Author Topic: Trump administration bans bump stocks, 'all devices' that turn 'legal' weapons into machine guns  (Read 1034 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
President Donald Trump announced Friday that the administration would ban bump stocks and “all devices” that turn otherwise legal weapons into “illegal machine guns,” keeping a promise made amid a bipartisan gun control debate.
Moments before he departed Joint Base Andrews for his Florida property at Mar-a-Lago, and hours after signing a $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill, the president tweeted about the new policy.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/23/trump-administration-bans-bump-stocks-all-devices-that-turn-legal-weapons-into-machine-guns.html

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So OFF THE CLIFF into tyranny with the Democrats, Trump and the Republican party jump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

Man, I am tired of all this winning.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline goodwithagun

No one pivots like me. Nobody. My pivot is, it’s just, it’s only the best. It’s beautiful. I was pivoting before anybody even knew what it was. I have a yuge advantage, but I always do. That’s just me.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No one pivots like me. Nobody. My pivot is, it’s just, it’s only the best. It’s beautiful. I was pivoting before anybody even knew what it was. I have a yuge advantage, but I always do. That’s just me.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

Turn in your rubber bands boys!

Offline Meldrew

This is from the report (italics mine):

ATF has now determined that the conclusion [that bump fire stocks are not machine guns] does not reflect the best interpretation of the term “machinegun” to clarify that all bump-stock type devices are “machineguns”under GCA and NFA because they convert a semiautomatic firearm into a firearm that shoots automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

They do not "convert" the semi-auto into anything. It's still 1 trigger pull, one round gone - it's just happens really fast.  The "without manual reloading" thing gives me heartburn as well.  Could be used to justify semi-auto bans down the road perhaps.

Lying, twisting and obfuscation is the order of the day with the left.  The President either got rolled (through ignorance or inattention) or he agrees.  Either is bad for freedom.

ETA: More here:http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/robert-farago/breaking-president-trump-doj-plans-to-ban-bump-fire-stocks-revealed/

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:50:39 pm by Meldrew »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Could be used to justify semi-auto bans down the road perhaps.

That is the talk of what the actual use of this precedent is intended for.

You couple that with the FixNICS bullshit - and the government can ban and erase arms from whom they choose and end the Second Amendment in all practicality while still leaving it untouched on parchment.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
! No longer available

Jerry Miculek is illegal.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:21:33 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.