Author Topic: Trump Declares Amazon A “Scam” In Early Morning Tweet Rager (What Set Him Off, This Time?)  (Read 3779 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Susan Wright
https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/03/31/trump-declares-amazon-scam-early-morning-tweet-rager-set-off-time/

Make no mistake. President Trump’s attacks on Amazon have nothing to do with what he considers to be unfair practices, and everything to do with envy over Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos’ wealth.

Trump’s worship of the superficial is like a blade cutting to his core, when he sees Bezos’ name at the top of the World’s Richest list. The man has surpassed the wealth of even Bill Gates. In comparison to Bezos’ wealth, Trump is a pauper.

What’s more, Bezos wasn’t a child of privilege and didn’t start out with a rich daddy to hand off a multimillion dollar business to him . . .

. . . He built Amazon from the ground up, starting with just books, moving on to music and movies, and eventually expanded to the all-encompassing entity that it is, now.

Seriously. If you can’t order it from Amazon, it probably doesn’t exist.

It’s a successful business model, because it provides a service that is convenient and necessary . . .

. . . Trump’s Saturday morning nonsense included lashing out at Amazon on Twitter . . . Trump has been pushing for the postal service to raise rates on Amazon. A man with multiple bankruptcies and failed business ventures either doesn’t get how that will pass costs down to the consumers, or just doesn’t care . . . A recent report on Trump’s mania quotes sources who suggest Trump snaps whenever the Washington Post prints another unflattering picture of his presidency. Bezos owns WaPo, so, ipso facto, Bezos must be picking on him, right?

There’s no evidence to suggest Bezos is using the Washington Post as his personal weapon to target Trump.

Just as there is no evidence to support Trump’s claims of Amazon hurting the USPS . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's the old story, folks. Bezos built a better mouse trap---so the cats want to gang up on him.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline aligncare

Bezos may be a jerk, and he is, but Amazon is awesome! Leave my Amazon be!

Offline DB

By Susan Wright
https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/03/31/trump-declares-amazon-scam-early-morning-tweet-rager-set-off-time/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's the old story, folks. Bezos built a better mouse trap---so the cats want to gang up on him.

So who the hell (a void in time and space according to the pope) does Trump think sets the pricing of the USPS???

Amazon?

What?

Offline DB

He's probably never actually used Amazon. He has no need to. He just tells someone to go get this or that.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
He's probably never actually used Amazon. He has no need to. He just tells someone to go get this or that.

Does Amazon sell gold plated commodes?  If not....nope ,  the Orange whizzer has never use Amazon.com
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Rivergirl

Trump trashed Macy's for not selling his ties, then he went after Starbucks because he didn't like their Christmas coffee cup, next up was Nordstrom's because they stopped selling Ivanka stuff................now it's Amazon when he relly hates Bezos.   What or who is next for the 'royal' treatment.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:22:43 pm by Rivergirl »

Offline EasyAce

Does Amazon sell gold plated commodes?  If not....nope ,  the Orange whizzer has never use Amazon.com
They sell steel and chrome plated commodes. The kind normally used for the homebound ill.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

@aligncare
I started using Amazon in the early Aughts, when I noticed two things about my favourite book stores and record (well, CD) stores:
more often than not, they seemed to have staffers who really knew about as much about literature and music as the average
Congressman knows about organic chemistry. For rebuilding and expanding my home library, and for finding boatloads of other
things I use regularly---like a 200-piece cache of Electrolux vacuum cleaner bags at a price that made it come out to about 50
cents a bag (yes, I'm old fashioned enough to despise bagless machines where you get it in the face when dumping out the
dirt cups/chambers, and I hated upright cleaners even before that)---Amazon's been a godsend.

And I couldn't help thinking every so often: if Borders and Tower Records had smelled the proverbial coffee early and often enough
and built a solid Web presence to augment their brick-and-mortars, they might still be alive today. Just as Barnes & Noble is.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:29:03 pm by EasyAce »

Offline DB

@aligncare
And I couldn't help thinking every so often: if Borders and Tower Records had smelled the proverbial coffee early and often enough
and built a solid Web presence to augment their brick-and-mortars, they might still be alive today. Just as Barnes & Noble is.

