Author Topic: Trump unveils new sanctions against Russia  (Read 393 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump unveils new sanctions against Russia
« on: March 15, 2018, 03:04:46 pm »
Trump unveils new sanctions against Russia
By Jonathan Easley - 03/15/18 10:35 AM EDT

The Trump administration is imposing new sanctions on Russian individuals and entities in response to cyberattacks in the U.S. and Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Senior national security officials said Thursday the U.S. will sanction five entities and 19 individuals from Russia for a range of cyberattacks, including the disruptive 2016 Petya attack, as well as Russia’s “destabilizing efforts” in the 2016 presidential election.

The Treasury Department will freeze those assets and prohibit Americans from doing business with those Russians, officials said.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378564-trump-slaps-new-sanctions-on-russia-over-cyber-meddling
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

Re: Trump unveils new sanctions against Russia
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 06:09:35 pm »
After overwhelming approval by Congress (98-2 and 419-3) for sanctions, these new sanctions are the most stringent punishment yet for Russia's election meddling by the Trump Administration.  Great news and good job by President Trump and his Administration!   

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 06:24:59 pm »
Possibly more sanctions or action over the chemical poisoning in GB.

Trump weighs in as allies join forces to condemn Russia’s ‘brazen’ chemical attack

He told reporters: ‘I spoke with the Prime Minister [Theresa May]. We are in deep discussion; a very sad situation. It certainly looks like the Russians were behind it. We’re taking it very seriously as, I think, are many others.’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/allies-join-forces-russias-brazen-chemical-attack-142325086.html

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 06:32:02 pm »
I'm glad the Administration is taking action.  We need to take these things seriously.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 06:35:33 pm »
Between the announcements of indictments, sanctions, and the chem weapons assassination, you have to wonder about the timing around Putin discussing their modern nuclear capability.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.