Author Topic: Sessions declines to appoint second special counsel  (Read 700 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sessions declines to appoint second special counsel
« on: March 29, 2018, 10:14:37 pm »
Sessions declines to appoint second special counsel
By Brandon Conradis and Jacqueline Thomsen - 03/29/18 05:03 PM EDT

Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed in a letter to lawmakers Thursday that he had declined to name a second special counsel to investigate allegations of surveillance abuse within the Department of Justice (DOJ), despite pressure from the Republican Party for him to do so.

In his letter to GOP committee chairmen Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Bob Goodlatte (Va.) and Trey Gowdy (S.C.), Sessions said the appointment of a special counsel only occurs under "the most 'extraordinary circumstances.'"

"To justify such an appointment, the Attorney General would need to conclude that 'the public interest would be served by removing a large degree of responsibility for the matter from the Department of Justice,'" Sessions wrote.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/380915-sessions-reveals-federal-prosecutor-investigating-fbi-allegations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Sessions declines to appoint second special counsel
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 01:55:55 am »
I saw Jonathan Turley on Fox Business who said Sessions did not entirely preclude a special counsel in the future. He said the Utah Prosecutor John Huber has prosecutory power. Also, he can get up and running faster than a special counsel. Maybe it's the right move.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 02:29:51 am »
I saw Jonathan Turley on Fox Business who said Sessions did not entirely preclude a special counsel in the future. He said the Utah Prosecutor John Huber has prosecutory power. Also, he can get up and running faster than a special counsel. Maybe it's the right move.

Maybe...if not, us producers need to go on strike.

Shut the f'cer down.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 04:11:59 am »
Maybe...if not, us producers need to go on strike.

Shut the f'cer down.

I like it. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 04:15:53 am »
I like it.

Yeah, well you also told me you liked Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 11:57:40 am »

Oh, please.  It was no Beat Street.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 01:49:17 pm »

Wasn't me, Frank.  I only liked their first album.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 01:22:29 am »
So ... can we expect anything positive to come from weasel Sessions?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Leto

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 03:08:11 am »
Huber has been working with IG Horowitz likely since LAST JULY AUGUST timeframe.

That is why some people have been demoted and not fired. See these articles from Conservative Treehouse about what is actually going on and WHY Trump isn't in the loop.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/29/ag-sessions-letter-to-house-and-senate-highlights-a-lengthy-review-by-prosecutor-john-w-huber/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/29/jonathan-turley-discusses-stunning-power-of-ig-horowitz-and-federal-prosecutor-huber-tag-team/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/30/deal-or-no-deal-theres-a-transparency-within-two-factions-of-doj-and-fbi-political-small-group/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/31/judiciary-chairman-bob-goodlatte-discusses-prosecutor-huber-and-mccabe-firing/

Why slow walking the delivery of documents to congress not that a lot of the bad actors have been pushed to the side?
Sessions just a moron or....... THE documents are part of an ONGOING CRIMINAL INVESTIGASTION. Horowitz's reports(s) and the indictments are forthcoming.

Stop getting misled by the MSM
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters