Author Topic: Trump to sign spending bill (Live Signing Event at 1PM EST)  (Read 16601 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump to sign spending bill (Live Signing Event at 1PM EST)
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2018, 07:55:20 pm »
Somewhere sinkspur is laughing.

I don't know if he has up to the minute access to news in jail.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2018, 07:56:11 pm »
PMITA Federal Prison?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2018, 07:57:33 pm »
Hannity just blames Congress and making excuses for Trump..Trump has done some *good things*

If Trump gets credit for the tax cuts, that he had nothing to do with other than sign- he wasn't part of the negotiation process, why doesn't he get blame for this?

The other few things he 'gets credit for' in many ways are either symbolic or just shifting the deck chairs. Many of the regulations he supposedly repealed in reality he just centralized in the Executive Branch (giving his branch more power).

He has been a tried and true populist all the way.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2018, 07:59:23 pm »
Hannity is giving a pass to Donny with some of the lamest shit I ever heard.

He'll be cutting to a car chase any minute now...  :whistle:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2018, 08:01:24 pm »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline DB

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2018, 08:04:05 pm »
Levin is going to sound like an LP record on the 78 setting.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2018, 08:05:29 pm »

That's for sure!  He might have a coronary!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2018, 08:06:14 pm »

LOL. I can't wait to tune in. My radio will probably explode just like my brain did when I heard that presser full of insanity.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2018, 08:07:11 pm »
If Trump gets credit for the tax cuts, that he had nothing to do with other than sign- he wasn't part of the negotiation process, why doesn't he get blame for this?

The other few things he 'gets credit for' in many ways are either symbolic or just shifting the deck chairs. Many of the regulations he supposedly repealed in reality he just centralized in the Executive Branch (giving his branch more power).

He has been a tried and true populist all the way.

If he hadn't been spending so much time on Twitter getting into a wizzing match with Joe Biden, among others, and maybe made some effort to actually sit down and negotiate a real budget, perhaps he would have gotten much of what he said he wanted.  That he didn't knuckle down and negotiate a better deal tells me he really doesn't want to fix the illegal immigration problem.  In fact, he has no intention of keeping any of his promises.  He can blame congress all he wants, but the truth is, he is just like them -- another liar and thief. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2018, 08:14:58 pm »

Gonna be a busy night at the strip club.  I might not be around much tonight....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2018, 08:18:43 pm »
If he hadn't been spending so much time on Twitter getting into a wizzing match with Joe Biden, among others, and maybe made some effort to actually sit down and negotiate a real budget, perhaps he would have gotten much of what he said he wanted.  That he didn't knuckle down and negotiate a better deal tells me he really doesn't want to fix the illegal immigration problem.  In fact, he has no intention of keeping any of his promises.  He can blame congress all he wants, but the truth is, he is just like them -- another liar and thief.

^this
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2018, 08:22:09 pm »

I found it odd that he bragged about paying  politicians off with donations, on both sides of the aisle, but yet he was going to "drain the swamp".
He is now, and always has been, part of that swamp.
FYI, the first time I heard the phrase "drain the swamp", was from Nancy Pelosi a feww years back.
Imagine that?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2018, 08:44:58 pm »

That assumes he was ever 100% serious about things he said during the campaign.

That assumes he was serious about anything he said at all....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2018, 08:51:46 pm »
The Democrats made him do it.

Ready made for a 'The Devil Made Me Do IT' meme...

@INVAR

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2018, 08:54:48 pm »

@INVAR

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2018, 08:54:49 pm »

@INVAR

Trump as Geraldine.  Fitting.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2018, 09:03:32 pm »
Well I'll make you Trump supporters feel a little better.

He's better than Hillary...

But...

The difference is, you own this as does the GOP.

All in the name of Conservatism
sonsabiches.  9999hair out0000

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2018, 09:17:12 pm »

I have no sympathy.  He voted for the creatures that did this because despite all his 'talk' of Conservative principles' - he is stuck on practicing insanity within a thoroughly corrupted party and system. The idea of going outside the corruption is a dead-end to him.  He thinks you can work from within the corruption, even when the rules are changed to make that an impossibility.

So - he can rage against the dying of the light all he likes.  He helped put them there and then played cheerleader because Trump drove the Leftist media nuts.

Levin is gonna have another massive coronary when he sees Trump go and do the same schtick he did for Schumer, Clinton and DeBlasio in NY on a federal level from now on.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2018, 09:19:54 pm »

@INVAR

That will take an animated effort to pull off, which I don't have time to do.

It would be Trump morphing between himself and Al Pacino and back again in the Devil's Advocate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2018, 09:35:06 pm »
I have no sympathy.  He voted for the creatures that did this because despite all his 'talk' of Conservative principles' - he is stuck on practicing insanity within a thoroughly corrupted party and system. The idea of going outside the corruption is a dead-end to him.  He thinks you can work from within the corruption, even when the rules are changed to make that an impossibility.

So - he can rage against the dying of the light all he likes.  He helped put them there and then played cheerleader because Trump drove the Leftist media nuts.

Levin is gonna have another massive coronary when he sees Trump go and do the same schtick he did for Schumer, Clinton and DeBlasio in NY on a federal level from now on.

I disagree with you on this.  I think it was a responsible, defensible and respectable position to vote against Hillary Clinton.  That's what he and many others did.  The other options were not voting or voting for someone who had no chance of beating Clinton.  So, just stop with that.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2018, 09:47:13 pm »
I disagree with you on this.  I think it was a responsible, defensible and respectable position to vote against Hillary Clinton.  That's what he and many others did.  The other options were not voting or voting for someone who had no chance of beating Clinton.  So, just stop with that.

My vote went to someone other than Hillary or Donald, which IMO is a responsible, defensible, and respectable position.

John Galt approved this message.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2018, 09:54:27 pm »
My vote went to someone other than Hillary or Donald, which IMO is a responsible, defensible, and respectable position.

John Galt approved this message.

And, I never said it wasn't.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2018, 09:56:52 pm »
4) Negotiations leading to the omnibus — including the immigration provisions and the lack thereof — have been going on for more than six months.

Trump’s back-and-forth on the 2,232-page omnibus at the last minute might create the impression that Congress — the Congress controlled by his own party — has blindsided him with this huge bill and its unsatisfying immigration provisions.

In fact, it’s the product of negotiations that have been going on since last summer, when it became obvious that the regular appropriations process would, as has become customary, fail to get the job done. Congress has passed, and Trump has signed, five stopgap spending bills during these negotiations, in which the White House has been involved at every single step. Acting surprised about the omnibus’s content or process now is very weird if not blatantly dishonest.

http://amp.nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/the-8-zaniest-things-about-trumps-omnibus-veto-threat.html

Yes, but they're operating on the assumption Trump was engaged and listening to what the legislative staff was reporting back to him.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:59:00 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.