Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Fired FBI Official (McCabe) Authorized Criminal Probe Of Sessions, Sources Say  (Read 475 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly accused Sessions of misleading them in congressional testimony and called on federal authorities to investigate, but McCabe's previously-unreported decision to actually put the attorney general in the crosshairs of an FBI probe was an exceptional move.

One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/exclusive-fired-fbi-official-authorized-criminal-probe-sessions-202203624--abc-news-topstories.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:03:06 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

It would be really amusing if Trump used this as an excuse to fire Sessions, after he fired a guy the president wanted gone.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find that McCabe had intentionally planted this land mine, just in case he was fired.

Offline endicom

It would be really amusing if Trump used this as an excuse to fire Sessions, after he fired a guy the president wanted gone.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find that McCabe had intentionally planted this land mine, just in case he was fired.

I don't recall Eric "Wingman" Holder getting this treatment.

Offline edpc

Narrative of 'retrubution' and 'obstruction' to follow, if the story gets traction.

Offline aligncare

Yes, Sessions fired McCabe, as head of Justice. But, the firing was made upon the recommendation of the FBI and it’s Office of Professional Responsibility because McCabe lied to them.

Trump played no part in the firing, nor did Sessions, except in his capacity as attorney general carrying out his responsibilities in firing employees of Justice.

But you still hear MSNBC, CNN, NYT and the rest of the hate Trump media laying this at the feet of Trump and Sessions. They’re so dishonest.

Online libertybele

I would love to see Trump fire Sessions, but he needs to be very careful as to who he brings in to replace him. I would hope that he would have someone waiting in the wings before he fired him; a person willing to fire Rosenstein and Mueller!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.