Author Topic: Author Alleges China Used Business Deals to Influence Families of Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden  (Read 643 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Author Alleges China Used Business Deals to Influence Families of Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden

Peter Schweizer, whose earlier book spurred an FBI probe of the Clinton Foundation, writes that Beijing uses investment opportunities to gain leverage

The author of a book that fueled an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation now is taking aim at two new targets—the families of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and former Vice President Joe Biden.
In a new book, “Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends,” conservative author Peter Schweizer argues that China has worked to gain leverage over powerful American politicians by targeting their families with investment opportunities and business deals, providing...

Behind paywall @

https://www.wsj.com/articles/author-alleges-china-used-business-deals-to-influence-families-of-mitch-mcconnell-joe-biden-1521141489
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You have NO idea how deep and wide the swamp really is!

BTW: The editor of Peter Schweitzer's books is a girl who worked on my 1994 campaign for the Texas House.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

You have NO idea how deep and wide the swamp really is!

BTW: The editor of Peter Schweitzer's books is a girl who worked on my 1994 campaign for the Texas House.

@Bigun do you think we will ever see one of these swamp creatures held accountable for this corruption?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun do you think we will ever see one of these swamp creatures held accountable for this corruption?

Not if they can prevent it! 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Bet this gets buried, even if it is McConnell.
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
This is just one example of how the entrenched congresscritters earning 175K become millionaires as well as all the members of their extended families. Term limits necessary.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is just one example of how the entrenched congresscritters earning 175K become millionaires as well as all the members of their extended families. Term limits necessary.

It is facinating that Biteme and The Turtle never had real jobs in their life and are as damn rich as they are. If this story gets legs i see both parties giving these guys the heave ho. A bunch of Rat Presidential contenders don't want Crazy Joe getting in and running against them and nobody likes Mitch.