Author Topic: Donald Trump isn’t Winston Churchill. He’s Neville Chamberlain.  (Read 1544 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....Yet President Trump’s attempt to co-opt Churchill’s legacy is looking more perverse by the day. The United States is currently confronting a dictator who has seized territory from his neighbors by force, who is openly striving to undermine liberal democracy around the world, and who defies long-established rules of international behavior. Now Russian President Vladimir Putin stands accused of authoring a brazen attack in Britain against one of his opponents.
And Trump’s response? It can only be described as appeasement....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/democracy-post/wp/2018/04/02/donald-trump-isnt-winston-churchill-hes-neville-chamberlain/?utm_term=.747af72a61ae

Offline Frank Cannon

From the same writer at WaPo.....

Christopher Steele is a hero – and Americans owe him their thanks

Christian Caryl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/democracy-post/wp/2018/02/14/christopher-steele-is-a-hero-and-americans-owe-him-their-thanks/?utm_term=.d83e86c367f2

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Uh, yeah, I'll think I'll reserve judgement until I hear from somebody who isn't a partisan that hates Trump's guts.  It may be true, but I don't know from this article.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

Uh, yeah, I'll think I'll reserve judgement until I hear from somebody who isn't a partisan that hates Trump's guts.  It may be true, but I don't know from this article.
@Cyber Liberty

The article says, "Now, to make matters worse, we have learned the U.S. expulsions are not quite what they were made out to be. On March 29, Russian state television reported that a U.S. official had quietly given the Kremlin an exemption: the Russians are welcome to replace those 60 who were expelled whenever they wish, thus effectively transforming what was supposed to be a harsh deterrent into a minor inconvenience."

Trump is beholden to Putin, will say nothing bad about him while he, Trump, trashes every other person on earth....?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:34:52 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

The article says, "Now, to make matters worse, we have learned the U.S. expulsions are not quite what they were made out to be. On March 29, Russian state television reported that a U.S. official had quietly given the Kremlin an exemption: the Russians are welcome to replace those 60 who were expelled whenever they wish, thus effectively transforming what was supposed to be a harsh deterrent into a minor inconvenience."

Trump is beholden to Putin, will say nothing bad about him while he, Trump, trashes every other person on earth....?

Like I said, I will wait for a credible new source on that.  WaPo, with a raging anti-Trumper writing, is no longer somebody who's word I can take alone.  And you know I'm not a Trump cheerleader.  I have no doubt that some other news source will pick this up, it's a big story.  Then I can consider it corroborated.

Even in the days of Obama I didn't have this much doubt about WaPo and NYT.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Cyber Liberty

And you believe this Communist apparatchik writer for what reason exactly?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
And you believe this Communist apparatchik writer for what reason exactly?

I'll take "Birds of a feather" for 1000 Alex.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline musiclady

You believe Victoria is a communist?

That’s downright bizarre.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Donald Trump isn’t Winston Churchill. He’s Neville Chamberlain.

Nah. He's Tumpy the Clown.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Can't answer for Mr. Nut, but I would trust you and @Victoria33 with my life.  It's the WaPo I have trouble with, and only until I hear this story from somewhere else.  Then I'll be good. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

:thumbsup:

If we haven’t yet caught on to the media’s 99 percent left wing hatred for Donald Trump, then shame on us.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't know. If people are quoting the equivalent of Mao's Red Book, is there some other impression one can have?

Offline Victoria33

Can't answer for Mr. Nut, but I would trust you and @Victoria33 with my life.  It's the WaPo I have trouble with, and only until I hear this story from somewhere else.  Then I'll be good. :shrug:
@Cyber Liberty

I'll quickly check and see if I can find another source.  What I said is Trump says nothing bad about Putin when he trashes everyone else on earth.  I stick by that 100%.  Also, when Trump was heading for his first bankruptcy, he got money from a Russian bank.  There is a Russian who rents a whole floor at Trump Tower.  Remember, during the campaign, Kushner, or was that Donald, Jr.?, went to the Russian Embassy to get a secure way to contact someone in Russia.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I'll quickly check and see if I can find another source.  What I said is Trump says nothing bad about Putin when he trashes everyone else on earth.  I stick by that 100%.  Also, when Trump was heading for his first bankruptcy, he got money from a Russian bank.  There is a Russian who rents a whole floor at Trump Tower.  Remember, during the campaign, Kushner, or was that Donald, Jr.?, went to the Russian Embassy to get a secure way to contact someone in Russia.

No hurry, @Victoria33 I will be looking too.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

I see this sentence on numerous news outlets:  "Washington (AFP) - Russia is free to apply to accredit more diplomats to replace the alleged spies that have been expelled from the United States, a State Department official said Friday."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
For leaders, Trump said some unflattering things about North Korea's leaders but as for

Duterte, Macron, Xi, Abe, no words. There goes the theory that he puts down other world leaders.

Offline aligncare

@Cyber Liberty

Russians are ubiquitous in New York City and boroughs, hundreds of thousands coming in since the eighties. They rent, own condos and buildings and own businesses. Next you’ll tell me it’s suspicious Trump had Russian dressing on his salad, exclamation point.

Offline musiclady

I don't know. If people are quoting the equivalent of Mao's Red Book, is there some other impression one can have?

Yes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

The Trump circus, well, we might as well get some graphics to go with it...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Cyber Liberty

Do tell @Victoria33 ... just what is the President beholden to Putin for?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Russians are ubiquitous in New York City and boroughs, hundreds of thousands coming in since the eighties. They rent, own condos and buildings and own businesses. Next you’ll tell me it’s suspicious Trump had Russian dressing on his salad, exclamation point.

When are you going to stop intruding on fantasy with truth @aligncare ?   :laugh:

Offline aligncare

Do tell @Victoria33 ... just what is the President beholden to Putin for?

Collusion. Haven’t you been watching the news?

Offline Victoria33

Mueller is doing his job.  I'll wait on his report.

Offline TomSea

I will say one thing, we can mess with Russian interests but they can do the same thing to us. We will see how this pans out, I don't trust Putin, but not to a degree where we would be in a proxy war with them, that's what some say Syria is.  Syria is not worth it. We won't see Europe attacked.  Just play by the rule book. Yes, I believe Trump has been too complacent with Putin... how we will see.

With North Korea, I think someone in the Admin or Pentagon said, China was helping us, and then, Russia would undo the good China did, by evading the sanctions, etc.

There is also a chance, a lot of these hostile feeling harm the greater good. I'm sure the Russians killed that spy and that is not acceptable.  At the same time, this dossier stuff, may well be doing damage.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Mueller is doing his job.  I'll wait on his report.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."