Author Topic: Deerfield (Illinois) Bans All Semiautomatic Weapons; Residents Must Surrender Them Or Face Steep Fin  (Read 4433 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Since our Resident Leftist assures us that gun registration does not equal confiscation - I submit current news to prove that confiscation is the intended goal.

Deerfield (Illinois) Bans Semiautomatic Weapons; Residents Face Steep Fines

DEERFIELD (CBS) — Gun owners in north suburban Deerfield now have just over two months to remove certain types of firearms from their home, or face stiff fines.

Village trustees voted unanimously in favor of a complete ban on semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns with certain features. The new ordinance also bans magazines containing more than 10 rounds of ammunition, CBS 2’s Jeremy Ross reports.

Those who keep the affected firearms could be fined up to $1,000 a day

Chicago, which already had a ban in place, strengthened its restrictions. Cook County, which initially upgraded its assault weapons ban in 2006, moved to strengthen the law and its penalties in 2013. The county's 2006 law already was being challenged in the state courts. The Illinois Supreme Court has yet to rule on whether it violates the Second Amendment.

The Highland Park ordinance, which is based on the Cook County ordinance, prohibits the sale, purchase or possession of any semi-automatic weapon that can hold more than 10 rounds in a magazine.  This is the first one that will require house to house searches to ensure compliance with the new ordinance. 

Residents found to have such weapons in their possession will be fined up to $1000.00 a day for noncompliance.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Law enforcement and retired law enforcement are exempt from the ban.

Naturally.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Love him or hate him Trump's got 2 and 1/2 more years.

Gotta get more Originalists onto SCOTUS.

And Gorsuch hostility to Chevron Deference is what makes me think we can get them.

Then push till it breaks and get an Originalist, Constructionist Court to take the Big 2nd A case.

Tell the States it's out of their hands.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:59:40 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline thackney

I'm sure the ACLU will take up protecting the residents' 2nd Amendment right any day now.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I'm sure the ACLU will take up protecting the residents' 2nd Amendment right any day now.

They always fight the good and just fights for all unless it is counter to their particular communistic view of which they support.   :whistle:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have a feeling there are going to be a lot more deer in the field in Deerfield.

And to my fellow Texans.....    They do have some big ass deer up there.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:38:56 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Can you store them in a storage unit out of city lines?

Offline WingNot

Deerfield is so lily white they even have white domestics.  No Waders or Blacks allowed in the city after dark.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Deerfield is a hoity-toity wealthy White suburban satellite village of Chicago with a plethora of McMansions and liberals plagued with white-guilt and privilege.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

"This is the first one that will require house to house searches to ensure compliance with the new ordinance."

Uh huh...

..and so it begins...

Chilling.

What will they search for next time they come by?

Where are the resident liberals at, the ones who tells us it can't happen here?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
"This is the first one that will require house to house searches to ensure compliance with the new ordinance."

Uh huh...

..and so it begins...

Chilling.

What will they search for next time they come by?

The tactic to fine and impoverish and ultimately seize the property (to force payment of the fine) of those who do not comply is a very effective tool to get compliance.

They think.

Offline thackney

Can you store them in a storage unit out of city lines?

Since they have no jurisdiction outside of their city limits, yes.

Offline thackney

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What will result is liberal neighbors calling city hall to report those neighbors they do not trust with having illegal firearms.

Then a search commences once they get a judge to sign off on a warrant - but before that - the fines.  Because it is the homeowner who has to prove that his residence does not have any contraband.

They'll start with apartments and rental units to force compliance with inspection crews from the village under the guise that each residence must be 'inspected' for compliance with village codes.   Then they'll move onto private residences after that. 

Offline mountaineer

What will result is liberal neighbors calling city hall to report those neighbors they do not trust with having illegal firearms.
No doubt. What also will result is a huge crime wave, as burglars, etc., take advantage of Deerfield's unarmed populace.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

They (Deerfield) should be doing what Kennesaw GA did back in the 80's!*

* Yes  Wingnut knows the ord was only symbolic

Offline RoosGirl

Deerfield is so lily white they even have white domestics.  No Waders or Blacks allowed in the city after dark.

You cannot be right about that.  Illinois is not a Southern state.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
My prediction:
Deerfield outlaws semi-autos.
Later, there will be a mass killing in Deerfield with a semi-auto.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline skeeter

Deerfield is a hoity-toity wealthy White suburban satellite village of Chicago with a plethora of McMansions and liberals plagued with white-guilt and privilege.

How long before the crew in the southside of Chicago proper gets word that theres easy pickins in Deerfield.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
My prediction:
Deerfield outlaws semi-autos.
Later, there will be a mass killing in Deerfield with a semi-auto.

Which will be cassus belli for the nitwits who live there to call for a nationwide ban on the possession and ownership of firearms.

Because even if they ban them to make themselves safe - other places allow them, and that is why such a hypothetical slaughter could take place.  SO the only way to uphold Deerfield's intent is for everyone in the country to be disarmed.

Except cops and government officials.

You know - just like in Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's one thing to pass something and quite another to actually enforce it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MajorClay

I forsee a lot of boating accidents.

Offline WingNot

It's one thing to pass something and quite another to actually enforce it.

Illinois Nazi's will find a away.

Offline goatprairie

If they can successfully ban semi-automatic firearms, what's to stop them from eventually banning all firearms? If some nut goes off with a non-automatic firearm, why, according to their "logic" should they stop at non-automatic weapons? They won't. They won't be happy until they have complete confiscation of all firearms.
Virtually every non-revolver handgun is semi-automatic. Do they think they'll be able to ban all those?
We'll see.

Offline WingNot

How long before the crew in the southside of Chicago proper gets word that theres easy pickins in Deerfield.

They better hope the CTA line ends well below the Deerfield city limits.