Author Topic: Trump's new secretary of state is a Tea Party Republican who couldn't be more different from Rex Til  (Read 335 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump's new secretary of state is a Tea Party Republican who couldn't be more different from Rex Tillerson
Brennan Weiss
Leah Millis/Reuters

CIA Director Mike Pompeo is set to become the next secretary of state, President Donald Trump announced Tuesday.
    Pompeo will replace Rex Tillerson, who has long been at odds with Trump over his approach to various foreign-policy issues, including the Iran nuclear deal.
    Pompeo is a Tea Party Republican who regularly defends Trump and shares his aggressive approach to international diplomacy.

Read more at: http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-pompeo-a-tea-party-republican-is-different-from-rex-tillerson-2018-3

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's great news if true!

And if it is true, I'll bet ole Mitch is crapping himself about now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The only issue I have with Pompeo is on his view of metadata collection.

"Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database. Legal and bureaucratic impediments to surveillance should be removed. That includes Presidential Policy Directive-28, which bestows privacy rights on foreigners and imposes burdensome requirements to justify data collection."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/time-for-a-rigorous-national-debate-about-surveillance-1451856106

He's going to be called bellicose and said to make John Bolton look like Gandhi by the usual suspects, due to his views on Russia, Iran, and North Korea.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.