Author Topic: 'Playboy' Strips Pages from Facebook Because Platform Is ‘Contradicting Our Values'  (Read 628 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Man Zuckerborg, you must really suck at facebook if you lost Playboy!

Craig Bannister By Craig Bannister | March 28, 2018 | 12:52 PM EDT

Facebook will be stripped of its “Playboy” magazine pages because the social media giant contradicts the publication’s “values,” a “Playboy” executive has announced.

“Playboy” is also offended by Facebook’s “sexually repressive” stance, the son of the magazine’s founder said, “Variety” reports:

In a tweet Tuesday evening, Playboy chief creative officer Cooper Hefner — son of the late Hugh Hefner, the mag’s famed founder — said, “We are stepping away from Facebook.”

“Facebook’s content guidelines and corporate policies continue contradicting our values,” the exec wrote. “We’ve tried to craft our voice for the platform, which in our opinion continues to be sexually repressive.”

Hefner added, “Learning of the recent meddling in a free U.S. election further demonstrates another concern we have of how they handle users’ data.”
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/playboy-strips-pages-facebook-because-platform-contradicting-our-values
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Playboy?  Values?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Playboy?  Values?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

They have some, such as they are, and I can see how Bookface violates them.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

It seems to me that everyone knew Fakebook sucked and they now have an excuse to flush them and forget them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It seems to me that everyone knew Fakebook sucked and they now have an excuse to flush them and forget them.

I imagine a lot of people are starting to think Bookface is more trouble than it's worth.  Zuckerjerkwad has no idea how PO'ed people are at what he's been doing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: