Author Topic: Media to Baby Boomers: Only chain migration will care for you  (Read 350 times)

rangerrebew

Media to Baby Boomers: Only chain migration will care for you

Published: 
Mon, Mar 26th 2018 @ 2:31 pm EDT  by  Jeremy Beck

The New York Times offers a creative argument for continuing chain migration:

"About 10,000 baby boomers turn 65 every day, and more than half will need long-term care, according to the Pew Research Center. Already, home-care agencies and elderly-care facilities are struggling to recruit."

A labor shortage story! Without the rising wages, of course (as always).

Something else is missing: actual evidence that Americans can't be lured into these jobs.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/media-baby-boomers-only-chain-migration-will-care-you

Offline skeeter

Re: Media to Baby Boomers: Only chain migration will care for you
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 02:12:36 pm »
I have accrued quite a bit of experience in this area, trying to arrange care for my parents.

If the caliber of foreign caregiver I have encountered is anywhere near average, this could be a great argument against chain migration. Most are utterly worthless.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Media to Baby Boomers: Only chain migration will care for you
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 05:08:29 pm »
Chain Migration at nearly 1,000,000 a year is the real danger here, it's something pandering politicians will not address and one will have to bite the bullet just to get legislation against it passed... because all of those people are already in the pipeline for over a decade, maybe even up to 17 years.