Author Topic: Breaking: Report: Possible Shooting At YouTube Headquarters In San Bruno  (Read 9778 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Breaking: Report: Possible Shooting At YouTube Headquarters In San Bruno
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2018, 04:06:47 pm »
@edpc
Hoodat,and hoo thetans?

That’s Catherine Bell from JAG.  She’s half Persian and a Scientologist.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2018, 04:13:03 pm »

That’s Catherine Bell from JAG.  She’s half Persian and a Scientologist.

@edpc

Ok,thanks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2018, 04:17:19 pm »
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Suspect-in-You-Tube-Shooting-Posted-Rants-About-the-Company-Online--478711713.html

Go to link for more, plus videos. She was nuts. But it wasn't a domestic situation, apparently.

Makes a reasonable person wonder where the "domestic" thing came from so quickly?

Yet another example of a perp that was "on the radar," of LE but they did nothing.

So once again the publlc outcry of "DO SOMETHING," should arise.

Her family was worried, and they SAID SOMETHING.

But Law Enforcement DID NOTHING.

Was she sleeping in her vehicle, when LE interviewed her? Was her handgun hidden a few yards away, under foliage?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2018, 04:27:59 pm »
Makes a reasonable person wonder where the "domestic" thing came from so quickly?

Yet another example of a perp that was "on the radar," of LE but they did nothing.

Her family was worried, and they SAID SOMETHING.

But Law Enforcement DID NOTHING.

Was she sleeping in her vehicle, when LE interviewed her? Was her handgun hidden a few yards away, under foliage?

I’d say I called it yesterday in post 37, but this was easily foreseeable, given the history of most shooters.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2018, 04:40:32 pm »

I’d say I called it yesterday in post 37, but this was easily foreseeable, given the history of most shooters.

Rush just mentioned on his radio broadcast that BOTH of her parents contacted authorities, warning she might "Do Something."

LEO had contact with her, but Did Nothing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2018, 05:00:24 pm »

@truth_seeker

Ahhh,you want LE to go "pro-active" and start detaining/arresting people based on the suspicion that they MIGHT do something!

You would have LOVED Stalinist Russia,Nazi Germany,or Italy under Mussolini.

Be VERY careful about what you wish for. People who DEMAND "order" from a government tend to get what they want,and a little more for good measure.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2018, 05:00:35 pm »
Everyone needs purpose in life. My take on what I have seen of her is that she was disillusioned with life itself so she threw herself into the 'animal rights' cause in a very extreme and fanatic way. The cause became her life. It became her reason for being.

When YouTube pulled the plug, she no longer had a reason to live in her way of thinking. But of course, these are just my own thoughts and musings.

It is odd, to say the least, that law enforcement was warned about this and even contacted her, and yet they did nothing once again. See something - say something, seems to have no meaning if law enforcement continually refuses to act even when they are given direct and specific information about a threat.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2018, 05:02:00 pm »
Rush just mentioned on his radio broadcast that BOTH of her parents contacted authorities, warning she might "Do Something."

LEO had contact with her, but Did Nothing.

@truth_seeker

She wasn't breaking any laws at the time they contacted her,so WHAT is it that you would have them do,arrest her on suspicion of being suspicious?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2018, 05:09:09 pm »
@truth_seeker

She wasn't breaking any laws at the time they contacted her,so WHAT is it that you would have them do,arrest her on suspicion of being suspicious?

How about making threats and being a harm to herself or others?

Offline thackney

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2018, 05:13:42 pm »

Did she actually make threats, or did parents just say she was missing?

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Gunshots-Youtube-Office-San-Bruno-478682453.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2018, 05:19:27 pm »
My guess is that she told her parents what she was going to do. That's why they called.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2018, 05:20:09 pm »

@truth_seeker

Ahhh,you want LE to go "pro-active" and start detaining/arresting people based on the suspicion that they MIGHT do something!

You would have LOVED Stalinist Russia,Nazi Germany,or Italy under Mussolini.

Be VERY careful about what you wish for. People who DEMAND "order" from a government tend to get what they want,and a little more for good measure.

I lean towards some further investigation, since both her parents contacted authorities.

Taking her "downtown" to the station for a few hours, is not like locking her up. California has a 72 hour "hold" for concerns about "safety of oneself and others."

Such a procedures might create an interruption, and therefore save lives.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2018, 05:23:02 pm »

@Sanguine

According to WHO? WHO reported that BEFORE she started shooting?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2018, 05:26:39 pm »
I lean towards some further investigation, since both her parents contacted authorities.

This is what they are saying AFTER she was dead.

IF her parents had called BEFORE this happened and told the cops she was a danger to herself and others,had been making threats,and had a gun,you can bet your ass they would have detained her for a court appearance.

There are threads here and on every other political board daily with people complaining about cops over-reacting and arresting/detaining people without cause,so what makes you think the cops in THIS particular case would ignore THAT legal excuse to exercise their authority? It defies all logic.

Offline thackney

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2018, 05:27:01 pm »

Taking her "downtown" to the station for a few hours, is not like locking her up. California has a 72 hour "hold" for concerns about "safety of oneself and others."

Such a procedures might create an interruption, and therefore save lives.

The news reports I have read said they reported her as missing.  Have you seen something more than that?

Offline thackney

« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2018, 05:30:00 pm »
MVPD statement regarding officers' interactions with woman responsible for YouTube shooting
http://www.mountainview.gov/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=1300&TargetID=9

We wanted to take a moment to further address the reports regarding Mountain View officers’ interactions with a woman responsible for the tragic event in San Bruno yesterday.

Around 1:40 am on Tuesday, April 3, Mountain View patrol officers proactively checked a license plate of a vehicle that was parked in a lot on the 600 block of Showers Drive. The license plate came back to a registered owner out of Southern California who had been reported missing on March 31 to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Office. We called the Sheriff’s Office to confirm the missing persons reports, and personnel there told us that in that report, the woman had been reported missing and “at risk” because she had never gone missing or left home before. We contacted the woman inside the vehicle, who was asleep, to check on her and to determine if she was the same person who had been reported missing.

The woman, identified as 38-year-old Manifee resident Nasim Aghdam, positively identified herself to us and told us during our contact with her that she had decided to leave her family’s home a few days prior due to family issues. She stated she had come to the area to stay with family and while she was currently living out of her vehicle, she was in the process of looking for a job. During our contact with her, she was asked a series of questions including, but not limited to, if she was a danger to herself or others. At no point during our roughly 20 minute interaction with her did she mention anything about YouTube, if she was upset with them, or that she had planned to harm herself or others. Throughout our entire interaction with her, she was calm and cooperative.

At the conclusion of our interaction with her, she in no way met any reason for us to speak with her further or possibly detain her. A short time later, we phoned her family to let them know she had been located. During that call, we spoke with both the woman’s father and her brother. The father confirmed to us that the family had been having issues at home, but did not act in any way concerned about why his daughter had left. At no point during that conversation did either Aghdam’s father or brother make any statements regarding the woman’s potential threat to, or a possible attack on, the YouTube campus. Also, there was no indication from either Aghdam or her family that she may have been in possession of any weapons.

Roughly one hour after our phone call to Aghdam’s family, her father called us back to let us know that she made a series of vegan videos for her channel on YouTube and that the company had recently done something to her videos that had caused her to become upset. Aghdam’s father stated that she may have been in the area because of this. He did not seemed concerned that she was in the area, and wanted to simply let us know that may have been a reason for her move up here. Once again, at no point did her father or brother mention anything about potential acts of violence or a possibility of Aghdam lashing out as a result of her issues with her videos. They remained calm throughout this second phone call.

The incident at YouTube on Tuesday was a tragedy. No one should ever feel unsafe in their workplace. We have full confidence in the investigative efforts of the San Bruno Police Department and their colleagues as they tackle this case.

The victims of this heinous act and their families are in our thoughts during this extremely difficult time.

- - - - - - - -

Modified to bold a couple points
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:32:06 pm by thackney »

Offline edpc

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2018, 05:37:46 pm »
During our contact with her, she was asked a series of questions including, but not limited to, if she was a danger to herself or others. At no point during our roughly 20 minute interaction with her did she mention anything about YouTube, if she was upset with them, or that she had planned to harm herself or others.

Because if she had told them she was armed and planned to shoot up the YouTube office, they would have been very stern with her and informed her that's not nice.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2018, 05:39:43 pm »

Blah blah blah

The victims of this heinous act and their families are in our thoughts during this extremely difficult time.

Blah Blah blah

- - - - - - - -

To cut to the chase.  The above BS was mearly CYA statement from the keystone Cop of MountainView.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:40:52 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2018, 08:34:46 pm »

Brother of YouTube shooter says he WARNED cops she might target YouTube HQ!

http://therightscoop.com/brother-of-youtube-shooter-says-he-warned-cops-she-might-target-youtube-hq/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2018, 08:38:32 pm »
That's why the family called the cops. The cops should have searched her for weapons.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2018, 08:47:22 pm »
I viewed several of her videos, and since I'm not an enthusiast of middle--eastern music, dance they didn't impress me.

When do we learn her life story? Birthplace, entry to US, schooling, profession (if any other than YouTube videos) etc.

FYI Menifee is in Riverside County, near Murrieta, Temecula etc. Newer and fairly nice.

It attracts folks for reason of price, willing to commute to the OC. People spend $$ for gallons of God's gasoline, and spend hours on the jammed highway, to get 2,000 sq. ft. versus 1,250 sq. ft.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2018, 11:29:15 pm »
@Sanguine

That's now what the cops or her mother and father are saying.

Yep.  And, some reports had them saying it earlier.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2018, 12:15:21 am »
Yep.  And, some reports had them saying it earlier.

@Sanguine

Sadly,it seems to be the norm now for media outlets to be in a hurry to throw anything into print in order to boost their "hits" so they can increase their ad rates. They don't seem to care if it's accurate or not.