Author Topic: Oklahoma Plans To Use Nitrogen For Executions  (Read 426 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Oklahoma Plans To Use Nitrogen For Executions
« on: March 15, 2018, 10:42:36 pm »
Oklahoma Plans To Use Nitrogen For Executions
Merrit Kennedy

After having trouble obtaining drugs needed for lethal injections, Oklahoma is planning to change its primary method of execution to nitrogen gas inhalation.

It would be the first time a U.S. state uses this method of execution, though six states have gas inhalation in their laws as a secondary method to lethal injection, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.

"We can no longer sit on the sidelines and wait to find drugs," Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter told reporters. Using inert gas inhalation "will be effective, simple to administer, easy to obtain, and requires no complex medical procedures."

Read more at: http://wamc.org/post/oklahoma-plans-use-nitrogen-executions

Offline dfwgator

Re: Oklahoma Plans To Use Nitrogen For Executions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:49:13 pm »
Whatever happened to good old-fashioned hanging?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:00:47 pm »
Suffocation sucks. Gonna suck for these death row slimeballs. Yeehaw!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:04:18 pm »
Carbon monoxide is sure death and painless. What's wrong with that?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:51:01 pm »

Same reason they wouldn’t use Zyclon-B.  Nobody wants to be associated with methods employed by the Nazis in death camps.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 01:14:59 am »

It's tough to get a painless CO death.  Often, there's a severe headache, vomiting, suffocation feeling, convulsions, etc.

No way it would pass muster as not being "cruel".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 01:20:38 am »
@Suppressed  Even if I sometimes disagree with you, it's clear you are informed on a lot of subjects and civil in discussion.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 01:25:55 am »
It's tough to get a painless CO death.  Often, there's a severe headache, vomiting, suffocation feeling, convulsions, etc.

No way it would pass muster as not being "cruel".

Seems the guilliotene or the noose would seem the most humane way. (properly executed)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 01:26:53 am »
@Suppressed  Even if I sometimes disagree with you, it's clear you are informed on a lot of subjects and civil in discussion.

Likewise, @TomSea, and I note that you and I both post articles that don't share our own respective points of view.  I respect you for that, and am glad you're an active member here.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn