Author Topic: Marquette forum calls university seal a 'microaggression'  (Read 541 times)

rangerrebew

Marquette forum calls university seal a 'microaggression'
« on: March 28, 2018, 12:35:06 pm »
Marquette forum calls university seal a 'microaggression'
Zachary Petrizzo

Wisconsin Campus Correspondent

on Mar 27, 2018 at 2:33 PM EDT

During a recent forum at Marquette University, students and faculty members enthusiastically agreed that the university's seal is a "microaggression" because it depicts a white explorer being guided by a Native American.
According to one professor at the forum, the seal shows how Marquette's namesake, French explorer Fr. Jacques Marquette, "took advantage of an economic disparity to have a Native American as his guide."

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10697

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Marquette forum calls university seal a 'microaggression'
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 01:13:31 pm »
Ignorance dressed up as moral outrage is still ignorance.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Marquette forum calls university seal a 'microaggression'
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 01:21:31 pm »
This will continue as long as these  institutions of Higher Indoctrination tilt further to the left.   Once enrollment drops the balance will return.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."