Author Topic: Pa. GOP Lawmakers Looking To Impeach Democratic Justices  (Read 901 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Pa. GOP Lawmakers Looking To Impeach Democratic Justices
« on: March 22, 2018, 03:17:20 am »
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/03/21/pennsylvania-republican-lawmakers-impeach-democratic-supreme-court-justices/

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — If certain Republican lawmakers have their way, the seven-member state Supreme Court would lose four Democratic justices.

“They had a complete disregard for the Constitution of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Rep. Cris Dush, of Indiana & Jefferson Counties, told KDKA political editor Jon Delano on Wednesday.

Dush, a Republican, wants Justices Christine Donohue, Kevin Dougherty, Debra Todd and David Wecht impeached, convicted and removed from office because they imposed their own congressional redistricting map on the state instead of letting lawmakers draw their own.

“There are grounds to impeach them and remove them,” says Duquesne University Law School Prof. Bruce Ledewitz.

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Pa. GOP Lawmakers Looking To Impeach Democratic Justices
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 03:20:23 am »
In my opinion, they should have gone this route instead of wasting time with the SCOTUS.  What the court did was absurd and it needed to be dealt with locally.  Republicans do hold the necessary 2/3 majority in the Senate.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 03:24:41 am »
In my opinion, they should have gone this route instead of wasting time with the SCOTUS.  What the court did was absurd and it needed to be dealt with locally.  Republicans do hold the necessary 2/3 majority in the Senate.

Nah. They had to take every avenue available before they went this route. The states GOP is a worthless group of losers and needed to be pushed into a corner before the pulled the trigger on this. You know damn well all sorts of Soros money will flow in to defend these POS Justices. The GOP needs to have total resolve to follow through.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 03:38:45 am »
Nah. They had to take every avenue available before they went this route. The states GOP is a worthless group of losers and needed to be pushed into a corner before the pulled the trigger on this. You know damn well all sorts of Soros money will flow in to defend these POS Justices. The GOP needs to have total resolve to follow through.

IOW, they won't.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 03:41:57 am »
IOW, they won't.

Even though letting this criminality stand will mean the demise of the state party, I don't think they have the balls to do this either. Right now it is one guy pushing a bill onto the floor. Pathetic.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 03:57:35 am »
Even though letting this criminality stand will mean the demise of the state party, I don't think they have the balls to do this either. Right now it is one guy pushing a bill onto the floor. Pathetic.

I think their sinecures are too important to rock the boat.  I see this shit over here at the other end of the country.

When a Legislature can't even pull it's shit together enough to stop an out-and-out usurpation of its power by the Judiciary (power that they've held for over 2 centuries), it's getting beyond hope.  Fidiots in AZ allowed redrawing Congressional borders to be delegated to a "Commission" (Bipartisan, of course), and in the second redistricting cycle that Commission was completely dominated by Rats.

As George Carlin noted...Bipartisanship means more the the usual level of deception is going on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 04:02:06 am »
I think their sinecures are too important to rock the boat.  I see this shit over here at the other end of the country.

When a Legislature can't even pull it's shit together enough to stop an out-and-out usurpation of its power by the Judiciary (power that they've held for over 2 centuries), it's getting beyond hope.  Fidiots in AZ allowed redrawing Congressional borders to be delegated to a "Commission" (Bipartisan, of course), and in the second redistricting cycle that Commission was completely dominated by Rats.

As George Carlin noted...Bipartisanship means more the the usual level of deception is going on.

Knowing some of the jackasses that run the state GOP, I had a thought in the back of my mind that they submitted such a garbage gerrymandered map so that the duty to create them would be taken away and they wouldn't have to bother with that anymore. Why make hard decisions when 3/4 of them are in safe do nothing seats and all they have to do is collect a paycheck. It's no different than the House members in DC.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 12:50:13 am »

Carlin was beating around the bush.

Bipartisan means Date Rape.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 05:38:05 am »
I understand why PA Republicans are angry, but doesn't the PA Constitution give the power to the State Supreme Court to redraw the districts?

Article II Section 17 (h)  If a preliminary, revised or final reapportionment plan
     is not filed by the commission within the time prescribed by
     this section, unless the time be extended by the Supreme Court
     for cause shown, the Supreme Court shall immediately proceed on
     its own motion to reapportion the Commonwealth.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=00&div=0&chpt=2&mobile_choice=suppress
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 05:55:44 am »
I understand why PA Republicans are angry, but doesn't the PA Constitution give the power to the State Supreme Court to redraw the districts?

Article II Section 17 (h)  If a preliminary, revised or final reapportionment plan
     is not filed by the commission within the time prescribed by
     this section, unless the time be extended by the Supreme Court
     for cause shown, the Supreme Court shall immediately proceed on
     its own motion to reapportion the Commonwealth.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=00&div=0&chpt=2&mobile_choice=suppress

Nice try. A final plan was submitted.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 06:30:11 am »
Nice try. A final plan was submitted.

Yes, but not one acceptable to the Court.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 12:18:58 pm »
Yes, but not one acceptable to the Court.
Nothing in the Constitution allows the Court to reject it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024