Author Topic: 33 Years Ago: Dee Snider Single-Handedly Humiliated Congress For The Whole World To See  (Read 781 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Because we are now seemingly about to face the same thing over video games.....
Probably one of the greatest moments in Congressional testimony history...

In 1985, Dee Snider was invited to speak on behalf of those who opposed the actions of the PMRC. Dee Snider, as you’d expect, showed up as underdressed and unprofessional as he possibly could leading everyone to believe that he’ll just fall flat on his ass, but what he did next shocked EVERYONE!....

http://societyofrock.com/in-1985-dee-snider-testified-in-front-of-congress-and-stunned-everyone-in-the-building/

Offline dfwgator

Remember that Tipper Gore headed the PMRC.

Offline Frank Cannon

I forgot about that. Dee handed them their asses. He's a class act.

Offline ABX

Remember that Tipper Gore headed the PMRC.

Yep, and Snyder called her out for having a dirty mind. Algore turned beet red. A tiny snip of it is in the video at the link.

Offline dfwgator

I forgot about that. Dee handed them their asses. He's a class act.

! No longer available
Zappa on Crossfire.  John Lofton was a real piece of work.

Offline ABX

! No longer available

Lol...good flashback. Zappa really had them sweating.

Offline Frank Cannon

! No longer available

I am positive that the reason that whole censorship movement fell on it's ass is because the musicians being attacked ended up being thoughtful and reasoned and didn't lay down and take it. The rockers looked like dirtbags but were educated. I don't think today's musicians are of that caliber anymore.

Offline dfwgator

I am positive that the reason that whole censorship movement fell on it's ass is because the musicians being attacked ended up being thoughtful and reasoned and didn't lay down and take it. The rockers looked like dirtbags but were educated. I don't think today's musicians are of that caliber anymore.

I must say, Zappa looked pretty sharp in that suit.  Hard to believe it was even the same guy from The Mothers of Invention.

Offline ABX

I think it also shocked just as many that Zappa, Snyder, and others were Conservative (Libertarian by today's standard) not hippie Liberals.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I must say, Zappa looked pretty sharp in that suit.  Hard to believe it was even the same guy from The Mothers of Invention.

I understand Zappa was MENSA material, and very well spoken.  Though he, had a Liberal/Libertarian slant, he was not a good candidate to debate with. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Ancient television talk host (I think it was Joe Pyne) to Frank Zappa: You have long hair, should I call you a girl?
Frank Zappa: You have a wooden leg. Should I call you a table?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I understand Zappa was MENSA material, and very well spoken.  Though he, had a Liberal/Libertarian slant, he was not a good candidate to debate with.
Zappa was mostly a libertarian

He was also, mostly, a musical bore after he broke up the original Mothers of Invention. He did a few interesting things in the years
that followed, but I don't think he ever equaled what he did with the original Mothers of 1965-69.

The Mothers of Invention, Freak Out!

! No longer available

The Mothers of Invention, Absolutely Free

! No longer available

The Mothers of Invention, We're Only In It for the Money

! No longer available

The Mothers of Invention, Burnt Weeny Sandwich

! No longer available

The Mothers of Invention, Weasels Ripped My Flesh

! No longer available

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I seem to recall that Zappa was really off putting and obnoxious and it was actually John Denver who made the best arguments against censorship.