Author Topic: Trump Says He Didn't Know About Payment To Stormy Daniels  (Read 700 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump Says He Didn't Know About Payment To Stormy Daniels
« on: April 05, 2018, 10:18:20 pm »
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday he didn't know about the $130,000 payment his personal attorney made to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels, who alleges she and the president had an affair.

Asked aboard Air Force One whether he knew about the payment, Trump responded, "no."

Trump also said he didn't know why his longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, had made the payment or where he got the money.

"You'll have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael is my attorney. You'll have to ask Michael," he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-didnt-know-payment-stormy-daniels-210147751--politics.html

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:24:41 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump Says He Didn't Know About Payment To Stormy Daniels
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 10:26:46 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 10:47:10 pm »
Avenatti had previously said there were ethical obligations on Cohen's part to keep Trump informed of the process.  I guess we'll see, now that Cohen and Trump have both said it, whether it becomes an issue in NY.

Cohen has said that Trump was unaware of the payment to Daniels, and that he negotiated the agreement on his own to protect the then-Republican nominee — a claim Avenatti called “absolutely laughable.”

“We’re going to prove that Mr. Cohen is not telling the truth about that,” Avenatti said. “We’re going to be able to obtain discovery and documents and testimony that is going to show, I am highly confident, that Mr. Trump knew exactly what was going on.”

Cohen, Avenatti argued, had “ethical obligations as a licensed attorney in New York” to keep Trump informed “at all times.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stormy-daniels-lawyer-says-can-prove-trump-claims-145157954.html
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:47:58 pm by edpc »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 11:08:13 pm »

STOP TRYING TO MAKE STORMY DANIELS HAPPEN

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 01:33:14 am »
It had faded out, but now Trump stepped in it and tore the scab off.  He’s either lying or he just kneecapped Cohen.  This was a gift to her lawyer.

We can probably expect some crazy tweets and proclamation from Trump over the next few days, to distract from this eff up.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 12:59:07 pm »
uh huh

Plausible deniability...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley