Author Topic: BREAKING: Paul Ryan’s PAC Elected Democrat Conor Lamb  (Read 529 times)

Offline mrclose

BREAKING: Paul Ryan’s PAC Elected Democrat Conor Lamb
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:36:40 pm »

In the most astonishingly bone-headed move since nominating Mitt Romney for President, the GOP establishment spent major cash to help elect Democrat Conor Lamb in last night’s highly contested PA-18 special election.

Yes, you read that right. Failed Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan and his Congressional Leadership Fund pushed a Democrat to victory over a Republican with direct mail advertising touting support “for our Second Amendment Rights.”

I’ll repeat that again. A so-called GOP PAC led by Paul Ryan spent thousands of dollars in a direct mail campaign to convince voters that Conor Lamb was a conservative who would protect American’s gun rights in Congress.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaking-paul-ryans-pac-elected-democrat-conor-lamb/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: BREAKING: Paul Ryan’s PAC Elected Democrat Conor Lamb
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:38:00 pm »
Ryan needs to resign
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:48:19 pm »
This "article" is three short, repetitive sentences talking about something they read in a WaPo article.

The original WaPo source says that the PAC sent different fliers to Democrats and Republicans.  It was the one sent to Dems that thanked him for his 2A "support".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/powerpost/wp/2018/03/01/republican-super-pac-warns-democratic-voters-that-their-candidate-supports-gun-rights/
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:23:37 pm »
This "article" is three short, repetitive sentences talking about something they read in a WaPo article.

The original WaPo source says that the PAC sent different fliers to Democrats and Republicans.  It was the one sent to Dems that thanked him for his 2A "support".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/powerpost/wp/2018/03/01/republican-super-pac-warns-democratic-voters-that-their-candidate-supports-gun-rights/

I'm sure that there is a point in your post ... somewhere? :shrug:

Some of us refuse to actually go to The Rag .... Washpo! **nononono*
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:26:43 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 10:37:01 pm »
Not the first time.

Will not be the last.

There is a reason we understand that the GOP is just the Good Cop of the Bad Cop Uniparty shell game that is played in D.C.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 11:17:01 pm »

Point is that the article/headline are an outright lie.

Since many people will simply read the headline and form an opinion, they should be aware of that.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 11:49:31 pm »

Here are the pics of the mailer.

Here is their website: http://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org/

Here is their mission statement: The Congressional Leadership Fund is a super PAC exclusively dedicated to protecting and strengthening the Republican Majority in the House of Representatives.

Here is their PA-18 info page: http://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org/race/pennsylvania-district-18/ and their announcement of two field offices: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/paul-ryan-super-pac-deploys-to-pennsylvania-for-special-election/article/2644995

Their official address on their website differs from the above, it is: Congressional Leadership Fund 1747 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, 5th Floor, Washington DC, 20006. They may have been out of the PA campaign office however. Bovard is in Westmoreland county and is in the district.

If this was indeed paid for by Ryan’s Congressional Leadership Fund, that is a big problem for him.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:50:41 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 12:18:12 am »

It's like I pointed out here on TBR several days ago...they tried reverse psychology.

The Congressional Leadership Fund ran a bunch of scathing ads against Lamb, but I have a phone number that's on Dem mailing lists. On that phone, they called and said, "Thank Conor Lamb for stating he's against gun control!" (to try to get Dems to stay away from supporting him).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 12:20:27 am »

Here are the pics of the mailer.

Here is their website: http://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org/

Here is their mission statement: The Congressional Leadership Fund is a super PAC exclusively dedicated to protecting and strengthening the Republican Majority in the House of Representatives.

Here is their PA-18 info page: http://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org/race/pennsylvania-district-18/ and their announcement of two field offices: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/paul-ryan-super-pac-deploys-to-pennsylvania-for-special-election/article/2644995

Their official address on their website differs from the above, it is: Congressional Leadership Fund 1747 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, 5th Floor, Washington DC, 20006. They may have been out of the PA campaign office however. Bovard is in Westmoreland county and is in the district.

If this was indeed paid for by Ryan’s Congressional Leadership Fund, that is a big problem for him.

@Free Vulcan
They were sent to Dems, to hurt Dem support.  Look at the CLF page to see the anti-Lamb videos, calling him two-faced Pelosi liberal.
http://www.congressionalleadershipfund.org
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 12:23:47 am »
Not the first time.

Will not be the last.

There is a reason we understand that the GOP is just the Good Cop of the Bad Cop Uniparty shell game that is played in D.C.

So, @INVAR, you're against the CLF trying to defeat the Democrat?
+++++++++

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 12:24:14 am »

It's like I pointed out here on TBR several days ago...they tried reverse psychology.

The Congressional Leadership Fund ran a bunch of scathing ads against Lamb, but I have a phone number that's on Dem mailing lists. On that phone, they called and said, "Thank Conor Lamb for stating he's against gun control!" (to try to get Dems to stay away from supporting him).

Well I hope that was the case. It's a risky, and dirty strategy that can blow in your face if not careful, and it looks like it may have.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:29:09 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 12:28:31 am »

Yes – I detected the sarcasm in the mailer.  Unfortunately, it seems to have backfired spectacularly.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 12:42:55 am »
So, @INVAR, you're against the CLF trying to defeat the Democrat?

Nope.  They can do whatever the hell they want to 'win' if that makes them feel good inside.

I however, see little difference between Democrats or the Republican party anymore based on their fruits.

My efforts are being utilized elsewhere.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 01:33:51 am »

Yes – I detected the sarcasm in the mailer.  Unfortunately, it seems to have backfired spectacularly.

Well, two Dems contacted me hoping I'd vote for him. I told them how encouraged I was that he's so pro-gun.
+++++++++

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 04:54:08 am »
I'll believe it when I read the President's tweet about dopey Ryan.