Author Topic: Constitutional Law Expert Slams McCabe: 'Should Be Worried About Prison'  (Read 728 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Law and Crime
Colin Kalmbacher | 2:25 pm, March 17th, 2018

[excerpt]

https://lawandcrime.com/legal-analysis/constitutional-law-expert-slams-mccabe-should-be-worried-about-prison/

As news and excited reactions pour down the collective American brainstem in a semi-rigorous attempt to make sense of Andrew McCabe‘s firing, one liberal legal expert and constitutional law professor is simply not there for partisan response efforts.

Instead, it appears McCabe’s ouster was in line with the law and he should probably be thankful he’s not facing criminal charges for the behavior that led to said ouster.

George Washington University School of Law Professor Jonathan Turley predicted McCabe’s firing some time ago. Turley discussed the firing today in an interview with CNN‘s Michael Smerconish.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If people are going to view Turley as the expert on matters revolving around McCabe and the Mueller investigation, keep in mind he thought back in May 2017 this would be helpful for the Trump administration.  He also said the appointment of a special counsel was unnecessary until the firing of Comey made it inevitable.

Turley said that until Mueller was named, President Trump could not fully clear his name in the face of ongoing leaks and allegations.

The appointment of a special counsel was "almost inevitable when the Comey memo hit," Turley said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/17/who-robert-muller-named-special-counsel-trump-healthy-dose-tylenol-turley
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Thusfar, as evidenced of the long long trail of criminal corruption, lies, treason and worse that have stunk up the highest offices and agencies in the land since at least Clinton, the guilty always get a free pass from every single institution designed and intended to keep justice -  and the guilty get a ticket to even higher office and power.

Color my cynical and jaded.

I am not going to believe ANY of these creatures get prison time until I see them in orange jumpsuits being led to their cells.

I personally think that every creature in DC understands the depth of the corruption, rot and treason - and they must know that to dig it up and toss it out - will split and collapse the entire government itself.  So no one is going to take things to that level.  Our culture and society has already demonstrated that it does not matter what truth and evidence exists in any travesty of justice (Michael Brown anyone?) the politicization of any attempt to bring justice will result in stoked upheaval and sabotage.

Firing McCabe is likely the limit of where they will go.  But do not expect to see a criminal trial.  Not gonna happen in my estimation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@INVAR

According to Forbes this is hardly going to graze his pension either.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/2018/03/17/no-andrew-mccabe-isnt-losing-his-pension/#4e53de9236de

From what I gathered in the article and accompanying CNN piece was that he still gets a pension, just not as early.  Instead of receiving early benefits at 50, he'll have to wait between 7-12 years before receiving them, missing out on $500K, or more.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
If people are going to view Turley as the expert on matters revolving around McCabe and the Mueller investigation, keep in mind he thought back in May 2017 this would be helpful for the Trump administration.  He also said the appointment of a special counsel was unnecessary until the firing of Comey made it inevitable.

Turley said that until Mueller was named, President Trump could not fully clear his name in the face of ongoing leaks and allegations.

The appointment of a special counsel was "almost inevitable when the Comey memo hit," Turley said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/17/who-robert-muller-named-special-counsel-trump-healthy-dose-tylenol-turley

Thank you for bringing this up!  As far as I can tell, Jonathan Turley is perhaps a couple of steps above Jay Sekulow.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Thusfar, as evidenced of the long long trail of criminal corruption, lies, treason and worse that have stunk up the highest offices and agencies in the land since at least Clinton, the guilty always get a free pass from every single institution designed and intended to keep justice -  and the guilty get a ticket to even higher office and power.

I am not going to believe ANY of these creatures get prison time until I see them in orange jumpsuits being led to their cells.

I personally think that every creature in DC understands the depth of the corruption, rot and treason - and they must know that to dig it up and toss it out - will split and collapse the entire government itself.  So no one is going to take things to that level.  Our culture and society has already demonstrated that it does not matter what truth and evidence exists in any travesty of justice (Michael Brown anyone?) the politicization of any attempt to bring justice will result in stoked upheaval and sabotage.

Firing McCabe is likely the limit of where they will go.  But do not expect to see a criminal trial.  Not gonna happen in my estimation.

This is one major reason to take everything Q says with a dump truck full of salt.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
From Watergate AG Mitchell, Halderman, Erlichman, Dean and others served time in prison.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is one major reason to take everything Q says with a dump truck full of salt.

I'm already taking people who say Obama and Clinton are innocent of wrongdoing with a dump truck load of salt.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I'm not so sure that I agree that draining the swamp of all the swamp creatures and punishing those for all their involvement in the corruption and scandals would collapse the government. I see it as the longer we  wait to hold those accountable and responsible the greater the risk that they will collapse the government. 

Do I have hope that anyone (namely Clinton, Bammy, Holder, Comey, McCabe, etc.,) will go to prison?  No. Not at all.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm not so sure that I agree that draining the swamp of all the swamp creatures and punishing those for all their involvement in the corruption and scandals would collapse the government. I see it as the longer we  wait to hold those accountable and responsible the greater the risk that they will collapse the government. 

Do I have hope that anyone (namely Clinton, Bammy, Holder, Comey, McCabe, etc.,) will go to prison?  No. Not at all.

If he is guilty of a crime then he should go to prison.  Looks to me like a big old reality television show where people can take sides based on sketchy details made to tantalize the watchers.  Then the next series comes on the scene and this show is over.  A distant memory.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.