Author Topic: Texas explosions: FBI investigating new blast at FedEx plant  (Read 7909 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Texas explosions: FBI investigating new blast at FedEx plant
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2018, 06:38:48 pm »
So does this latest discovery, make the trip wire bomb seem more like a different actor?

We don't know.

The chatter out there is that this group, or guy - is showing off all their capabilities and telegraphing that they can deliver the bombs to their targets wherever, however and whenever they want to.  We have had packages left on doorsteps, to packages hooked up to tripwires to kill passers by - and now using delivery services like Fed-X.

In an open society, there is no way to deal with this - unless you want to wait six weeks for mail and a package delivered because every single item has to go through screens, x-rays and the like, and even then - you can shut down transportation hubs just by having a package with explosives show up at a facility.

This is what we call terrorism folks.

And it works obviously.

We can only hope the perp(s) make a mistake and get caught - but I wouldn't put too much confidence in the Alphabets to keep you safe.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2018, 06:46:50 pm »
There's only one thing I can say with 100% certainty:  It's not Muslims, because it's a Religion of Peace.  If you don't agree they'll slay you.

(Brennan told me this, so it has to be true, right?)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2018, 06:50:10 pm »
@TomSea

"I didn't go as far as one member from Texas mentioning it looked like her mail box was bombed by the Klan.  Let's see you and Sanguine go after that person."

I am that person.  The KKK headquarters was in Pasadena, Texas.  Son made a film of their Grand Dragon and them; traveled with them, even to other states.  The bomb was in our mailbox the day after son's KKK film was shown on PBS Houston channel.  Part of that film was that this KKK group showed up in Seabrook, TX (area of Clear Lake and NASA), and burned their boat in support of Texas fishermen who were ticked off at Vietnamese fishermen moving there and taking too many of their shrimp; they said these foreign fishermen weren't leaving enough shrimp for them to catch.  Morris Dees of Poverty Law Center sued that KKK group.  Anyone not believing this can find it in internet search; it was a big deal.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2018, 06:56:01 pm »
There's only one thing I can say with 100% certainty:  It's not Muslims, because it's a Religion of Peace.  If you don't agree they'll slay you.

(Brennan told me this, so it has to be true, right?)

I think you or someone else said that the media so wants the main actors to be right wing zealots.   So watch them push that narrative in the LS Media..
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:57:06 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2018, 06:57:41 pm »
I think you or someone else said that the media so want's the actors to be right wing zealots.   So watch them push that narrative in the LS Media..

Well, I didn't say that, but I believe it's true:  the Lamers do want to be a righty so bad they can taste it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2018, 07:00:43 pm »
Well, I didn't say that, but I believe it's true:  the Lamers do want to be a righty so bad they can taste it.

If it turns out a such those guys will sporting more pup tents than a boy scout jamboree.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2018, 07:00:56 pm »
FWIW, Antifa did declare war on FedEx after the company declined to follow the lead of Enterprise,  Delta, et el., in rejecting NRA member discounts.

Yes, but assuming today's bombing is indeed related to the others -- did the other packages go through Fed Ex?  I thought they didn't. 

I heard the FBI and other law enforcement are looking or some kind of pattern -- something in common to tie the victims (targets) together.  So far, I don't believe they have come up with anything.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2018, 07:02:47 pm »
I think you or someone else said that the media so wants the main actors to be right wing zealots.   So watch them push that narrative in the LS Media..

That's S.O.P.

Every mass shooting starts with the template being thrust out there by the media that it is a right-wing nut that was the perp.  Then they like to highlight 'instigators' such as 'talk radio' and the 'blogosphere'/'Right-wing media' for the shootings.

Then, when it is learned the shooter was a crazed loony Leftist/Democrat voter - the narrative is broken so the media goes silent about it.

It's all old hat now.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2018, 07:06:04 pm »
Yes, but assuming today's bombing is indeed related to the others -- did the other packages go through Fed Ex?  I thought they didn't. 
The first ones - the ones that injured or killed African Americans - were just left by front doors, not shipped. The one that injured the two white guys was left somewhere and set off by a trip wire. As I understand it, today's/last night's is the first involvement of FedEx.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2018, 07:14:15 pm »
That's S.O.P.

Every mass shooting starts with the template being thrust out there by the media that it is a right-wing nut that was the perp.  Then they like to highlight 'instigators' such as 'talk radio' and the 'blogosphere'/'Right-wing media' for the shootings.

Then, when it is learned the shooter was a crazed loony Leftist/Democrat voter - the narrative is broken so the media goes silent about it.

It's all old hat now.

You would think the media would have learned its lesson after the San Bernadino killings.  I remember the bodies hadn't hit the ground yet and already the alphabet networks (and probably cable networks too) were calling th killings the actions of some right-wing Christian gun  nut.  When it was established the massacre was the work of a Muslim couple, not one of the networks bothered to admit they were wrong or apologize. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2018, 07:14:43 pm »
The first ones - the ones that injured or killed African Americans - were just left by front doors, not shipped. The one that injured the two white guys was left somewhere and set off by a trip wire. As I understand it, today's/last night's is the first involvement of FedEx.

I'm reading that the package that exploded at the Fedex facility last night was shipped from the Brodie Lane Fedex ship center which is 1.8 miles walking distance from where the two guys in their 20s were injured hitting a tripwire while pushing their bikes at night.

Operational area of the perp(s)? or perhaps had multiple devices they set up and dumped off (which might indicate a group effort) on Sunday. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2018, 07:20:36 pm »
You would think the media would have learned its lesson after the San Bernadino killings.  I remember the bodies hadn't hit the ground yet and already the alphabet networks (and probably cable networks too) were calling th killings the actions of some right-wing Christian gun  nut.  When it was established the massacre was the work of a Muslim couple, not one of the networks bothered to admit they were wrong or apologize.

Why?  What is there to learn?  Yes, the media screw it up from the start, trying to pin the actions on some disfavored group, and they get it wrong most of the time too, but they never suffer any kind of consequences for it.  People still tuned in to CNN after they were uncovered in the San Bernadino killings, so for the press it's "no harm, no foul."
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2018, 07:25:52 pm »
Why?  What is there to learn?  Yes, the media screw it up from the start, trying to pin the actions on some disfavored group, and they get it wrong most of the time too, but they never suffer any kind of consequences for it.  People still tuned in to CNN after they were uncovered in the San Bernadino killings, so for the press it's "no harm, no foul."

What?  Did you think things like FCC license requirements were available to anyone who could present the news? 

Why do you think both parties have been so insistent on trying to regulate internet information from blogs and social media?  To suggest the 1st Amendment only applies to "Legitimate journOlists" that are vetted and approved by government.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2018, 07:30:38 pm »
It is of no surprise that the bomber might try a mail bomb.. but I guess, we should discard all truth to get along... I doubt if FedEx was in particular the target, sounds like a far reaching theory, if one can speak up for the truth. Especially, since, they have one of the packages, that is if one can actually rely on news stories.

Saw an infowars story referring to some tv show on Ted Kaczynski, the Unibomber and whether, it might have been an influence... sorry hollywood to mention you.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:36:00 pm by TomSea »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2018, 07:43:58 pm »
It is of no surprise that the bomber might try a mail bomb.. but I guess, we should discard all truth to get along... I doubt if FedEx was in particular the target, sounds like a far reaching theory, if one can speak up for the truth.

And what "truth" would that be there Nostradomas? The Alphabets 'aint saying' and we got nothing but news media and scanner and tweet coverage to go by.

So all anyone has right now is speculation in the light of the TRUTH that bombs are being set and sent and going off in the Austin area.

That's it.

You don't know any further 'truth' than we do on this matter.  You just have a knee jerk offensive reaction that suppositions you do not like are being postulated.

Too damn bad. 

Deal with it.  Or not.

Unless and until this person(s) are caught and the bombings stop - we will have nothing but speculation to go on outside of instances and events from which to speculate.

If that is too tinfoil for you - too bad.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2018, 07:46:25 pm »
What?  Did you think things like FCC license requirements were available to anyone who could present the news? 

Why do you think both parties have been so insistent on trying to regulate internet information from blogs and social media?  To suggest the 1st Amendment only applies to "Legitimate journOlists" that are vetted and approved by government.

Actually, CNN is not regulated by the FCC that I know of, it's cable.  That said, your point is otherwise well taken.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2018, 07:53:45 pm »
... Police believe the explosions are the work of a serial bomber whose tactics are evolving.

“It would be silly for us not to admit that we suspect it’s related,” Michelle Lee, an FBI agent, said of the FedEx detonation. The package was reportedly shipped from a FedEx store in Austin.

San Antonio police chief William McManus told reporters a second package bomb was found at the warehouse but did not detonate. A police spokesman later said the chief “misspoke” and there was “no secondary device”.  ...
Posted less than two hours by The Guardian.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2018, 08:03:58 pm »
Actually, CNN is not regulated by the FCC that I know of, it's cable.  That said, your point is otherwise well taken.

Cable is less regulated, not unregulated, by the FCC as compared to the airwaves.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/program-content-regulations
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2018, 08:05:13 pm »
A police spokesman later said the chief “misspoke” and there was “no secondary device”

WTF?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline thackney

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2018, 08:10:43 pm »
2 p.m. update: FedEx confirmed that the person responsible for shipping a package that exploded in the company’s sorting facility in Schertz also “shipped a second package that has now been secured and turned over to law enforcement.”

The delivery company’s statement did not specify where the second package was found, but authorities have swarmed a FedEx ground facility in the 4100 block of McKinney Falls Parkway in Southeast Austin after reports of a suspicious package.

FedEx said it had provided investigators “extensive evidence” surrounding the packages and the person who shipped them that has been “collected from our advanced technology security system...

https://www.statesman.com/news/local/suspicious-package-reported-austin-fedex-facility-authorities-say/CVO2PqvqF9qN8tAQgdw4GK/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:17:55 pm by thackney »

Offline thackney

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:44 pm »
12:35 p.m. UPDATE from SAPD: Chief McManus misspoke earlier at this morning's press conference. There is no secondary device at the Schertz facility.

12:43 p.m. UPDATE from FedEx: FedEx confirms package detonated at San Antonio FedEx facility, says individual responsible also shipped second package that has now been secured and turned over to law enforcement."

1:38 p.m.: NPR tweets FBI confirmed second unexploded package sent through FedEx was located at McKinney Falls Parkway facility.

http://kcby.com/news/nation-world/san-antonio-police-chief-confirms-second-explosive-device-found-at-fedex-facility

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2018, 08:45:05 pm »
It is rare for people to do this without taking credit. That tells me it is more of a serial killer type of deal.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2018, 09:28:16 pm »
It is rare for people to do this without taking credit. That tells me it is more of a serial killer type of deal.

Yes.  I’m a firm believer in the Manifesto of Crazy ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2018, 09:33:41 pm »
@Restored

Hadn't thought of that - but maybe he/they want to do more of it before taking credit. But, taking credit would give officers a group to investigate.  I just don't know what the reason for this is.