Author Topic: David Hogg, gun salesman  (Read 1178 times)

Offline thackney

David Hogg, gun salesman
« on: April 04, 2018, 05:58:05 pm »
David Hogg, gun salesman
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/04/david_hogg_gun_salesman.html
April 4, 2018

The gun manufacturers of America have had a tough time since Barack Obama, dubbed the "greatest gun salesman in America" on CNN Money and "best gun salesman on the planet" on CNBC, left office.  After the November 2016 election of President Trump, monthly background checks for firearms purchases tumbled by 500,000.  The market was so grim that in February this year, legendary firearms manufacturer Remington filed for bankruptcy.

But suddenly the fortunes of gun manufacturers seem to have taken a turn upward, thanks mostly to David Hogg.  AWR Hawkins reports at Breitbart:

Background checks for gun sales shattered a record in March while celebrities and Parkland gun control activists pushed for more restrictions on Second Amendment rights.

The previous record for March was 2,523,265 background checks in 2016, but FBI numbers show there were 2,767,699 background checks in March 2018....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: David Hogg, gun salesman
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 05:59:24 pm »
Second Amendment Foundation Sees 1,200 Percent Surge in 18-20 Year-Old Members Post-Florida
http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2018/03/13/second-amendment-foundation-sees-1200-percent-member-surge/

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) has witnessed a 1,200% surge in 18-year-old to 20-year-old members in the weeks since the firearm-based attack on Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 06:00:39 pm »
David Hogg, gun salesman
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/04/david_hogg_gun_salesman.html
April 4, 2018

The gun manufacturers of America have had a tough time since Barack Obama, dubbed the "greatest gun salesman in America" on CNN Money and "best gun salesman on the planet" on CNBC, left office.  After the November 2016 election of President Trump, monthly background checks for firearms purchases tumbled by 500,000.  The market was so grim that in February this year, legendary firearms manufacturer Remington filed for bankruptcy.

But suddenly the fortunes of gun manufacturers seem to have taken a turn upward, thanks mostly to David Hogg.  AWR Hawkins reports at Breitbart:

Background checks for gun sales shattered a record in March while celebrities and Parkland gun control activists pushed for more restrictions on Second Amendment rights.

The previous record for March was 2,523,265 background checks in 2016, but FBI numbers show there were 2,767,699 background checks in March 2018....

Thank you Mr. Hogg for giving me the push I needed to make my purchase.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 06:05:00 pm »
I knew that was going to happen.  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 06:05:13 pm »
I want to thank the littlefaggot for pushing me to finally Join the NRA.  Bless you sonny.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 12:17:26 pm »
I am in the process of getting my CCW and making two purchases, 9mm and 22 pistol 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 12:43:55 pm »
I am in the process of getting my CCW and making two purchases, 9mm and 22 pistol

Since this is a gun sales thread, what models are you thinking of for purchase?  I use a 9mm for carry and 22 for more volume pleasure shooting.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 01:31:52 pm »
Since this is a gun sales thread, what models are you thinking of for purchase?  I use a 9mm for carry and 22 for more volume pleasure shooting.

As a a lefty, I personally really like Walthers.  They're one of the few manufacturers that makes high-quality, ambidextrous guns.  Absolutely love my PPQM2.

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 07:46:55 pm »
@thackney Ruger Security 9 or S&W SD 9 VE This will be one of my EDC's.
The 22 is a Ruger Mark IV with the Bull Barrel. I have a Mark I, but I want something I can use tramping around in the woods for plinking and varmints that doesn't weigh a ton and I can open carry.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 07:48:27 pm »
As a a lefty, I personally really like Walthers.  They're one of the few manufacturers that makes high-quality, ambidextrous guns.  Absolutely love my PPQM2.
I like the Walthers but i could never get one that "felt right" in my hand. I considered the Creed for a while.

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 08:26:00 pm »
@thackney Ruger Security 9 or S&W SD 9 VE This will be one of my EDC's.
The 22 is a Ruger Mark IV with the Bull Barrel. I have a Mark I, but I want something I can use tramping around in the woods for plinking and varmints that doesn't weigh a ton and I can open carry.

I bought the Ruger LC9s for carry.  I don't like shooting it because it is so small.  But the rounded edges and size makes it nice for carry.

I actually planned to buy a Mark IV with a Bull Barrel.  A friend lent me his Browning Buck Mark to convince me not to buy it. 

I bought a Buck Mark Camper Stainless URX, Alloy receiver, matte stainless finish, tapered bull barrel, overmolded ambidextrous grips blowback action, single-action trigger, Pro-Target adjustable sights

I really like shooting the Buck Mark.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 09:08:29 pm »
my 22.  It was pricey but I love it.

It also looks like the .45 when you whip it out.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 09:11:12 pm »
I taught myself pistol marksmanship with a pair of .22s. A Ruger Single-Six and a High Standard.

Offline verga

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 10:42:07 pm »
I bought the Ruger LC9s for carry.  I don't like shooting it because it is so small.  But the rounded edges and size makes it nice for carry.

I actually planned to buy a Mark IV with a Bull Barrel.  A friend lent me his Browning Buck Mark to convince me not to buy it. 

I bought a Buck Mark Camper Stainless URX, Alloy receiver, matte stainless finish, tapered bull barrel, overmolded ambidextrous grips blowback action, single-action trigger, Pro-Target adjustable sights

I really like shooting the Buck Mark.
@thackney I like the LC9, but was not crazy about the capacity. I used to carry a S&W Chrome detective .38 snub nose, following the Skeeter Skelton adage of "If an argument takes more than five shots you shouldn't be in the argument." All well and good, but as I got older I thought Skeeter might be right, but what if there is more than one guy coming at you.

I have wanted the Bull barrel since I saw it and would love it in stainless, but i could not turn down this one at the price I am getting it. I never got into the Brownings. A friend of mine has the High power 9mm and I used it years ago and the action was "clunky" and it was a B!TCH to disassemble and clean. The gun printed well but I just didn't like it. Plus this Ruger I am getting has the "millet" style sights and the first time I used it I put 5/ 6 in the bullseye.

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 11:32:40 am »
@thackney I like the LC9, but was not crazy about the capacity. I used to carry a S&W Chrome detective .38 snub nose, following the Skeeter Skelton adage of "If an argument takes more than five shots you shouldn't be in the argument." All well and good, but as I got older I thought Skeeter might be right, but what if there is more than one guy coming at you.

I have wanted the Bull barrel since I saw it and would love it in stainless, but i could not turn down this one at the price I am getting it. I never got into the Brownings. A friend of mine has the High power 9mm and I used it years ago and the action was "clunky" and it was a B!TCH to disassemble and clean. The gun printed well but I just didn't like it. Plus this Ruger I am getting has the "millet" style sights and the first time I used it I put 5/ 6 in the bullseye.

Thanks, I like learning what drives people's choices.

Happy Shooting!