If they had used their locations as both public access and distribution centers with a huge Web presence they would have been hard to beat. For many locations they could have had same day delivery without a huge cost.

Offline RoosGirl

USPS, by law, is not allowed to ship anything for less than it costs them.  Trump is full of Trump, and please, someone take his bleep phone away from him.

Offline EasyAce

If they had used their locations as both public access and distribution centers with a huge Web presence they would have been hard to beat. For many locations they could have had same day delivery without a huge cost.
@DB
Bull's eye!

I remember Tower having two huge stores---one in San Francisco, one in Long Beach (southern California). Between them plus stores they had in Las Vegas
and Phoenix and Seattle, and their major distro centers, they could have owned same- or next-day delivery in the western U.S.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I miss Tower records. Sometimes life does stink.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EasyAce

I miss Tower records. Sometimes life does stink.
@Freya
The only thing better was the old Record World/record department at Times Square Stores in New York and on Long Island.
They had the best and most extensive blues and jazz sections of any record store I ever knew.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Freya
The only thing better was the old Record World/record department at Times Square Stores in New York and on Long Island.
They had the best and most extensive blues and jazz sections of any record store I ever knew.

I remember the Tower records in Times Square. I also miss the Toys R Us in Times Square. 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Actually, there was a report that his campaign extensively used Amazon for office supplies.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DB

Actually, there was a report that his campaign extensively used Amazon for office supplies.

He is not his campaign.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Consumers are already getting taxed 2 and in many States 3 to 4 times, possibly more, on the same dollar.

1: Federal Income Tax

2: State Income Tax

3: State Sales Tax

4: The Federal Consumption Tax (Corporate Income Tax)

And people are bitching about Amazon beating the States on Sales Taxes?

Amazon's not the villain on that score. Grubbermints are.

As for adapt or die: yes, Amazon built a better business model, which doesn't make them the villain either.

Guitar Center (brick and mortar) is expected to go under too, due to online music gear retailer competition.

! No longer available
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Concerned

Consumers are already getting taxed 2 and in many States 3 to 4 times, possibly more, on the same dollar.

1: Federal Income Tax

2: State Income Tax

3: State Sales Tax

4: The Federal Consumption Tax (Corporate Income Tax)

And people are bitching about Amazon beating the States on Sales Taxes?

Amazon's not the villain on that score. Grubbermints are.

As for adapt or die: yes, Amazon built a better business model, which doesn't make them the villain either.

Guitar Center (brick and mortar) is expected to go under too, due to online music gear retailer competition.

goopo  Yes, I think we should be celebrating those who innovate and come up with better business models not vilifying them.  This reminds me of Obama's wacky "You didn't build it" but now it's "You didn't pay taxes".  Unfortunately, rather than being upset at Amazon due to any real issue of substance, I suspect the President is simply using the bully pulpit of his office in a petty attempt at settling some personal beef he has with Jeff Bezos most probably because he owns The Washington Post.   *****rollingeyes*****
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline aligncare

goopo  Yes, I think we should be celebrating those who innovate and come up with better business models not vilifying them.  This reminds me of Obama's wacky "You didn't build it" but now it's "You didn't pay taxes".  Unfortunately, rather than being upset at Amazon due to any real issue of substance, I suspect the President is simply using the bully pulpit of his office in a petty attempt at settling some personal beef he has with Jeff Bezos most probably because he owns The Washington Post.   *****rollingeyes*****

To be sure, there are beefs between Trump and Bezos going back many years, but I submit the real offence here is Bezos’ use of the Washington Post as his personal bludgeon to settle scores with Trump, not Trump using the office to get back at Bezos.

Offline Concerned

To be sure, there are beefs between Trump and Bezos going back many years, but I submit the real offence here is Bezos’ use of the Washington Post as his personal bludgeon to settle scores with Trump, not Trump using the office to get back at Bezos.

The Post has been liberal waaaaay before Bezos bought the paper.  The Post has long gone after Republicans with more zealousness than Democrats.  If Bezos is truly using "the Washington Post as his personal bludgeon to settle scores with Trump", hopefully someone will post definitive proof of that assertion from a legitimate source.  Both Bezos and the editor of the Post, Marty Baron, have denied that Bezos has been involved in editorial or news content (but does involve himself in technical issues like web-page load times):

"When he bought the Post, there was speculation that Bezos wanted to control the editorial product. Bezos says he has no such interest, and Baron confirms Bezos doesn’t suggest coverage."

http://fortune.com/amazon-jeff-bezos-prime/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The Post has been liberal waaaaay before Bezos bought the paper.  The Post has long gone after Republicans with more zealousness than Democrats.  If Bezos is truly using "the Washington Post as his personal bludgeon to settle scores with Trump", hopefully someone will post definitive proof of that assertion from a legitimate source.  Both Bezos and the editor of the Post, Marty Baron, have denied that Bezos has been involved in editorial or news content (but does involve himself in technical issues like web-page load times):

"When he bought the Post, there was speculation that Bezos wanted to control the editorial product. Bezos says he has no such interest, and Baron confirms Bezos doesn’t suggest coverage."

I know this is my memory and testimony here, but I have noticed a change in style since Bezos bought the paper.

Before, they used standard headlines. Now, the Post would not be unique in having its own headline style: The New York Times has long had its own style (preposition, women or minority group, comma, premise, with all abbreviations or acronyms written with a period and space between each letter; i.e., N. F. L., not NFL). But after Bezos, they have tended to specialize in a particular form: two complete sentences, the second of which contradicts the first.

"Trump says ___. It isn't even remotely true."

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Concerned

I know this is my memory and testimony here, but I have noticed a change in style since Bezos bought the paper.

Before, they used standard headlines. Now, the Post would not be unique in having its own headline style: The New York Times has long had its own style (preposition, women or minority group, comma, premise, with all abbreviations or acronyms written with a period and space between each letter; i.e., N. F. L., not NFL). But after Bezos, they have tended to specialize in a particular form: two complete sentences, the second of which contradicts the first.

"Trump says ___. It isn't even remotely true."

Perhaps they point out things like Trump saying something that "isn't even remotely true" because..........wait for it..............he says so many things that aren't "even remotely true"?   

Even if there's a recent change in style, perhaps that due to the paper reacting to the degradation of dialogue under this President (e.g., name-calling, petty squabbles, etc).  Perhaps it's due to changes in the Post's staff or editors or their headline policy.  Sure, it also could be a result of Bezos' involvement, direction, or management, but I just haven't seen any evidence of that, and both Bezos and the editor deny that.  Sure, they could be lying, but I haven't seen any evidence of that either.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Concerned

When I 1st self published my books on Amazon I looked into generating revenue by running Amazon Ads on my Author blog.

Nope. No could do.

Because Amazon didn't want to be bothered with State to State legal requirements to collect State Sales Taxes in States that charged their Citizens for them.

So that's one More place the Grubbermint Taxocracy screwed me.

"You didn't build that." Obama

And they're going to make damn sure you Don't 'Build That' either.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:03:52 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

You’re right. There have always been liberally slanted stories at the Washington Post...a few, on page 6 or 8. But mostly there were factual stories of the day and then a few biased stories in between.

Not like we see today, with a daily drumbeat of relentless front page attacks – every story, every day – using innuendo and agitprop about the president as front page news.

There used to be factual reporting and great journalism practiced on the pages of the Washington post. Not like Bezos’ naked vendetta to stop Donald Trump’s election and try to bring down a duly elected president – who has done nothing wrong by the way – except win an election.

No, WaPo has fallen far from simple, liberal criticisms of the president to printing slanderous demonizations in a disgraceful misuse of free speech protections of the press.