Author Topic: David Hogg: Parkland HS Has Become A Prison; "Hundreds" Of Racist Police  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

David Hogg: Parkland HS Has Become A Prison; "Hundreds" Of Racist Police
Real Clear Politics, Mar 23, 2018, Tim Hains

Marjory Stoneman Douglas student and #NeverAgain activist David Hogg told Axios founder Mike Allen at an event in Washington on Friday that his high school feels "like a prison" since the shooting last month, with "hundreds of police officers" patrolling the campus.

He said this is a problem because the police are racist against black students: "What I'm very concerned about is the racial disparity between white and black students. For example, black students get suspended at a rate three times higher than white students."

"When you have all these new police officers and resource officers coming into schools, what I'm worried is going to happen is we're going to increase the school-to-prison pipeline, which disproportionately affects students of color and lower social status," Hogg warned.

"And the other thing that is terrifying to me is, many of these students when they get into prison... They can't get a job and have to commit to a life of crime," he added. "What happens is politicians like Gov. Rick Scott are lobbied by the private prison industry, that are private prisons paid for by the government essentially to keep these people in. That's not how we're going to fix this situation."

Hogg said prison needs to be rehabilitative and not just punishment. "These are American citizens," he said. "Right now it is disgusting."

More:  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/23/david_hogg_parkland_hs_has_become_a_prison_hundreds_of_racist_police.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

They need to lighten up on the brainwashing.  This kid doesn't remember what the hell he should be talking about.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
We have now officially moved to the "while I've got the microphone, may I also add..." point of the 15 minutes of fame.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Isn't his 15mins up yet?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
For a spontaneous protester, he seems awfully versed in leftist intersectional cult doctrine.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

The little twerp's head has expanded to galactic-sized proportions. He really believes he's important...or something.

Offline Frank Cannon

This jackass is all over the place trying to keep his face in front of a reporter. No one cares about what he has to say, if they ever did.

Offline LMAO

Is becoming more and more obvious that somebody is feeding him this stuff

I doubt he even knows what it means
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Is becoming more and more obvious that somebody is feeding him this stuff

I have an Idea who

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline corbe

@INVAR gets in trouble for $hit like that, JS.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

Kiss my ass. corbeth.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Uh, NO - I get in trouble for posting historical pictures without any photoshopping simply because pointing out similarities in memes and mindsets that exist now with what transpired in 30's Europe is a no-no for sensitive snowflakes who do not like the comparison.

This thin weasel of a twink Hogg made up into Hitler is a harmless bit of fun.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:55:48 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

Uh, NO - I get in trouble for posting historical pictures without any photoshopping simply because pointing out similarities in memes and mindsets that exist now with what transpired in 30's Europe is a no-no for sensitive snowflakes who do not like the comparison.

Baghdad Hogg! 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It is, and he needs fun being made of.  He has earned nothing but contempt for his silly games.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

Offline Applewood

Hundreds of police officers?  I doubt it.  And where are the examples of this alleged racism? 

By the way, how many of the students in this school are black?  Seems to me all I see in front of the microphone are white kids. 

If this kid was really concerned about school safety, he would welcome police presence in his school.  That he doesn't tells me he is just another anti-Second Amendment gun grabbing advocate.  For people like him, it's not about kids'safety. It's about government power and control.

Offline mountaineer

How would he know what's going on at MSDHS? I thought he'd stopped attending. Too busy working on his showbiz career.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
If he can't stay on message, they will replace him with the skinhead girl.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Applewood

How would he know what's going on at MSDHS? I thought he'd stopped attending. Too busy working on his showbiz career.

He's preparing for a career as a community organizer.  You don't need a high school education for that.    He could, however,  benefit from some lessons from Obama on how to fleece the wealthy and corporations to fund his "outreach."

Offline mountaineer

He's preparing for a career as a community organizer.  You don't need a high school education for that.    He could, however,  benefit from some lessons from Obama on how to fleece the wealthy and corporations to fund his "outreach."
He could become a shakedown artist like Jesse Jackson.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
For a spontaneous protester, he seems awfully versed in leftist intersectional cult doctrine.

He's been well versed in Think Progress and Moveon.org doctrine for quite some time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Gotta love how he wanted more government...but now he's upset that he got what he wanted.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

If he can't stay on message, they will replace him with the skinhead girl.

Little Sinead O'connor has left the lime light behind to concentrate on her lesbian adventures.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Little Sinead O'connor has left the lime light behind to concentrate on her lesbian adventures.

She can do both.  Being a celebrity activist ensures a large pool of willing supplicants.  I'm sure she's already learned that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: