs to be found out ASAP. The President has to know that his TOP SECRET meetings with the CIA are secure. This is a top priority to find out who leaked this, whether it is true or not.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 06:26:16 pm »
Why would somebody "leak" such a remark?  Most likely to damage the President.

Also to preserve the status quo, e.g. "keep doing it the same way we always have."

And in this case, the status quo serves to enable terrorists.

We have not beat Islamic terrorism nearly enough. Not enough collateral damage.

The US and Britain have been criticized "after the fact," for having bombed Dresden, Berlin, Hamburg, Tokyo etc.

As if to question why it was necessary. But notice that WWII remains a victory. Germany and Japan have not risen to fight again.

The same is not true with our Islamic terror enemies. We keep letting them up again.

WWII won in less than 4 years. War on Terror still continues more than 16 years following 9/11/2001.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 07:58:24 pm »
If you kill enough Muslums they will cease to be a problem.  Let Allah sort it out.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 08:40:38 pm »

Furthermore, this does not sound like such an absurd question at all. I can picture myself asking, "Why did you wait for the family to leave?" So what? Is it international law? Is it CIS policy? What was the basis of your decision? This is not a crazy question at all.

So children are fair game in the WOT?  Is that what you are saying?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 10:51:18 pm »
I sailed wrote:
"It may seem grim, but this of course is one way to eradicate terrorism.
Cause those closest to the terrorist to suffer pain will certainly reduce the threat of terrorism.
I am convinced that only muslims can stamp out terrorism as they live within it.  The western world cannot identify who is and who isn't."

Repeated for endorsement.
I agree completely.

islamic terrorists care nothing for your kids.
They'd kill them just to hurt you more.
Shouting that allah is greater with every death.

Why should we care about theirs?

And I don't give a **&* if you come back with the term "moral equivalence"...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 10:57:32 pm »
I sailed wrote:
"It may seem grim, but this of course is one way to eradicate terrorism.
I am convinced that only muslims can stamp out terrorism as they live within it.  The western world cannot identify who is and who isn't."

Repeated for endorsement.
I agree completely.

islamic terrorists care nothing for your kids.
They'd kill them just to hurt you more.
Shouting that allah is greater with every death.

Why should we care about theirs?

And I don't give a **&* if you come back with the term "moral equivalence"...

Islamic terrorists are willing to kill their own kids in order to kill a non believer.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 11:13:17 pm »

Apparently.  See Beslan.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 11:20:11 pm »
I'm more worried about CIA leaks with this. This would imply a willingness to violate the Geneva Conventions in regards to purposefully targeting civilians.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 11:22:49 pm »
What pray tell do you think the persons under bombs in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden, Berlin, Hamburg were anyway? (WWII fronts that stayed won)

One reason we have failed to decisively win wars that stay won, since WWII, is we continue waging them now with only half-measures.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 11:26:43 pm »

You making a huge leap of logic. Trump asking why they did something is not in any way the same as saying that they should have done the opposite.

Why did you let the family go? Policy? Law? uumm better targeting? Public relations? Why did you do it?

That is not the same at all as saying, You should have killed the family. He is simply asking why.

Apparently there are people on the site who have a problem comprehending English diction.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 11:45:39 pm »
Islamic terrorists are willing to kill their own kids in order to kill a non believer.

One more reason we're not them.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 11:49:57 pm »

Throughout most of history civilians have been considered fair game.  Millions were killed in WWII.  They worked in factories and all kinds of industry supporting the military.

It made war something terrible and to be avoided.  Not so acceptable as it is now.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 11:54:16 pm »

More reason to Kill them before we become them.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 12:03:44 am »
What pray tell do you think the persons under bombs in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden, Berlin, Hamburg were anyway? (WWII fronts that stayed won)

One reason we have failed to decisively win wars that stay won, since WWII, is we continue waging them now with only half-measures.

Pffffff...

Big difference in collateral damage, and intentional....yes intentional wanting to kill children.  You are just like your fearless leader apparently.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 12:12:25 am »
You making a huge leap of logic. Trump asking why they did something is not in any way the same as saying that they should have done the opposite.

