Author Topic: New Book Claim: Trump May Be the Anonymous Source in News Reports  (Read 813 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Several here have speculated that Trump was the source of his own leaks.

Raise your hand, if, like me, it comes as absolutely no shock to hear President Trump is one of the biggest – if not the biggest – source for leaks coming from the White House.
Let’s keep in mind that this is the same Trump who would push stories to the press under the guise of “John Barron.”
In a new book, “The Trump White House: Changing the Rules of the Game,” author Ronald Kessler claims that often, when you see the term “senior White House official” to describe an anonymous source in a news story, that “senior White House official” is actually Trump.....

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/04/02/new-book-claim-trump-may-be-the-anonymous-source-news-reports/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: New Book Claim: Trump May Be the Anonymous Source in News Reports
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 07:27:02 pm »
Kessler goes on to suggest that for all Trump’s public rancor and fuming towards publications, such as the “failing” New York Times and Time Magazine, he really just wants their attention and favor.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 01:02:19 am »
It's plausible, but really, the author of this book has no more proof than we do.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 01:08:40 am »
It's plausible, but really, the author of this book has no more proof than we do.

Plausible?    You been pinching @corbe's stash?

Anonymous and Trump don't belong in the same sentence[1].

[1] Unlike, say, "Clinton" and "life".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 01:51:26 am »
@mystery-ak

I read about him years ago - yes, for years he called the New York Times and other newspapers as John Barron to tell them what Trump was doing so the Trump name would be in the newspapers weekly or more than weekly.  He hasn't changed his colors so wouldn't be surprised if he is doing what he always did.  He must be in the spotlight continually and is on the news almost every day since he became president.  He will tweet out ridiculous stuff, call people names, call organizations names, call companies names, call football players names, call congressmen/women names, threaten to cancel treaties, threaten to cancel trade agreements, threaten Amazon because he hates the owner, and he would shut down every news agency except Fox News.  The stock market is reeling with every tweet that affects commerce/business.

All this keeps news on him every single day; everything he says - it will be this way every single day he is president and when he isn't president, his rantings will be worse because he cannot stand just being "normal".  I put the TV on AMC and watch movie thrillers, old time gangster movies, Walking Dead, Fear of the Walking Dead, Terror series about looking for a northwest passage, Turner Movies of old, Lifetime love stories (gross), anything to keep from seeing/hearing him.

Other presidents did their work - we didn't hear/see them every single day and they didn't send out stupid messages every day that would set off the whole world and have our stock market reeling.  People have their savings in the market and they are terribly worried.  They will not vote for this megalomaniac again.  He assures a Democrat will be elected president.  Wait for the November election results as evidence how the next presidential election will turn out.  I doubt Republicans will do very well - they are attached to him.  I don't think the business world will ever vote for him again.  We live on a precipice every day, wondering what next crisis he will instigate that throws us off the precipice into disaster.

If you need something besides him, try the Terror series on AMC about the ships locked in the ice because they are looking for a northwest passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific ocean.  We are watching that right now.  They have to remove some ice from around the ships, two of them, or the pressure will crush the ships. Oh, gee, they have frozen rats to have food to eat.  Wow, a bear just ripped off the head of one of the crew.  This is calmer fare than happens every day with Little Chaos Trump.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 12:52:57 pm »
I have it on good authority that the actual "Anonymous source" is some guy named David Dennison who reportedly passes his information to a John Barron fellow who, in turn, leaks the info to someone named John Miller.

I will not reveal my sources.   :tongue2: