Author Topic: Netflix Names Ambassador Susan Rice to Board of Directors  (Read 748 times)

Online mountaineer

Netflix Names Ambassador Susan Rice to Board of Directors
« on: March 28, 2018, 06:40:43 pm »
Netflix Names Ambassador Susan Rice to Board of Directors
9:05 AM PDT 3/28/2018 by Paul Bond
Full story at Hollywood Reporter

Rice served under two presidents and was thrust into the limelight after four Americans died in Benghazi.

Netflix has added Obama administration official Susan Rice to its board of directors.

Rice, 53, was U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and served for four years as President Barack Obama's national security advisor, which was when she was thrust into the limelight due to the 2012 attack on Benghazi, Libya.

In the days and weeks following Benghazi, Rice appeared on TV news shows saying that the violence was a spontaneous reaction to a YouTube video that insulted Islam, though conservative media maintained that it was a coordinated terrorist attack and that Rice was blaming a video to make it appear that Islamic terrorism was largely a thing of the past under Obama. Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham were among those who said Rice was participating in a political cover-up to boost Obama in an election year, and eventually the president acknowledged the attacks on Benghazi were pre-planned terrorism.   ...

In midday trading, shares of Netflix were down 4 percent while the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up fractionally.

Saving America  @SavingAmerica4U
2h2 hours ago
🔴Netflix Hires Susan Rice on board of directors while Barack Obama is still in negotiating to produce the content for @netflix.
Netflix obviously doesn't care about the fact that Susan Rice repeatedly lied about Benghazi and the unmasking of American citizens
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: Netflix Names Ambassador Susan Rice to Board of Directors
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 06:41:45 pm »
Dana Loesch Calls Out Susan Rice Over Netflix Board Appointment
Katie Jerkovich
Entertainment Reporter
2:13 PM 03/28/2018

Dana Loesch absolutely crushed former U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice after she was appointed Wednesday to the Netflix board of directors.

“The perfect place for a former staffer who blamed a terror attack on a poorly-made short film released long before said attack took place,” the Conservative commentator tweeted in response to the Rice news.   ... More at Daily Caller

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 06:48:33 pm »
If no one is paying attention, Netflix is going out of business. They have shitty content movie wise and their original programming is bankrupting them. Amazon and the other streamers are spending a 1/3 of the cash for programming than Netflix with greater results.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 07:02:42 pm »
People are threatening to cancel their Netflix subscriptions after former UN Ambassador Susan Rice was named to its board
Jason Guerrasio
17m

...  "We are delighted to welcome Ambassador Rice to the Netflix board," Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said in a statement on Wednesday. "For decades, she has tackled difficult, complex global issues with intelligence, integrity and insight and we look forward to benefiting from her experience and wisdom."

But critics of Rice disagreed with Hastings' characterization, and they voiced their displeasure on social media platforms like Twitter, where Rice was called a "liar" and a "criminal" by various users.

Why did the appointment of Rice lead to such anger?  ...
Business Insider

I've never used Netflix or any other streaming service. Nevertheless, I'm not brokenhearted that their stock is sinking.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 07:10:47 pm »
I've been a Netflix subscriber since the early days of the $8.35 monthly fee.   

The puting of that c unit on the board might be the final straw for me.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 08:16:18 pm »
What a strange hire.  I looked her bio up, thinking maybe she had an unused business degree or something, but no.  She majored in History, Philosophy and International Affairs.  Her father was on the Fed board.  She brings absolutely no expertise to the company.  None.

Maybe they meant this Susan Rice?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/susan-rice-27985aa4
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 08:33:53 pm »

Dan Bongino  Verified account @dbongino
4h4 hours ago

I wonder if she’s going to unmask your movie selections?? #AskingForAFriend

:silly:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 08:00:34 pm »
Yahoo probably is outraged:

Conservatives Are Boycotting Netflix After It Named Obama Official Susan Rice to Board of Directors

Newsweek•March 29, 2018

Some conservatives are promoting a campaign to boycott Netflix over the streaming service's announcement that a former Obama and Clinton official was appointed to its board of directors.

"#BoycottNetflix this crap is unbelievable! Susan Rice is a liar and thief," tweeted Trudy Mallon, whose Twitter account bio describes him as a "builder, Real Estate Agent constitutional conservative, military supporter."

"Canceled my Netflix and sell my stock," Mallon added.   ...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 08:05:32 pm »
Wild Wild Country is a pretty good Netflix production on the Bahgwan Rajneesh movement in the 80s.  Interesting that they’d produce that show, then hire a member of the Obama cult.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.