Author Topic: London: Homeowner, 78, is arrested on suspicion of MURDER after 'stabbing armed burglar, 38, to deat  (Read 895 times)

Online mountaineer

Homeowner, 78, is arrested on suspicion of MURDER after 'stabbing armed burglar, 38, to death in a desperate struggle in his kitchen'
By Richard Spillett and Mark Duell for MailOnline
Published: 05:00 EDT, 4 April 2018 | Updated: 09:37 EDT, 4 April 2018
Daily Mail
A 78-year-old homeowner has been arrested by murder detectives after a suspected burglar who he fought in his own kitchen died of a stab wound.

The pensioner fought with an intruder armed with a screwdriver after two men broke into his suburban home in Hither Green, south-east London last night.

One of the alleged burglars - a 38-year-old man - was left bleeding from injuries to his upper body and was rushed to hospital where he later died.

The 78-year-old homeowner was initially detained on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm but was later arrested on suspicion of murder.

The break-in comes amid a surge in violence in the capital, with 49 people already having died in crimes in London in 2018. Last night's death brings the toll to 50.   ...

Adam Lake, who lives near the scene, also said he did not feel safe from crime.   ...  'He doesn't deserve to be punished for defending himself, and the neighbours that I've spoken to all agree that the priority needs to be to support him after everything that he's been through.

'He was just protecting himself after all.'   ...
**nononono*

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Were the intruders members of the religion of peace?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mountaineer

No mention. Probably just a couple of yobs.

Offline WingNot

No mention. Probably just a couple of yobs.

After reading the aprox 3000 word article there was one mention that he might have been white. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Hate to have to remind folks, but there was a reason we broke away from Britian and it wasn't  just because of a tax on tea.

Offline WingNot

Hate to have to remind folks, but there was a reason we broke away from Britian and it wasn't  just because of a tax on tea.

The Tax On Tea?  The hell you say!  But it did spur the very 1st recorded Fake News Event. 

Online mountaineer

'Trying to revive him - I think he's gone': Neighbour films failed bid to save 'burglar stabbed by OAP in his kitchen' as he lay bleeding to death in the street following botched break-in
Daily Mail
Footage has emerged of the moment a burglar lay dying in the street after struggling with a pensioner during a break-in.

Henry Vincent, 37, died after being stabbed during a botched raid at the south-east London home of Richard Osborn-Brooks in the early hours of Wednesday.

Mr Osborn-Brooks was later arrested on suspicion of murder, reigniting a national debate about the rights of homeowners to protect themselves during break-ins.

During the botched raid in South Park Crescent, Hither Green, an accomplice dragged Vincent toward a van before leaving him for dead, according to a witness.  He was found collapsed in nearby Further Green Road by paramedics from London Ambulance Service, who took him to hospital where he died shortly before 4am.

The second man has not been found and at least one suspect was believed to be armed with a screwdriver, police said.  ...

Vincent, 37, had been on a police force's 'most wanted' list, had a string of convictions and was suspected of burglaries targeting the vulnerable.  He was a predatory conman, burglar, drug addict and fraudster who had spent the past 15 years preying on the vulnerable.

At the time of the break-in, Vincent was one of Kent Police's most wanted criminals who was on the run after a distraction burglary last November which targeted a man in his 70s in Farningham, Kent.  ...

Offline aligncare

The 78-year-old homeowner should be applauded, rewarded and awarded. Applauded for defending himself, rewarded for stopping a one-man crime spree and awarded a judgment against the state for passing a dumbass law that arrests the victim of a crime.

Online mountaineer

Good news.
By Kyle James   |  04-08-2018   News

UK - Hero Who Fatally Stabbed Burglar Walks Free No Charges

A 78-year-old UK pensioner has been cleared of wrongdoing for the fatal stabbing of a burglar inside his home in Hither Green. Richard Osborn-Brooks stabbed a burglar who burst into his home late at night with another raider. The criminal died of his injuries and Osborn-Brooks was arrested on suspicion of murder prompting a public outcry over the slaying.

The burglar was 37-year-old Henry Vincent and he was found collapsed in the street and pronounced dead at the hospital. The second suspect fled the scene and is still on the run from authorities.Osborn-Brooks suffered some bruising to his arms during the attack and both he and his wife who suffers from dementia are under police protection.

The pensioner says he fears retribution from criminal associates of Vincent which has prevented him from returning home since the incident despite the presence two police officers. The fear of revenge from Vincent's associates has led to CCTV cameras are being installed that overlook Osborn-Brooks' home.  ...
More