Author Topic: Judy Garland was molested by munchkins on 'The Wizard of Oz,' claimed ex-husband  (Read 262 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/03/12/judy-garland-was-molested-by-munchkins-on-wizard-oz-claimed-ex-husband.html

Judy Garland’s time filming one of her iconic films may have been anything but a skip down the Yellow Brick Road.

Sid Luft’s posthumous memoir titled “Judy and I: My Life with Judy Garland,” which is being released in paperback on Sept. 4, claims the then-teenage actress was sexually harassed by the little people who starred as “the munchkins” in 1939’s “The Wizard of Oz.”

Luft, a movie producer credited for helping Garland revive her Hollywood career in the 1950s, passed away in 2005 at age 89.

“They would make Judy’s life miserable on set by putting their hands under her dress… The men were 40 or more years old,” wrote Luft, who married the star in 1952, as reported by TheWrap. “They thought they could get away with anything because they were so small.”

Garland herself has claimed the actors were guilty of bad behavior before her own death in 1969 at age 47.

“They were drunks,” she said in a 1967 interview with Jack Paar. “They put them all in one hotel… they got smashed every night, and the police had to pick them up in butterfly nets.”

The star added one of the actors, who was around 40 years old, asked her out on a date.

The rumor concerning the alleged troublesome cast isn’t new. The U.K.’s Independent reported the allegation may have first started with producer Mervyn LeRoy, who reportedly claimed after the movie wrapped: “They had sex orgies in the hotel, and we had to have police on just about every floor.”

Offline Frank Cannon

"Want some candy little girl?"

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Never work with animals or midgets.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Never work with animals or midgets.

In his autobiography, Chevy Chase claims to have been molested by midgets in Under the Rainbow.