Author Topic: Ted Cruz camp plays defense after Texas Democrats attack his 2016 campaign's ties to Cambridge Analy  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ted Cruz camp plays defense after Texas Democrats attack his 2016 campaign's ties to Cambridge Analytica
Washington Examiner, Mar 20, 2018, Diana Stancy Correll

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who is up for re-election later this year, is playing defense as Texas Democrats have targeted his ties to Cambridge Analytica, the data analytics firm that has come under fire for allegedly improperly harvesting data from tens of millions of Facebook users.

Prior to working with President Trump's 2016 campaign, Cambridge Analytica conducted business with Cruz’s presidential campaign from March 2015 to June 2016.  But while the data firm's connection to the Trump campaign has come under intense scrutiny, the Cruz camp said that the company assured his presidential campaign that the data it provided was legally obtained.

The statement comes in response to Texas Democrats criticizing Cruz on Monday for his ties to the firm.

"Ted Cruz will stop at nothing to weasel his way into power, even if it means weaponizing stolen information to manipulate people to like him," deputy executive director of the Texas Democratic Party Manny Garcia said in a press release.  "Cruz's campaign exploited personal information to create psychological profiles on millions of Americans,” he added. “All to keep lining the pockets of Cruz's billionaire super PAC donors — like Robert Mercer, who funded this propaganda machine."

More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-camp-plays-defense-after-texas-democrats-attack-his-2016-campaigns-ties-to-cambridge-analytica

Offline Frank Cannon

If this was any other state, it might be effective, but I doubt anyone in TX gives two shits about a convoluted data mining story being pimped by a earring wearing pink haired fairy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Weren't the Democrats the ones pedaling a story in some pop psychology magazine saying Cruz can't be elected to anything because the shape of his mouth makes people think he's dishonest?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

this is a nothing story.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GrouchoTex

We knew Cruz was using Cambridge Analytics.
It was talked about in a few articles.
It was actually a friendly set of articles, how the Cruz campaign was cutting edge, by using modern technology to find voter trends, etc.

Offline Victoria33

Using electronic information about you is using electronic information about you - it is what happens. 

If you are on the net, and post something, write something, make a purchase, your info. is there to be swept up.  I make a purchase, and for the next number of days, when I click on different websites, I see a picture of what I bought.  The store connects to my name and they follow me around the net. 

In this electronic age, I doubt you could hide your existence even in a cave you dug in a totally uninhabited jungle.  Before you go into the cave, stomp on your phone, take it totally apart, burn it, blow it up, bury some little pieces and drown other little pieces.  By morning, there will be a reporter at your cave, asking why you destroyed your phone.  A satellite took pictures of your doing that and sent the image to every news outlet in the world.

We are surrounded.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Using electronic information about you is using electronic information about you - it is what happens. 

If you are on the net, and post something, write something, make a purchase, your info. is there to be swept up.  I make a purchase, and for the next number of days, when I click on different websites, I see a picture of what I bought.  The store connects to my name and they follow me around the net. 

It's true, I see that all the time, getting ads for stuff I just bought.

Which is stupid, because I just bought it!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: