Author Topic: Ann Coulter: Trump’s Border Wall Prototypes ‘a Ridiculous Waste of Time’  (Read 676 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Someone is still not happy with daddy.

....They’re very good at stopping any illegal alien prototypes. … I don’t know why we need prototypes, except that it’s all just a fakeout and the whole thing about building a wall is just ‘I’m going to get four years saying I’m going to build the wall and inspecting prototypes, but I’ll never actually build the wall.’ … No, it’s a ridiculous waste of time.....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/18/coulter-trump-prototypes-wall-ridiculous/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In one story in The Art of the Deal, Trump brags about lying to investors about the progress he was making on a project. The investors were coming to inspect and virtually nothing was started. He quickly rented a bunch of backhoes and dump trucks and told them to 'move a bunch of dirt around' to make it look like they were working when the investors came by.

Ironically, this is one of his projects that went under.

Silver Pines

Did In Trump We Trust ever make it above #75 on the Amazon list?  It's #50,827 at this point.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
In one story in The Art of the Deal, Trump brags about lying to investors about the progress he was making on a project. The investors were coming to inspect and virtually nothing was started. He quickly rented a bunch of backhoes and dump trucks and told them to 'move a bunch of dirt around' to make it look like they were working when the investors came by.

Ironically, this is one of his projects that went under.

So is he more a Rainmaker or a Music Man?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So is he more a Rainmaker or a Music Man?

What do YOU think @LauraTXNM ??

Offline LauraTXNM

What do YOU think @LauraTXNM ??

I can't make up my mind -- I keep thinking about Burt Lancaster and Robert Preston.  I think President Trump may be more like Lancaster in "The Rainmaker".  But I'm hopeful he may turn out more like "The Music Man."

@Right_in_Virginia What do you think?  If you had to pick?  Or do you have a different musical in mind ;)?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

I can't make up my mind -- I keep thinking about Burt Lancaster and Robert Preston.  I think President Trump may be more like Lancaster in "The Rainmaker".  But I'm hopeful he may turn out more like "The Music Man."

@Right_in_Virginia What do you think?  If you had to pick?  Or do you have a different musical in mind ;)?

I would pick neither @LauraTXNM 

Offline musiclady

Did In Trump We Trust ever make it above #75 on the Amazon list?  It's #50,827 at this point.

Anyone who bought that book has a few screws loose.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

More like Lancaster in Elmer Gantry.

A charlatan of the first order......... totally untrustworthy.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline LauraTXNM

More like Lancaster in Elmer Gantry.

A charlatan of the first order......... totally untrustworthy.

Ooh, thank you, @musiclady!  I think I was thinking about the wrong film!  Elmer Gantry!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Does it have to be a Musical? How about George C. Scott in "The Flim-Flam Man"? It has a nice ring to it.

Offline musiclady

Ooh, thank you, @musiclady!  I think I was thinking about the wrong film!  Elmer Gantry!

@LauraTXNM - Lancaster in Rainmaker and Preston in Music Man are far too lovable for the comparison, IMO.

@LauraTXNM - Lancaster in Rainmaker and Preston in Music Man are far too lovable for the comparison, IMO.

See what you started @LauraTXNM  ^-^

(Or was this the plan??   :pondering: )

Offline LauraTXNM

Does it have to be a Musical? How about George C. Scott in "The Flim-Flam Man"? It has a nice ring to it.

@Elderberry That's one I'll have to find!  I love George C Scott!

Offline LauraTXNM

See what you started @LauraTXNM  ^-^

(Or was this the plan??   :pondering: )

@Right_in_Virginia  I know, sorry for the hijack ;)!  I love old(er) movies, and no one else I know cares about them.  So which movie would you pick for President Trump?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
So which movie would you pick for President Trump?
@LauraTXNM

Groucho Marx, "These Are the Laws of My Administration" (from Duck Soup)

! No longer available

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

@LauraTXNM

Groucho Marx, "These Are the Laws of My Administration" (from Duck Soup)

! No longer available

888high58888

Offline LauraTXNM

@EasyAce  That's fantastic!  I wish Groucho Marx and Will Rogers were around today.  HL Mencken, too.

Offline EasyAce

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

@EasyAce  That's fantastic!  I wish Groucho Marx and Will Rogers were around today.  HL Mencken, too.
@LauraTXNM

Charlie Chaplin as Adenoid Hynkel, The Great Dictator

! No longer available