Why did you let the family go? Policy? Law? uumm better targeting? Public relations? Why did you do it?

That is not the same at all as saying, You should have killed the family. He is simply asking why.

Apparently there are people on the site who have a problem comprehending English diction.

Why did you let the family go?

Diction comprehension problems????????????????    Seemed pretty clear in one meaning to me.

Understanding diction is not the problem.  The problem is some briefers have lost their moral compass, and see children being targeted as acceptable rules in warfare.  Kind of sickening if you ask me.   General W. T. Sherman one of your ancestors?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 12:23:16 am »
@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

I heard him on the campaign trail, say kill the families and relatives.
That is part of his personality disorder - no empathy for human beings.

That is also why he doesn't care if his pronouncements made the stock market go down and destroys people's savings; he will do what he wants when he wants no matter whom it hurts because he can't comprehend what a human feels.  Humans are objects to him, especially women.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 12:35:02 am »
@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

That is also why he doesn't care if his pronouncements made the stock market go down and destroys people's savings; he will do what he wants when he wants no matter whom it hurts because he can't comprehend what a human feels.  Humans are objects to him, especially women.

I get why it upsets some people, but these types are merciless and deserve no mercy.  There's no question as to what kind of atmosphere surrounds the family of these terrorists.  When Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi was killed by air strike in Iraq, his wife and 18 month old son were killed as well.  It certainly didn't bother me nor did it get Bush 43 before a war crimes tribunal.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:35:44 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 12:45:29 am »

I get why it upsets some people, but these types are merciless and deserve no mercy.  There's no question as to what kind of atmosphere surrounds the family of these terrorists.  When Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi was killed by air strike in Iraq, his wife and 18 month old son were killed as well.  It certainly didn't bother me nor did it get Bush 43 before a war crimes tribunal.

Fully agree there will be "one offs" , but the optics in this case are awful.  Having the most technologically advanced military in the world gives us the opportunity to deal exclusively with precision against the bad guys.   Trump spouting off (if so) that on why aren't we targeting families is a 5 Star PR SNAFU. (alluded)  And again, like I said in my original post.....   I don't think he said it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:46:47 am by catfish1957 »

Offline WingNot

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 12:56:38 am »
@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

Next time you have a thought...let it go.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 01:05:26 am »
Fully agree there will be "one offs" , but the optics in this case are awful.  Having the most technologically advanced military in the world gives us the opportunity to deal exclusively with precision against the bad guys.   Trump spouting off (if so) that on why aren't we targeting families is a 5 Star PR SNAFU. (alluded)  And again, like I said in my original post.....   I don't think he said it.

@catfish1957
16 years 6 months, coming up on 17 years.  Arguably its been going on since 1991.  You're fine with sacrificing our young men in a never ending war as long as the enemies women and children aren't impacted.   You're ok with our young men being blown up, losing limbs, brain damage, blinded, severe trauma.   Just as long as you don't feel bad because some "non-combatants" are endangered. 

Never mind those "non-combatants" dress their children in suicide vests.  Help make bombs.  Help act as scouts and with logistics.   Provide Medical care.  Help keepthe local population under control.   You're fine sacrificing ours to protect theirs.   

Maybe if they had to worry about their women and children they wouldn't be flying planes into our buildings.

War should be terrible.  Maybe then we wouldn't think its acceptable to continue sacrificing our young in a never ending fight for mediocrity.   

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 01:14:54 am »
Why did you let the family go?

OK @catfish1957

I get your point sort of. So can you answer the question? Why did they let the family go?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 05:02:30 am »
OK @catfish1957

I get your point sort of. So can you answer the question? Why did they let the family go?

Even the article, slanted as it is, doesn't report that Trump said that.  He said "Why did you wait?"  A perfectly reasonable question from a CiC who wants to know more about how an operation was conducted.  I don't think "family" was on his mind, more likely it was the possibility co-conspirators were allowed to escape.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: