Author Topic: David Hogg Got Rejected By Some Major Colleges, Now He’s Dissing Them  (Read 7024 times)

Offline Applewood

Chance McClainâ„¢   @TexasChance
@JesseKellyDC so the David Hogg phenomenon...how can he be fixed? Like what does it take for people like him to see the light?

Doctor Jesse Kelly®  Verified account @JesseKellyDC
Doctor Jesse Kelly® Retweeted Chance McClain™
Better parents. Any 17 year old who can make an ass of himself that consistently is lacking a father willing to take him by the ear and tell him to stop being a moron.

I agree.  He and a lot of other kids need some real parenting -- the way most of us were brought up.  I know my parents would never have tolerated behavior like Hogg's.  They sure as hell would not allow me to roam the countryside spreading nonsense instead of hitting the books. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chance McClainâ„¢   @TexasChance
@JesseKellyDC so the David Hogg phenomenon...how can he be fixed? Like what does it take for people like him to see the light?

Doctor Jesse Kelly®  Verified account @JesseKellyDC
Doctor Jesse Kelly® Retweeted Chance McClain™
Better parents. Any 17 year old who can make an ass of himself that consistently is lacking a father willing to take him by the ear and tell him to stop being a moron.

I am sure this apple doesn't fall to far from the tree....they are no doubt coaching him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I didn't get out of any college courses until I was on campus and actually took a test.  :shrug:
Well that's way better than the way I did it

I just found that working a forty hour week and insane professors resulted real anger issues, then I got married at nineteen and just never worked up the desire to go back. Something must have been right about the decision because I'm still married forty two years later.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I am sure this apple doesn't fall to far from the tree....they are no doubt coaching him
I wonder if his parents coached him to call those colleges that didn't accept him  dumbasses? Why wouldn't any college  want such an erudite and well spoken attention whore as a member of their student body?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder if his parents coached him to call those colleges that didn't accept him  dumbasses? Why wouldn't any college  want such an erudite and well spoken attention whore as a member of their student body?

They must be full of old-ass people who can't operate a text message or a Democracy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LadyLiberty wrote:
"He reminds me of banjo boy in Deliverance."

How dare you insult Banjo Billy Redden?
He worked hard in the film and got paid $50 (if I recall correctly)!

More 'un that Hogg kid ever "worked"...

Offline goatprairie

LadyLiberty wrote:
"He reminds me of banjo boy in Deliverance."

How dare you insult Banjo Billy Redden?
He worked hard in the film and got paid $50 (if I recall correctly)!

More 'un that Hogg kid ever "worked"...
One unknown (or barely known) item about the film is that Redden never played the banjo. They used a real banjo player, and special clothes and camera angles to make it seem like Redden was really playing. He was picked for the part because the director, John Boorman,  wanted an actor who looked like the stereotype inbred hillbilly. Redden fit the part. How would you like to get a role like that? Sort of a slam against Southerners or hill people.
Another aside, Redden said he didn't much like Burt Reynolds. He liked Tim Burton (who chose him to play a cameo as the banjo player in one of his films) a lot more.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:55:24 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
goat wrote:
"One unknown (or barely known) item about the film is that Redden never played the banjo. They used a real banjo player, and special clothes and camera angles to make it seem like Redden was really playing."

That's not news to me -- knew it many years ago.
But most folks aren't aware of it.

Offline berdie

I'm sure it's not
just me but this kid has a face I would  love to slap...and then send to his room.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm sure it's not
just me but this kid has a face I would  love to slap...and then send to his room.

Just slap?  You are much more kind than I.  I was thinking of keeping my fingers closer to my palm.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

My son, in high school, which is in the NASA area, south of Houston, took advanced math, chemistry and English, graduating in the early 1970s, was admitted early to Rice University in Houston, and they only take 500 new students a year.  His SAT score was so high, he was automatically made a member of MENSA at Rice.  In the summer before Rice started, he took two "place out" tests in English and History and placed out of both, and was put in advanced Chemistry and Math then.  He could start his degree choice courses instead of having to take regular Freshmen classes.  His major was Space Physics/Astronomy.

I graduated from high school in 1951.  There were no school counselors then; no one to advise you. Took courses in the summer at Kilgore Jr. College, then went to East Texas University in the fall (now is A&M at Commerce), and had to take tests.  Had to go to an advisor for him to discuss my results.  Went to see him and he said, "You can take anything you want, I don't need to talk to you."  I was out of there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:41:52 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

I wouldn't be surprised if Princeton or Yale University offered Hogg a place.  His scores are good and he has "excelled" in leading an outcry about weapons.  Universities look for more than grades; they want grades and something else the person excels in, and he has done that.  He would put a university in the news.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wouldn't be surprised if Princeton or Yale University offered Hogg a place.  His scores are good and he has "excelled" in leading an outcry about weapons.  Universities look for more than grades; they want grades and something else the person excels in, and he has done that.  He would put a university in the news.

Cornell.  He's just the kind of SJW they love, full of big mouth and recklessness.  He'll probably get a full boat scholarship.
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I worked at NASA for 31 yrs. I was also able to get into Mensa with my SAT scores(took in 71) but I cheated(don't tell). I was on mind altering drugs at the time.

No Rice for me. Cougar High on the GI Bill.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:42:52 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I was a complete failure in high school and collefefe
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Here's why he got rejected from UCLA.

The 25th percentile New SAT score is 1250, and the 75th percentile SAT score is 1500.

In other words, a 1250 places you below average, while a 1500 will move you up to above average.

http://www.prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleges/UCLA-SAT-scores-GPA

He scored 1270 on the SAT.  Schools are probably seeing his GPA and SAT score doesn't jibe.  When you have a GPA above 4.0, you're taking advanced courses.  He's either getting some padded grades or he's not really retaining knowledge of what he learns.  Seems like the kid is pretty consistent - at being a fraud.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:11:29 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I had a 15 on the ACT. 940 on the SAQT.   Solid 1.9 GPA.   888high58888  I was going places. 
My HS counselor said The Army might be an option.  I told him I wanted to fly.  He said he wanted to marry a super model.  Some dreams are not meant to be. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I agree.  He and a lot of other kids need some real parenting -- the way most of us were brought up.  I know my parents would never have tolerated behavior like Hogg's.  They sure as hell would not allow me to roam the countryside spreading nonsense instead of hitting the books.

I had  to show my homework every night to either mom or dad. I was expected to do it. No Tv. I toOk extra curricular courses so I could get into college and mom or dad checked those too. If my grades weren't honor roll from 6th grade throughout college I was in trouble. And I put myself through college and graduate school without any monitory help from my folks.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
For some reason I think this young man is going to have a rude awaking when he grows up.

I don't think he'll be able to have the tools to handle it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

For some reason I think this young man is going to have a rude awaking when he grows up.

I don't think he'll be able to have the tools to handle it.

Why? He is no different then the balless "men" who populate the party he pimps for.

Online mountaineer

Hoggwash has a Reddit account under the name Davisgreen111. He's been complaining about college admissions for quite a while, it turns out.
As you might expect, it's full of profanity and ungrammatical nonsense.

More about the Reddit musings of David "davisgreen111" Hogg at Blunt Force Truth

Extra circulars? Could he possibly mean extracurriculars?  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

Well, he DID mention circles earlier in his screed ...
 :nometalk:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Hoggwash has a Reddit account under the name Davisgreen111. He's been complaining about college admissions for quite a while, it turns out.

More about the Reddit musings of David "davisgreen111" Hogg at Blunt Force Truth

That might explain all the attention-seeking: because he sees no hope getting into the job market (and I can relate to that), he's currying fame with progressives and leftists in an effort to make himself famous and secure more lucrative work reserved for the well-known and well-connected.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Some people have test anxiety, but it's more likely his GPA is not an accurate measure of his real intellect. He's very unimpressive, when he's not allowed to fully rehearse what he supposed to say.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I went to your link, and from the article I drilled down to the Reddit account to look at some of the entries.  After reading some of it, I'm surprised he wasn't the kid shooting up the school.
I will NOT comply.