Author Topic: Deerfield (Illinois) Bans All Semiautomatic Weapons; Residents Must Surrender Them Or Face Steep Fin  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You cannot be right about that.  Illinois is not a Southern state.

888high58888

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Illinois Nazi's will find a away.

Maybe!  Maybe not!

I suspect they will crow a lot while burying the actual data.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

That part of Ill is berry berry rassis.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Liberal Leftists love them to live in gated and secluded communities of like peoples.

Embracing diversity and integration is something they expect everyone else to do... at gunpoint.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

Liberal Leftists love them to live in gated and secluded communities of like peoples.

Embracing diversity and integration is something they expect everyone else to do... at gunpoint.

Deerfields original charter name was "Not in My BackYard"

Online andy58-in-nh

Which will be cassus belli for the nitwits who live there to call for a nationwide ban on the possession and ownership of firearms.

Because even if they ban them to make themselves safe - other places allow them, and that is why such a hypothetical slaughter could take place.  SO the only way to uphold Deerfield's intent is for everyone in the country to be disarmed.

Except cops and government officials.

You know - just like in Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany.

That is precisely the strategy the Left will pursue, and it is an utterly predictable one.

I'm only a little surprised we haven't heard it verbalized yet, which itself may be an index of the lockstep message discipline that Progressive organizations have mastered during the past 100 years.

Blame the gun, blame the innocent citizen, blame the law, blame the organizations that oppose intrusions on liberty, blame everyone in fact except for the criminal class... or their enablers.

If guns are essentially unregulated in my state (as they in fact are), then I am entirely certain that our neighbors in next-door Massachusetts will ultimately blame their crime problems on us, even while their lax drug enforcement results in heroin and fentanyl pouring across our border.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Isn't this a retroactive penalty?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
My prediction:
Deerfield outlaws semi-autos.
Later, there will be a mass killing in Deerfield with a semi-auto.

I think we're gonna see a significant increase in home invasions auto break-in crime and robbery in Deerfield.

The city has just told every thug in Chicago their city is a gun free zone. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

Isn't this a retroactive penalty?

Not retroactive, but effective immediately upon passage, April 2nd, 2018.

See page 9
https://www.deerfield.il.us/DocumentCenter/View/1506
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

See page 9

It will be interesting to watch and see how they enforce it, and if all the people who talk about 'prying it from my cold, dead hands' were just full of hot air and willing sheep ready to be loaded on boxcars for camps.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they try to do this 'for real' there will be an actual shooting war. But it will not come from the average White NRA members. Once these guys try to go into the 'hood' or the 'projects' to do door to door searches and confiscations, that is when they are going to hit the wall. Just the resources alone required to attempt this would be overwhelming. The city would need a real and actual Army to make it happen. And even then, success is not guaranteed.

People in those areas already shoot each other and anyone else for any simple reason. And just about everyone living there is armed. If they go into these neighborhoods with confiscation squads, they will literally have the entire neighborhood shooting at them. There is no way these guys will allow even just the search alone, much less any confiscation of anything.

I think they are viewing this in terms of Mom and Pop law abiding patriots who will simply willingly comply. My opinion is that they do not have the urban street experience to understand what they are doing and what the inevitable result will be. The only people who will be concerned about this are people who give a damn what the 'Law' says.

They are playing with fire. And they will get burned. Who wants to be the first LEO to die, to give up his life, in the name of taking guns?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I think they are viewing this in terms of Mom and Pop law abiding patriots who will simply willingly comply. My opinion is that they do not have the urban street experience to understand what they are doing and what the inevitable result will be. The only people who will be concerned about this are people who give a damn what the 'Law' says.

They are playing with fire. And they will get burned. Who wants to be the first LEO to die, to give up his life, in the name of taking guns?

They've gotten away with this up there for years if not decades.

Making very public examples of chosen targets and impoverishing those residents with ridiculous fines for those who do not comply creates a climate of fear and everyone ends up complying so they can continue to live unmolested by the state.

There has never been a Republic come into existence that did not commit suicide by surrendering to a mob.

Offline thackney

It will be interesting to watch and see how they enforce it, and if all the people who talk about 'prying it from my cold, dead hands' were just full of hot air and willing sheep ready to be loaded on boxcars for camps.

Keep in mind, this is just an update of their previous regs requiring "safe storage" from 5 years ago.  I suspect it will be enforced the same way the original one was, just selectively.

Meaning they are not going to go door-to-door checking everyone.   But if they have another reason to enter your home, they can enforce it, if they want.  If you are not one of their supporters, you want get a pass.

Offline WingNot

Keep in mind, this is just an update of their previous regs requiring "safe storage" from 5 years ago.  I suspect it will be enforced the same way the original one was, just selectively.

Meaning they are not going to go door-to-door checking everyone.   But if they have another reason to enter your home, they can enforce it, if they want.  If you are not one of their supporters, you want get a pass.

Be certain, you can not trust people like these.  They live to take other peoples rights away. It is in their liberal DNA

Offline the_doc

I believe that MOST modern weapons are semi-automatic.  Bolt-action and lever-action and pump-action long guns and revolvers seem to be much less popular.  Many gun owners have only semi-automatic weapons. 

This ordinance is an outrage.  It will leave a lot people defenseless and maybe even impoverished. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Groucho wrote:
"This is the first one that will require house to house searches to ensure compliance with the new ordinance."
Uh huh...
..and so it begins...

Once more I will repeat this.
(I wonder how many have actually checked the link I will put up?)
Go to this page:
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/133469/The_Turner_Diaries.pdf

Read the subtitle.
What will you do?

Because... that day is coming.
If you say "no, it ain't" -- ask those folks up in Deerfield.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I lived in Riverwoods, Il until 1994. It's right next to Deerfield. The area was not a known bastion of liberal idiocy back then. What idiots!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

See page 9

How is this "all" semiautos?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
How is this "all" semiautos?

It lists any firearm, pistol or rifle that can accept a detachable or fixed magazine that can hold ten rounds or more.  It also lists any rifle that has a partial cover or shroud that covers the barrel that prevents the shooter from being burned by holding the barrel by the non-shooting hand.

It also lists all AKs, AKMs, NHMs, HAs, MAKs, ARs, VEPRs, SARs, SKSs, and a bunch more that cover almost all makes and manufacturers of semi-automatic rifles and handguns.

The "ordinance" in it's descriptives and the lists of makes and manufacturers cover ALL semi autos of any kind.

IN addition ANY person found in violation of this "Article" shall be fined not less than $250.00 and up to $1,000.00 for each offense and a separate offense shall be deemed committed each and every day during or on which a violation occurs or continues.  Any person in violation of this article SHALL in addition to paying the penalty provided in the article, forfeit to the village any assault weapon in their possession.

SECTION 15-91 states:  The Chief of Police or his or her designee SHALL HAVE THE POWER TO CONFISCATE ANY ASSAULT WEAPON A PERSON IS CHARGED WITH POSSESSING IN VIOLATION UNDER THIS ARTICLE.  The chief of police shall cause to be destroyed each assault weapon or large capacity magazine surrendered or confiscated pursuant to this article.

Section 3 designates all information in this article be sent to the Illinois State police for assistance in making the effect the requirements of the article.

It took effect the moment it was passed and signed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:24:42 am by INVAR »

Offline Suppressed

It lists any firearm, pistol or rifle that can accept a detachable or fixed magazine that can hold ten rounds or more. 

No, it doesn't.

But, even still, this isn't all.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Law enforcement and retired law enforcement are exempt from the ban.

Naturally.
There's a challenge under the Equal Protection Clause, right there.

By letting LEOs and especially retired LEOs be exempt, there has been created a class of 'second class' citizens.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

They better hope the CTA line ends well below the Deerfield city limits.
@Wingnut One of my favorite bands of all time. I got to see them in concert about 30 years ago.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

North of Carbondale anyway. Get outside of the Chicagoland area and the rest of IL is very conservative, but they just don't have the numbers.

Deerfield is off Evanston's doorstep, the home of Northwestern U., so no suprise they are trying something like this.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Democrats:
2008: No one is going to take away your guns
2018: We are going to take away your guns
Countdown to Resignation

Offline thackney

I believe that MOST modern weapons are semi-automatic.  Bolt-action and lever-action and pump-action long guns and revolvers seem to be much less popular.  Many gun owners have only semi-automatic weapons. 

This ordinance is an outrage.  It will leave a lot people defenseless and maybe even impoverished.

The title is also false.  They are not banning all semi-auto, pistol or rifle.  I linked the actual ordinance above.  It bans their made up description of "assault" rifles and pistols.  Still a stupid ordinance.