Author Topic: What Will Our Society Look Like When Artificial Intelligence Is Everywhere?  (Read 459 times)

rangerrebew

What Will Our Society Look Like When Artificial Intelligence Is Everywhere?

Will robots become self-aware? Will they have rights? Will they be in charge? Here are five scenarios from our future dominated by AI
By Stephan Talty, illustrations by Jules Julien

In June of 1956, A few dozen scientists and mathematicians from all around the country gathered for a meeting on the campus of Dartmouth College. Most of them settled into the red-bricked Hanover Inn, then strolled through the famously beautiful campus to the top floor of the math department, where groups of white-shirted men were already engaged in discussions of a “strange new discipline”—so new, in fact, that it didn’t even have a name. “People didn’t agree on what it was, how to do it or even what to call it,” Grace Solomonoff, the widow of one of the scientists, recalled later. The talks—on everything from cybernetics to logic theory—went on for weeks, in an atmosphere of growing excitement.

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/artificial-intelligence-future-scenarios-180968403/#vrKHWmqfpFHBIF0c.99

Oceander

I, Robot? 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Better than it does now with the lack of intelligence everywhere? But I would hope that AI looks more like R. Daneel Olivaw in the Caves Of Steel.

Offline dfwgator